**ABANDONED** EPG-Direct - direct access to the SchedulesDirect JSON-API
@bluezed, I`ve been using it for a few days and it`s worked flawlessly with my SD account with 3 lineups (US,UK,CA). After using this it`s hard to go back to grabbing channel listings manually. Big Grin
(2016-09-22, 14:48)dave157 Wrote: @bluezed, I`ve been using it for a few days and it`s worked flawlessly with my SD account with 3 lineups (US,UK,CA). Big Grin

Thanks for trying it out! Big Grin
Excellent little program, like dave157 have been using for a few days. Several lists from SD work quite well. So much easier than creating channels in an XML, scheduling WebGrab+, adding channels, playing around with ini files, generating channels etc.

Couple minor suggestions:

When selecting Choose Stream, would be nice if the name of the channel appeared somewhere on the pop up. (I'm old, I forget!!)
Any way to change the name of the channel displayed, I have ATSC channels ie CBLTDT to CBC or WGRZDT to NBC. (I guess I can modify the source.db)
Is it possible to have an option to show both the Channel name and a Logo (Font Size or Logo Size is impacted)

Browse on Choose Stream popup selection, does not do anything, at least for me. Shows no plugins, just a blank page with two white arrows. Do I have to add something in an XML file somewhere to populate this? <=Figured this out with Addon.ini creator. Just won't add my IPTV streams, but I can add them through Favs.

My favorites seem to get erased occasionally, the links still work, but are missing from the Choose Stream favorites. Now this could be a result of a refresh on my IPTV addon, but strange all the same. One day they are there, next gone.

Thanks again, cwh
(2016-09-28, 14:45)cwh060 Wrote: Excellent little program, like dave157 have been using for a few days. Several lists from SD work quite well. So much easier than creating channels in an XML, scheduling WebGrab+, adding channels, playing around with ini files, generating channels etc.

Thank you Smile

(2016-09-28, 14:45)cwh060 Wrote: Couple minor suggestions:

When selecting Choose Stream, would be nice if the name of the channel appeared somewhere on the pop up. (I'm old, I forget!!)

Thanks for the suggestion. I've added it into the top right corner now. Update should be downloading shortly Smile

(2016-09-28, 14:45)cwh060 Wrote: Any way to change the name of the channel displayed, I have ATSC channels ie CBLTDT to CBC or WGRZDT to NBC. (I guess I can modify the source.db)

Currently that's not possible, at least not in the GUI. You can change it in the DB if you want though.

(2016-09-28, 14:45)cwh060 Wrote: Is it possible to have an option to show both the Channel name and a Logo (Font Size or Logo Size is impacted)

With the current skin that's a bit tricky as it's a tight fit in the channel column. Maybe further down the line I can look into doing a skin that allows for that option. Or if someone wants to submit their own skin feel free to do so. Just do a Pull Request on Github Smile

(2016-09-28, 14:45)cwh060 Wrote: Browse on Choose Stream popup selection, does not do anything, at least for me. Shows no plugins, just a blank page with two white arrows. Do I have to add something in an XML file somewhere to populate this? <=Figured this out with Addon.ini creator. Just won't add my IPTV streams, but I can add them through Favs.

Glad you managed...the "Browse" should open up a Kodi system dialog with your Video sources where it looks for files with the extension ".strm".

(2016-09-28, 14:45)cwh060 Wrote: My favorites seem to get erased occasionally, the links still work, but are missing from the Choose Stream favorites. Now this could be a result of a refresh on my IPTV addon, but strange all the same. One day they are there, next gone.

Not seen this behaviour before and the stream select dialog and menus are pretty much the same as in many of the other TV Guides so not sure what's happening there for you... Maybe if you could submit a Debug log when it happens that could give a clue?

(2016-09-28, 14:45)cwh060 Wrote: Thanks again, cwh

You're welcome Smile
Thankyou for adding the channel name to the Choose Stream PopUp!

I am noticing a little problem when using a Custom File addon.ini which I can replicate.

In the EPG settings, I set the Source for a Custom File, pointing at my <smb://Mylocation/addon.ini> location.

While this works if no addon.ini exists in the \addon_data\script.epg.direct folder. Each time I update the external file it is reverting to the version stored within addon_data\script.epg.direct folder. Make sense? It's only using the Custom File source once.

In order to use the newly created version, I must delete the addon.ini file stored in script.epg.direct folder.

Maybe a way to either delete the addon.ini stored in the userdata, refresh the settings or addons, or ensure when set to Custom File the program does not revert to the locally stored version.

Thanks
cwh
(2016-09-29, 14:53)cwh060 Wrote: Thankyou for adding the channel name to the Choose Stream PopUp!

I am noticing a little problem when using a Custom File addon.ini which I can replicate.

In the EPG settings, I set the Source for a Custom File, pointing at my <smb://Mylocation/addon.ini> location.

While this works if no addon.ini exists in the \addon_data\script.epg.direct folder. Each time I update the external file it is reverting to the version stored within addon_data\script.epg.direct folder. Make sense? It's only using the Custom File source once.

In order to use the newly created version, I must delete the addon.ini file stored in script.epg.direct folder.

Maybe a way to either delete the addon.ini stored in the userdata, refresh the settings or addons, or ensure when set to Custom File the program does not revert to the locally stored version.

Thanks
cwh

Try removing this from fileFetcher.py about line 57.
Code:
or fileName.startswith("smb://") or \
                fileName.startswith("nfs://")

It treats smb and nfs as internet locations instead of local files.
Took those lines out, but the program is not happy.

Just sits there with the "Loading data from external source..." wheel spinning.

I reverted back to the original .py and it loads properly. To make sure it was not source related, I added some channels and it loaded the new data from SD correctly.

cwh
(2016-09-29, 16:07)cwh060 Wrote: Took those lines out, but the program is not happy.

Just sits there with the "Loading data from external source..." wheel spinning.

I reverted back to the original .py and it loads properly. To make sure it was not source related, I added some channels and it loaded the new data from SD correctly.

cwh

If you are not familiar with python you need to know that things like spaces and tabs are significant.
Here is how it looks like in my TV Guide Fullscreen which is based on the same source as EPG-Direct.
https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvgu...her.py#L57

If you are not comfortable with editing python I would wait for bluezed to fix it and copy your addons.ini to a local directory.
Yeah looks like I missed a space at the end line 58 between the ) and : <=Didn't make any difference, I'll just wait.

Mine looks like this http://screencast.com/t/cMVcoz4D I must have missed something along the line.

cwh
(2016-09-29, 16:16)cwh060 Wrote: Yeah looks like I missed a space at the end line 58 between the ) and : <=Didn't make any difference, I'll just wait.

Mine looks like this http://screencast.com/t/cMVcoz4D I must have missed something along the line.

cwh

That looks ok but I must have changed something else to make it work too.
How to assign a number to a channel so we can access the channels easier by remote control.

and how to name the img file "BT Sport//ESPN HD.png" for channel "BT Sport//ESPN HD"

These are should be updated on the next version.

Thanks!
This might be a simple question, but what "Software You Use" Option should you select when registering on Schedules Direct?
(2017-09-28, 02:28)Dondiego Wrote: This might be a simple question, but what "Software You Use" Option should you select when registering on Schedules Direct?

If I remember correctly it should be "sdJSON".
Thanx bluezed, I noticed this post has been inactive since late 2016, does the software still work? and if it does I guess it should be a whole lot better by now.
(2017-09-28, 19:42)Dondiego Wrote: Thanx bluezed, I noticed this post has been inactive since late 2016, does the software still work? and if it does I guess it should be a whole lot better by now.

Honestly, I'm not totally sure if it still works. It certainly did back then though Wink

I've not done any more development on it either but primaeval has added parts of it to his own TV Guide Fullscreen (282157 (thread)). So if you want the latest development that guide is probably the best one out there right now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
**ABANDONED** EPG-Direct - direct access to the SchedulesDirect JSON-API1