• 9(current)
Win FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement
(2016-09-16, 15:14)GlennNZ Wrote: As above.
You can't use Win-P which essentially turns of the 2nd display, clones it or duplicates, or extends it - in a cycle. No wonder Frontview+ has no idea what screen display to use.

Right Click on Desktop go to Screen Resolution, Multiple Displays - Should say 'Extend these Displays', select main screen for make screen.
And restart Frontview and whatever else.

Log3 shows it now selecting correctly Display6, and listing screens - and presumably resolutions in pull down- but issue is you keep turning it off, on, clone, extend - and every time the screen changes it resets and recalculates. You can turn off that behaviour by setting the below (in settings.xml file) to true.

<DisableResolutionDetection>false</DisableResolutionDetection> Change to True

This turns off auto recalculating/adjusting when the screen display is reset/changed - which is happening with ever Win-P press. May just overcome that issue.
(also turn TRACE log on as well - gives slightly more info)

Tah

Glenn

Thanks.
Will have look at log - but you CAN NOT use windows-P. (As above)

It turns off the 2nd screen. Frontview (and anything else on that screen) resets back to screen 1 and all settings are then reset/lost, as screen no longer exists. As I have said above setup in display settings and then leave alone. It's also probably .why the dpi settings are wrong

If resolution is not shown you may need to enter resolution on settings.xml as I have described above. (Depends on whether your screen reports or not)

Will check log when can and edit this post.
Log Shows Displays appearing and disappearing as you turn them on and off witn Win-P.
Moment the display is off - all resolutions go etc.
Need to not use Win-P. Select Screen, save settings. Select Resolution - if not there thats fine. Exit Frontview and restart.
If Resolution wrong - enter settings Resolution. And Restart.

Have made another build with yet more logging .
https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/blo...ntView.exe

Try that build - but I can't fix the screen from disappearing and reappearing with your usage of Win-P (its the same as unplugging it)

Glenn

Glenn
Ok, with latest frontview.exe the window open as it should by starting the program! Beside i had to use win+p to get the home window on screen.
But display resolutions are still not available.
Nearby when search and select for Moers, Germany the weather id will not be assumed. It shows only "/q/".
Log5
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
(2016-09-17, 10:19)tehax Wrote: Ok, with latest frontview.exe the window open as it should by starting the program! Beside i had to use win+p to get the home window on screen.
But display resolutions are still not available.
Nearby when search and select for Moers, Germany the weather id will not be assumed. It shows only "/q/".
Log5

Hi - thanks for the logs - but - Sorry but I'm out of of time, as away for a bit soon.

The new extra version above adds a few extra logging - but changes nothing else - it's your behaviour that is making these changes.

As I have said a few times Wink you need to set up screens without using win-P

On to other issue :
Weather will work and correctly save - check the weather screen - although /iq/ will be displayed when done
Need to setup and enter a API for weather underground.

Log:
Shows that you start FrontView+ with NO selected or saved display.
Then you close/open screens (presumably with Win-P - as above).
Doesnt appear you actually "Save Settings"
Weather - shows that no API is entered

So:

Setup Screens with Screen Display Settings in Control Panel: DO NOT USE WIN-P ever for a HTPC
Start FrontView+
Select Display6
Save Settings
Select Resolution - if there - if not doesn't matter.
Exit FrontView
Setup Settings via <DMPelWidth> & <DMPelsHeight> in settings.xml only if needed
Restart FrontView.
(Do not use Win-P and delete second screen when FrontView running as will reset everything)

For Weather
Need to enter weather Underground API Key as discussed.

Theres a few others with the same case - they might be able to chip in with some advice - but hopefully you'll figure it out.

Glenn
I made all these steps but text stays on same size and does not fit to the screen size.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
(2016-09-18, 10:07)tehax Wrote: I made all these steps but text stays on same size and does not fit to the screen size.

Hi (away from system for a while )
But the text is almost 100% a dpi setting issue.
Either the setting dpi windows setting, or the dpi screen settings

Have a look at this for more info:
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5990-...-10-a.html

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone
As i wrote i am on win 8.1. For 4k i need to change dpi up to 300% and these dpi is a global setting, means for all displays. Please note that dpi level was changed in win 10. The dpi fix belongs to win 10 to use old win 7 and 8 dpi usage.

Edit: with this tool i have no issues!
(2016-09-18, 17:27)tehax Wrote: As i wrote i am on win 8.1. For 4k i need to change dpi up to 300% and these dpi is a global setting, means for all displays. Please note that dpi level was changed in win 10. The dpi fix belongs to win 10 to use old win 7 and 8 dpi usage.

Edit: with this tool i have no issues!

Okay - a quick google -
Here is the Windows 8 dpi instructions on changing individual display dpi - which is what you need to do.
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/283...8-1-a.html

Glenn
Okay.
Overseas, away from usual computer, but here is version complied on laptop to ignore any DPI settings (probably requires more testing to ensure no unforseen problems)

But if unable set DPI to 100% on individual display this should bypass that:

Replace usual file with the one above.

Glenn
I am now on resolution automatic settings for dpi. Main display dpi is now smaller than 300% but i am able to get 2nd screen with correct resolution and full text now. I use v2.0.200.10.
This version does also start with tray icon only but opens in 2nd screen latest when i start kodi.
With Version 2.0.200.20 the Window do not open, only tray icon.
The screenshot shows a cut logo from Kabel 1 in the backgropund and a strange sign nearby the text "Kabel....s DH".Is this normal? It do not show up when i disable "use logo"!?
Can i get the size from date, time greater and also channel text with media control panel symbols? I have already set size on vlarge.
(2016-09-20, 17:36)tehax Wrote: The screenshot shows a cut logo from Kabel 1 in the backgropund and a strange sign nearby the text "Kabel....s DH".Is this normal? It do not show up when i disable "use logo"!?

Thanks. Interesting about 1.200.20 can't really explain that behaviour but will have a better look when back. (Have reverted those changes meanwhile - but have added more logging around DPI)

As for above - that's a bug - which needs squashing - will do in next version.
Will be fixed in next version - but also fixed in below version; (and changes 1.200.20 reversed)

As for text size - settings change, if you are asking can it be bigger? (Didn't really follow the question) Well that depends on the screen size and the text size settings.

Also have another fix for DPI settings issues - somewhat limited testing as don't have second screen - but scales well in my testing.
Includes above fix as well: Have included here: In test exe:
https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/rel...g/1.200.40

& 2nd Test Build
Will another set of changes for DPI handling (when can't set monitor DPI setting to 1)
https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/rel...g/1.200.50

If either of these don't fix and still issues - should be able to resolve with log:
(I'm a bit limited as don't have 2nd screen currently to test)

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone
i tested it on Kodi 17. it does not show movie artwork when scrolling through movies in Kodi. cd artwork works when playing music. does it support Kodi 17? discriptions for recorded tv Shows it doesnt display or does it? and what is the latest version' the one from first post? I took 1.200
Hello,
so with v50 i am not able to get progam window. v40 works but with no scale fit. Im on 300% manual settings for all displays.
Log v40
(2016-09-22, 18:16)tehax Wrote: Hello,
so with v50 i am not able to get progam window. v40 works but with no scale fit. Im on 300% manual settings for all displays.
Log v40

Thanks for the logs.
But this might need to wait until I'm back.

The log shows that your displays are appearing and disappearing (?Win-P). Sometimes they are called Display1 and Display2 by Windows , sometimes Display6 is used (which is what FrontView is trying to find). I have not Idea quite what is happening or what you are doing on your system.

Glenn
(2016-09-22, 16:29)charliekay74 Wrote: i tested it on Kodi 17. it does not show movie artwork when scrolling through movies in Kodi. cd artwork works when playing music. does it support Kodi 17? discriptions for recorded tv Shows it doesnt display or does it? and what is the latest version' the one from first post? I took 1.200

Yes it does support 17 fully without problems.
Likely your Kodi Frontview plugin needs enabling and configuring. (The manual does cover this basic stuff)

1.200 is the latest version.

Glenn
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement3