Release Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton)
(2016-09-26, 02:40)MacGyver Wrote: I got the same thing once, the log showed that Kodi disliked something in the addon.xml file, then it disappeared from Kodi, then installed fine.

O so you also had the same thing happen.

I wonder whats really going on here? Shocked
All I can say is that it looks like when it tries to replace your Textures.xbt, it can't:

Code:
22:38:32 T:3280   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file C:\Users\mlmas\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.metropolis\media\Textures.xbt
22:38:32 T:3280   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file special://home/addons/skin.metropolis/media/Textures.xbt
22:38:32 T:3280   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file C:\Users\mlmas\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.metropolis\media\Textures.xbt
22:38:32 T:3280   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Delete - Error deleting file special://home/addons/skin.metropolis/media/Textures.xbt

And then it fails reading the addon.xml (but I suspect this is a fallthrough error that occurred due to the above error):

Code:
22:38:32 T:3280   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.metropolis]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/skin.metropolis

This isn't happening on my installations, but I don't have any Windows installs here. As a guess, maybe the Krypton beta is creating files in the AppData folder with incorrect permissions? Particularly (and maybe only) the Textures.xbt file.

So.. try this. Make sure Kodi isn't running, then delete this file by hand:

Code:
C:\Users\mlmas\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.metropolis\media\Textures.xbt

Then start Kodi and re-install Metropolis. If it succeeds, I'm likely correct.

After you do the above, check the permissions on that file too.
(2016-09-26, 15:14)jingai Wrote: All I can say is that it looks like when it tries to replace your Textures.xbt, it can't:

Code:

And then it fails reading the addon.xml (but I suspect this is a fallthrough error that occurred due to the above error):

Code:
22:38:32 T:3280   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.metropolis]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/skin.metropolis

This isn't happening on my installations, but I don't have any Windows installs here. As a guess, maybe the Krypton beta is creating files in the AppData folder with incorrect permissions? Particularly (and maybe only) the Textures.xbt file.

So.. try this. Make sure Kodi isn't running, then delete this file by hand:

Code:

Then start Kodi and re-install Metropolis. If it succeeds, I'm likely correct.

After you do the above, check the permissions on that file too.

Installed perfectly Smile

Also what do you mean by check permissions on that file?
And what do the permissions of this file look like now?

Code:

Regardless, this appears to be a Kodi bug, probably specific to the Windows port because I have not seen this on Linux or MacOSX (ahem.. macOS..).
(2016-09-26, 16:54)jingai Wrote: And what do the permissions of this file look like now?

Code:

Regardless, this appears to be a Kodi bug, probably specific to the Windows port because I have not seen this on Linux or MacOSX (ahem.. macOS..).

Do I right click the file or something?
Right click, Properties, I think..

I'm kinda not kidding when I say I haven't used a Windows box in a few years, so you might be better off asking about your issue on the Windows forums here lol
It's doubtful that permissions are incorrect on windows else every update would fail for all addons. What could happen is that windows took hostage of your folder for whatever reason and usually a reboot fixes that.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Could be anything from permissions to anit-virus locking the file.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Another is to make sure you change the skin to something else before you try to update it.... SOO if using Metropolis switch to Confluence or Estuary or what ever it is called and then update.

I have seen files not update otherwise.
I have never changed the skin before updating and it's always worked.. so, I don't know.. maybe just a Windows thing.
(2016-09-27, 10:49)ziggy73701 Wrote: Another is to make sure you change the skin to something else before you try to update it.... SOO if using Metropolis switch to Confluence or Estuary or what ever it is called and then update.

I have seen files not update otherwise.

I get this error when in Metropolis or any other skin.
Well, at least we know it's not specific to Metropolis then.
(2016-09-27, 14:21)jingai Wrote: Well, at least we know it's not specific to Metropolis then.

Not exactly I get the error when updating to Metropolis from any skin I am currently in.

I am going to try and install another skin from a zip If I can find one.
Does it happen when you update another skin from within Metropolis?
(2016-09-27, 14:46)jingai Wrote: Does it happen when you update another skin from within Metropolis?

Going to try that now as soon as I get a zip file

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton)2