• 2(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
So zdmc with wrapper, 3d iso has no microstutter? Thats better than q10 pro....
What kind of options are there for subtitles in the external player? I understand it can download subs but for which source? And can I configure a different source/sources?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk
(2016-09-25, 16:06)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-09-25, 07:27)nickr Wrote: @hdmkv, please convince me that Zidoo are complying with the GPL2. Either that or the thread goes to the bin.
I'm not Zidoo, so no idea...
@mirror88, please share code per GPL rules. You have a good, promising player in X9S, and I'd hate for this to be a VidOn-type situation. @nickr has already requested a couple of times.

@nickr, if it gets to the 'trash bin' point, please let me know so I can at least save information and not lose the work; thanks.
Got to agree with Nickr here. Zidoo to post up to date Kodi forked GitHub code sources for ZDMC or trash the thread. There should be a timeline put on publishing these sources as well or this is going to drag on and possibly get ugly...

(2016-09-25, 18:22)Skank Wrote: So zdmc with wrapper, 3d iso has no microstutter? Thats better than q10 pro....
Not that I'm noticing after watching one 3D ISO fully and another half-way, and after looking at end credits rolling with two other 3D ISO's. Not seeing any frame drops, skips, microstutters. Hopefully, you'll have your X9S unit soon and post your results. I am fallible, and tested lots of stuff as you can see from Google spreadsheet in post #1, so it's possible I made an error or two somewhere.

Completed review in post #1. Only thing I have left to test is HDMI-in and its recording feature. If you guys have anything specific (that I didn't cover) you want me to look at, just let me know.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
The following has now been missed with both the Q10 review and now the Zidoo...

If any box, is marketed as a regular Android device, the ease of use when interacting with the included remote control and regular Android Apps needs to be mentioned in any review. OR state you are only reviewing Kodi or external video player GUI interactions.

You know my stance on Android IR Air Mice implementations.
Regular Android boxes sold for a Premium price at the top end of the Android market, that use a crap IR only Air Mouse implementations should have that fact highlighted in any review. MINIX have shown what can be done with their RF NEO A2 Lite remote control.

Users should not have to buy extra RF Remote controls just to use basic Android Apps properly on any "Premium" Android device period. There should be no hidden nasty GUI - remote surprises waiting for end users.

Why ?
Well you have Android TV OS products on the market that dispense with all this Air Mouse rubbish and have Apps designed for very easy use on a TV. Ones that work properly out of the box WITH the included remote controls.

(2016-09-25, 20:56)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-09-25, 18:22)Skank Wrote: So zdmc with wrapper, 3d iso has no microstutter? Thats better than q10 pro....
If you guys have anything specific (that I didn't cover) you want me to look at, just let me know.
please test the audio DAC of X9S with hi-res files. Looun tested the audio DAC of Q10 Pro and he said that HiSilicon SoC had a very clear sound, with no distortion. I'd like to know how is the quality of Realtek DAC. Realtek have broad experience making decent sound chipsets for computer motherboards.

Thank you

PS. I don't know how long this thread will last... Sad I've also warned Mirror88 here.
I expect (hope) @mirror88 complies w/GPL. He did so with X6S.

Re: hi-res audio, not sure when I'll be able to get to them, but can test what I have (DTS 96/24, TrueHD 192, and FLAC). Have a couple of 5.1 SACD's, but need to find out how to rip.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-09-24, 02:58)mirror88 Wrote: We tested MVC-3D-MKV would be auto playing 3D model(framepacking)
Can you provide the sample file for us?also please provide the "3D flip-eyes" file to usSmile

Makemkv is free as a beta and you could create your own full movies in 3D mvc mkv, actually doing long tests instead of snippets.
That way faults could have easily found. I am sure you want to offer a good player, but really do tests by actually using the device as a buyer would.
Posting screenshots saying all is great in 3D mvc mkv and then later finding out, there are big problems does not build trust.

Especially after what happened with the last player, where everything 3D was supposed to be great and we know how it turned out to be.

It looks like a very interesting player and once we get green light from @hdmkv it could sell well through this forum.
(2016-09-25, 22:03)hdmkv Wrote: I expect (hope) @mirror88 complies w/GPL. He did so with X6S.

Re: hi-res audio, not sure when I'll be able to get to them, but can test what I have (DTS 96/24, TrueHD 192, and FLAC). Have a couple of 5.1 SACD's, but need to find out how to rip.
Ok, then please test DVD playback support (menus, chapters, subtitles) in ISO format and VIDEO_TS folder structure. I'd like to know if DVD support is better than Q10's.

Thanks again.
(2016-09-25, 21:25)wrxtasy Wrote: The following has now been missed with both the Q10 review and now the Zidoo...

If any box, is marketed as a regular Android device, the ease of use when interacting with the included remote control and regular Android Apps needs to be mentioned in any review. OR state you are only reviewing Kodi or external video player GUI interactions.

I did state 'A/V Performance Review' Smile. The supplied remote is mostly adequate for ZDMC, native player and box settings screens... all that's needed for video playback. Like I noted, the main shortcoming is lack of a 'Stop' button. For other content apps use, honestly stick to official Android TV boxes like Shield TV, Mi Box, etc.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-09-25, 22:59)hdmkv Wrote: the main shortcoming is lack of a 'Stop' button.
You can open the "shortcut key" app,to programming a "stop" button
(2016-09-25, 16:06)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-09-25, 07:27)nickr Wrote: @hdmkv, please convince me that Zidoo are complying with the GPL2. Either that or the thread goes to the bin.
I'm not Zidoo, so no idea...
@mirror88, please share code per GPL rules. You have a good, promising player in X9S, and I'd hate for this to be a VidOn-type situation. @nickr has already requested a couple of times.

@nickr, if it gets to the 'trash bin' point, please let me know so I can at least save information and not lose the work; thanks.

Will be open the source code today.
(2016-09-25, 22:10)3dgeek Wrote:
(2016-09-24, 02:58)mirror88 Wrote: We tested MVC-3D-MKV would be auto playing 3D model(framepacking)
Can you provide the sample file for us?also please provide the "3D flip-eyes" file to usSmile

Makemkv is free as a beta and you could create your own full movies in 3D mvc mkv, actually doing long tests instead of snippets.
That way faults could have easily found. I am sure you want to offer a good player, but really do tests by actually using the device as a buyer would.
Posting screenshots saying all is great in 3D mvc mkv and then later finding out, there are big problems does not build trust.

Especially after what happened with the last player, where everything 3D was supposed to be great and we know how it turned out to be.

It looks like a very interesting player and once we get green light from @hdmkv it could sell well through this forum.
We maked a MKV(mvc) file by makemkv,Will be check it soon.
Code:
General
Unique ID                                : 76071357336494725389550182990760295715 (0x393ACF7CF52DF677161C678F21CEBD23)
Complete name                            : E:\video\Avatar\Avatar_3D_mvc.mkv
Format                                   : Matroska
Format version                           : Version 2
File size                                : 42.8 GiB
Duration                                 : 2h 41mn
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 37.9 Mbps
Movie name                               : Avatar
Encoded date                             : UTC 2016-09-26 03:23:04
Writing application                      : MakeMKV v1.10.2 win(x64-release)
Writing library                          : libmakemkv v1.10.2 (1.3.3/1.4.4) win(x64-release)

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : Stereo [email protected] / [email protected]
MultiView_Count                          : 2
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 3 frames
Format settings, GOP                     : M=3, N=24
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration                                 : 2h 41mn
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : No
Forced                                   : No
DURATION                                 : 02:41:41.692000000
NUMBER_OF_FRAMES                         : 232608
NUMBER_OF_BYTES                          : 38530859106
SOURCE_ID                                : 001011
_STATISTICS_WRITING_APP                  : MakeMKV v1.10.2 win(x64-release)
_STATISTICS_WRITING_DATE_UTC             : 2016-09-26 03:23:04
_STATISTICS_TAGS                         : BPS DURATION NUMBER_OF_FRAMES NUMBER_OF_BYTES SOURCE_ID
@mirror88 Zidoo has already distributed the object code, you are obliged to make the source available at the same time, not tomorrow.

If you want to continue to have Zidoo referred to on this forum, produce the source. This is non-negotiable and you have already agreed to it in utilising the source, changing it, and distributing the object code.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-09-26, 08:05)nickr Wrote: @mirror88 Zidoo has already distributed the object code, you are obliged to make the source available at the same time, not tomorrow.

If you want to continue to have Zidoo referred to on this forum, produce the source. This is non-negotiable and you have already agreed to it in utilising the source, changing it, and distributing the object code.

That's not actually true. Many projects prefer to do it this way, but the GPL only says that you have to provide source upon request. That request can be fulfilled in many ways, including using printing it out and sending it via paper-mail. While the GPL does not actually define time limits for providing sources, making source available within a day or so is generally considered acceptable.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8