• 19(current)
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?
simply add PlayerControl(tempodown) to a key ... it worked on ios when i tested it - it has to work on osx too. I have no media to test here on devcon.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-09-18, 17:05)Memphiz Wrote: simply add PlayerControl(tempodown) to a key ... it worked on ios when i tested it - it has to work on osx too. I have no media to test here on devcon.

I'll take your word for it. I've added it back to my PR: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10347

Just need someone to finally merge it ;)
I thought we wanted this to be a skin feature, not a keymap feature tbh
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I think people would like to be able to do it with one key on a remote.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-09-19, 09:17)Memphiz Wrote: I thought we wanted this to be a skin feature, not a keymap feature tbh

Such controls should have both options. With a proper keymap and remote there really is no reason to mess with the OSD. The OSD is really just there as a fallback for things not on the remote.

Skinners can do whatever they want, but it's nice to press a button and have something happen, rather than opening up a menu first.
without skin feedback it will be a bit hard to go back to normal speed - but i will stay out of this as i damned this feature since the start of the request Wink
I agree, the feedback skin part is still needed for the whole thing to work well, just like FF and RW.
(2016-09-18, 09:07)nickr Wrote: Scott967, a wiki page would be the best place to write howto.

Agree, was kind of hoping/anticipating Estuary would provide some skin support that could be referenced in a FAQ/Wiki entry.

scott s.
You don't even need to write a how-to for the keymap once this PR gets merged (any day now... not sure what the holdup is..) ;)
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10347

As for highlighting it as a new feature in Estuary (if that happens), that is certainly something we need help with on the wiki. Right now there's barely any references at all to Estuary, let alone some some of the neat features it has. Any documentation there will be incredibly helpful.
Because I also had problems with understanding how to use this feature, I try to describe in most simple way how to do it.
Hope it helps. All instructions here are for Windows users.

Grab beta version of Kodi v17 - Krypton, or later release from here: https://kodi.tv/download/
Kodi v16 doesn't have this function yet (or I cannot find it).

If previous version of Kodi is already installed, make a backup, just to be sure.
More info about backup here: http://kodi.wiki/view/backup

Install fresh Kodi or update current version.

Launch Kodi, go to Settings.

Go to Player settings » Videos

Turn on Sync playback to display.

Exit Kodi - because next you need to create keymap file and Kodi reads it only during start.

First, you need to find where your "userdata\keymaps" for Kodi is, for example:
Code:
c:\Users\{user_name}\appdata\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps\

Create a "keyboard.xml" file inside "keymaps" folder.
Assign some keys for tempo up/down. In following example (taken from this thread) there is Ctrl+Left and Ctrl+Right mapped.
Edit its content, write as follows (or use your own keyboard shortcuts):
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
        <left mod="ctrl">PlayerControl(tempodown)</left>
        <right mod="ctrl">PlayerControl(tempoup)</right>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
For specific info about keymaps, look here: http://kodi.wiki/view/keymap

Start Kodi.

Play video.
Press Enter (to see the status bar).
Press mapped key to increase tempo, see current tempo on OSD.

Additional notes:
a) If you are using different skin than default Estuary, I don't know if you will see the tempo multiplier/info on OSD. This probably depends on skin.
b) If you are using different than keyboard input device to control Kodi, you probably will need to assign/map different shortcuts.
Just a question. Is it possible to get some feedback while changing tempo, just like with volume? Now, if you change playback tempo, there's nothing showing up on screen.

Is it skin related feature and skin Itself need to be altered?

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 3 przy użyciu Tapatalka
(2016-09-22, 09:24)raven6679 Wrote: Just a question. Is it possible to get some feedback while changing tempo, just like with volume? Now, if you change playback tempo, there's nothing showing up on screen.

This was my suggestion, previously. Right now I see no easy way for the skin to "know" that the speed was changed, except when going to/from "normal" 1x speed. Kodi could, for example, throw a "notification" that the skin would display.

scott s.
(2016-09-22, 21:37)scott967 Wrote:
(2016-09-22, 09:24)raven6679 Wrote: Just a question. Is it possible to get some feedback while changing tempo, just like with volume? Now, if you change playback tempo, there's nothing showing up on screen.

This was my suggestion, previously. Right now I see no easy way for the skin to "know" that the speed was changed, except when going to/from "normal" 1x speed. Kodi could, for example, throw a "notification" that the skin would display.

scott s.

Yes, we talked about this. But bringing up the seekbar would kind of break skins like confluence because it shows bitmaps for speeds like 2x, 4x, ...
That was the reason I hesitated to do the change so far.
UI is now notified about a change of playback speed: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10581
(2016-09-28, 20:57)FernetMenta Wrote: UI is now notified about a change of playback speed: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10581
Thanks. With my meager code reading skills, couldn't see exactly what makes this work, but I think the concept is good. Skins probably don't want to display all the controls they do during a "normal" seek or FF/RW, but should be doable with visibility bools on Player.IsTempo.

scott s.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?11