• 151(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
If just Kodi is frozen (rather than the whole device) you won't have a crashlog until Kodi actually crashes. Enable debugging and see what's in your debug log. Most likely something is causing a deadlock. Identifying the build when the problem started may help narrow it down.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
ok, I did a -kill SIGSEGV and got the following crashlog: http://sprunge.us/FIQN
Is that helping in any way?

Stupid me: How do I enable debugging?
(2016-09-18, 21:24)jobisoft Wrote: ok, I did a -kill SIGSEGV and got the following crashlog: http://sprunge.us/FIQN
Is that helping in any way?

Stupid me: How do I enable debugging?

Settings/system/logging with standard to expert settings level.
(2016-09-18, 21:24)jobisoft Wrote: Stupid me: How do I enable debugging?

Settings > System > Logging > Enable debug

There's a PVR related change PR10472 that calls HasAddons() which seems to be part of your backtrace. Try to identify the last working build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-09-18, 19:30)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-09-18, 18:33)*Spider* Wrote: Did you just change the Kernel file in #917? I just re-downloaded that build and now it boots without the big rainbow square and the supported white pi wifi stick.

No, nothing has changed.

(2016-09-18, 18:33)*Spider* Wrote: Could you add the RTL8192EU drivers to these builds? It still locks up with #917 and the debug screen info.
Thanks

RTL8192EU is already included (always has been). I'm not sure why this driver would now cause problems since #0902, although there are some kernel and firmware changes in #0902 which is why I asked you to test the kernel from #0902 with #0901 firmware.
After a substantial amount of testing, I have concluded that this RTL8192EU works perfectly with OPENELEC 603 on a Pi 0 and not on a later version.
How can I help you to get this working with your September nightly builds? It only sees one wifi network (mine) instead of the neighborhoods around me and it constantly fails to connect to my router.
On OpenELEC it sees all of my neighbors routers.
What files do you want from OpenELEC 603 To help you resolve this problem?
Looks like last working build is 915, but I will have to test more, because with enabled debug logging, it is not 100% reproducible. I even got #916 working a few times with enabled debug logging.

Edit: The normal log is just more detailed, there is no extra debug.log?
Than this is the crashlog with enabled debug logging:

http://sprunge.us/cfbZ

Edit2: I just want to add, that I have a second Pi2 in my bedroom, which behaves the same. Furthermore my setup was working for a couple of days with #916, until my Win10-PC (which runs the DVBViewer-Recording-Service and has 3 DVB-S tuners connected) updated itself this morning. I do not understand this at all.

What else can I do to help you guys fix this?
(2016-09-18, 22:44)*Spider* Wrote: After a substantial amount of testing, I have concluded that this RTL8192EU works perfectly with OPENELEC 603 on a Pi 0 and not on a later version.
How can I help you to get this working with your September nightly builds? It only sees one wifi network (mine) instead of the neighborhoods around me and it constantly fails to connect to my router.
On OpenELEC it sees all of my neighbors routers.
What files do you want from OpenELEC 603 To help you resolve this problem?

It would help if you were consistent about the problem and when it started - you said you've had kernel panics since #0902, but apparently you no longer have these panics? If the dongle now works with #0917 but you see more networks with OpenELEC 6.0.3 (and have a more stable connection) then you have an opportunity to identify when this change occurred as my builds go back a long, long time.

Here's the version history for the RTL8192EU driver:
https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.t...package.mk

You could also test with LibreELEC 7.0.2 and, if you experience the same problems, then I'd advise you to report it on the LibreELEC forum as it's not an issue caused by any new code being tested in these builds (this thread is not here to fix each and every bug in LibreELEC).
(2016-09-18, 22:45)jobisoft Wrote: What else can I do to help you guys fix this?

I've posted a comment on PR10472.

I may need a more detailed backtrace in which case I'll upload a debug-enabled build overnight that you can test with (just upgrade to it as normal then generate your crashlog etc.). Will post details once it's uploaded.
I just produced another freeze and followed instructions of note #9

http://sprunge.us/IIYD
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0918: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.7.4 #1 Sun Sep 18 21:05:46 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Sep 14 2016 20:00:33
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version efa16f891edfcb0ba1aae15be195ad9d8b38d6be (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160918210447-#0918-g88a20f0 [Build #0918]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK

# Kernel device tree status: DISABLED

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (88a20f0b, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (3f23348b, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. MMAL fixes, remove dead code
  2. Enable NEON in kernel (RPi2/3 only)
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • kodi: update to 17.0-beta2-6e9d6fb (PR:746, 8 commits, 19 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [osx] - fix sse flags when using autoconf/xcode (PR:10473, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • Fix "Custom" view mode not showing in view mode list (PR:10481, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • add Pull request template (PR:10379, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [estuary] avoid hyphens in front of temperatures (PR:10487, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [PVR] Fix PVR not working after using kodi login screen (trac#16813) (PR:10480, 3 commits, 16 files changed)
    • [settings] make skin settings button more obvious (PR:10252, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [docs] add Pull request template (df6e9d76)
  3. pvr.stalker:
    • Fix crash (PR:75, 4 commits, 48 files changed)
  4. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • MMAL: Move pool into base class (b74de6ce)
      • MMAL: Make setting the decoder more consistent between MMALCodec and MMALFFMpeg (d9731f2a)
      • MMAL: Set processInfo in pool (01f1de9b)
      • ApplicationPlayer: Remove dead code (2c4a646c)
    • Updated commits in this build:
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: RPi2: Enable CONFIG_KERNEL_MODE_NEON
The changes to MMAL have created playback issues with 3D T/B (or O/U) encoded files (started with #0916, 16-Sep-2016)
The screen will flicker momentarily, rendering the top as a complete frame for one eye and the bottom as a complete frame for the other eye.

OMX still has problem with playback with 3D MVC files - scanning through the file (arrow key left or right) has the player jump to the correct time but playback is frozen and cannot be restarted.

Both MMAL and OMX still have the subtitle problem as commented previously and here (the link).
Using #0917 then #0918 (with debug switched on) playing a video and bringing up both audio and subtitle off-set options in top centre of Estuary GUI, I found was unable to adjust (left-right) with either CEC remote or the keyboard. (Stuck, unable to adjust)

Steps to create problem, with video playing, via playback GUI

First adjusted audio off-set, movement left and right OK
Then switched to subtitle off-set, movement left and right NOT OK
Swiched back to audio off-set, movement left and right NOT OK

kodi debug.log

Note: almost never need to adjust audio/subtitle off-set, so not tried option in a long time, (Apologies if its an error in my set-up?)
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2016-09-18, 23:23)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-09-18, 22:45)jobisoft Wrote: What else can I do to help you guys fix this?

I've posted a comment on PR10472.

I may need a more detailed backtrace in which case I'll upload a debug-enabled build overnight that you can test with (just upgrade to it as normal then generate your crashlog etc.). Will post details once it's uploaded.

I've uploaded a debug enabled build #0918x: RPi2 (318MB)

Just upgrade as normal, then produce the crashlog. You can revert back to #0918 afterwards if you like.
(2016-09-19, 13:58)Milhouse Wrote: I've uploaded a debug enabled build #0918x: RPi2 (318MB)

Just upgrade as normal, then produce the crashlog. You can revert back to #0918 afterwards if you like.

Here you go: http://sprunge.us/YagS
Edit: another one: http://sprunge.us/XcAX

Does that help?
(2016-09-19, 14:28)jobisoft Wrote: Here you go: http://sprunge.us/YagS
Edit: another one: http://sprunge.us/XcAX

Does that help?

Thanks, it should do. See the comments on PR10472 - hopefully there will be a fix soon.
  • 151(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19