• 3(current)
[T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control
Shame the dongle has gone bad but glad you have pin pointed the problem. Hopefully Amazons warranty covers defected product.
Rainbow 
(2016-06-27, 21:12)Jeffers24 Wrote: That looks exactly the same as mine and the pics posted by Dasco, including the box.
Good luck, let us know how you get on.
This is the best remote I've ever had. Thanks everyone who reported here. Even my bluetooth keyboard performs worse(needs time to reconnect), but this remote's RF link works absolutely transparently - as if it was connected by cable. Only if it was bluetooth also.. Anyway, hope we will see more remotes of such quality in the future - it was a long hard way before I got this one..

By the way, if anyone has interest how to activate colored keys in OpenELEC - I would explain (not easy but possible)
Can you post the link to the item you bought?
If it is the one from aliexpress posted on the previous page, can you confirm functionality is the same as described in this thread?
I have older MX3-M and would like to switch to the newer version Smile
c-shadow, yes, the link is the one I've posted earlier.
Not sure what exact functionality do you mean, but I think it's the same - the remote is much better than MX3-M I've also had
I meant key mapping and IR vs RF key availability. Back when MX3(M) was new model, there were 3 different models with very similar design and key layout, but some were unable to map a lot of keys. On some models the mouse function could not be turned off completely but would come back after a resume from sleep. Fortunately, my MX3-M allows me to turn off mouse, it turns back on only if I pull the batteries out.
One of the cons of old MX3-M is that 4 colored keys work only in IR mode. How does it work with T3?
Did you buy the version with microphone or without?
My old MX3-M also has some mic but I never found any use for it.
Not sure about IR part, but while in IR mode, red indicator blinks on every key (in RF mode the indicator is green).
The mouse turns off completely.
All colored keys work in OpenELEC (need to tweak configs for that).
I bought the version with microphone - maybe I'll find it useful for VoIP
My T3 does not have the microphone. All keys can be used for IR when in IR LED Blinks Red. When in RF Mode Led Blinks Green, in Windows all RF Buttons are recognized except (+ Magnify Button) (- Magnify Button) (Overlapping Rectangle) and (e Explorer button).
All these keys send keycodes in OpenELEC (can be seen with 'evtest'), so might be mapped as needed
(2016-06-25, 18:19)bam80 Wrote:
(2016-06-25, 18:02)Jeffers24 Wrote: I did not realise remotes went to sleep as they are only transmitters and I thought they only use battery power when you pressed a button.
In IR case they are,
but RF remotes need power to keep the link up, and suffer additional delay when the link eventually broken(remote go to sleep) to set it up again (may be small though).
Quote:My batteries last a long time so I guess they all take a rest and go to sleep Smile
Hope your T3 batteries do the same Smile
Guys, can you give us feedback how quickly T3 drains batteries?
It's too early to say about batteries for me. I'll report when it drains
Still using same set since June.
Good enough Smile
I am ordering one. Found on ebay for 10,95$.

Thanks for the feedback.
I just received a new T3 remote control and it really works very nice. The only problem I have not managed to solve is that I'm not able to put my Windows 10 HTPC to sleep. After pressing power button on RF mode my pc goes to sleep, but immediately wakes back up as soon as I move the remote, even with mouse mode disabled.

Does anybody have the same problem? Any help regarding this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!.
(2016-09-01, 13:31)dasco Wrote: Shame the dongle has gone bad but glad you have pin pointed the problem. Hopefully Amazons warranty covers defected product.

UPDATE: I contacted my supplier off Amazon and they replaced it FOC, so all OK again now.
(2016-09-23, 03:00)kusanagi Wrote: I just received a new T3 remote control and it really works very nice. The only problem I have not managed to solve is that I'm not able to put my Windows 10 HTPC to sleep. After pressing power button on RF mode my pc goes to sleep, but immediately wakes back up as soon as I move the remote, even with mouse mode disabled.

Does anybody have the same problem? Any help regarding this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!.

Hi kusanagi

I have three Windows 10 machines and the problem you describe happens on two machines. The two machines that have problems have dedicated graphics cards. Where as my NUC that has integrated graphics in the CPU works fine. However i have not narrowed down the problem as i have a work around that suits me. I just set the machine to go to sleep after 5 Minutes of no use and it will not wake up until a button is pressed. Hope this helps and may give you a direction to narrow down the problem if the work around does not suit.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[T3] 2.4GHz and IR Air Mouse Remote Control3