Beta SchedulesDirect to xmltv
script.schedules.direct

SchedulesDirect to xmltv

* output custom SchedulesDirect channels to xmltv.xml file
* login and scheduled update timer
* SchedulesDirect costs $25 per year

This addon uses the code from @bluezed's EPG-Direct TV Guide to create an xmltv file that can be used in other TV Guides.

I don't use the service personally, so if anyone does who would like to take this code on and enhance it or fork it, you are very welcome.

source: https://github.com/primaeval/script.schedules.direct

data provider: http://www.schedulesdirect.org/
You are my new hero.
(2016-09-26, 10:53)Ned Scott Wrote: You are my new hero.

Thanks.

It could do with some testing and optimising for incremental updates.
I'll test as well. Thanks!
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I'll just mention, in case anyone's not already aware of it, that there is a similar type of script called zap2xml that uses the free Zap2it listings to create an xmltv.xml file. I'm not saying one is better than the other, just noting that this alternative script exists.

There is an article here that explains how to set it up and configure it. It's on a site specific to free-to-air satellite TV but I have found that it's also applicable to those who use regular TV antennas. It's specifically directed toward Kodi users so even if you choose to use the script in the first post, some of the information in that article (in particular about how to get TVHeadEnd to read in the file, for those using TVHeadEnd) would likely be just as applicable no matter which program is used to produce the xmltv.xml file.
(2016-09-26, 19:36)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: I'll just mention, in case anyone's not already aware of it, that there is a similar type of script called zap2xml that uses the free Zap2it listings to create an xmltv.xml file. I'm not saying one is better than the other, just noting that this alternative script exists.

There is an article here that explains how to set it up and configure it. It's on a site specific to free-to-air satellite TV but I have found that it's also applicable to those who use regular TV antennas. It's specifically directed toward Kodi users so even if you choose to use the script in the first post, some of the information in that article (in particular about how to get TVHeadEnd to read in the file, for those using TVHeadEnd) would likely be just as applicable no matter which program is used to produce the xmltv.xml file.

I don't know all the details of zap2it but I know that SchedulesDirect is apparently paying the providers something for the schedule data. So you can know that you are contributing to someone's livelihood. Angel If it is a scam I would like to know that too, but it looks legit to me.

You can also use webgrab++ and my addon to set it up if you're feeling poor too.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=2389809

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SchedulesDirect to xmltv1