Release Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton)
Ok I have a skin called Amber installed from the repo then I downloaded the Amber Zip from the link below and when I went to update it it installed fine no errors at all.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=269157

It sure looks like a Metropolis issue to me Nod
Switch to Amber and repeat. Leave it on Amber, then restart Kodi. Switch back to Metropolis and try to update Amber again.

I'm wondering if the skin had to have been loaded in the current session for you to see the problem.
(2016-09-27, 14:54)jingai Wrote: Switch to Amber and repeat. Leave it on Amber, then restart Kodi. Switch back to Metropolis and try to update Amber again.

I'm wondering if the skin had to have been loaded in the current session for you to see the problem.

I actually need to install Metropolis again from the repo because after I tried to update Metropolis from Amber and restarted Kodi Metropolis was missing.
Nope after installing Metropolis again and switching to Amber then updating Metropolis I get update failed and after kodi restart with Amber loaded I go to switch to Metropolis and it is missing..
That is not what I meant. Do the following exactly please:

1) Switch to Amber,
2) Try to update Amber from ZIP,
3) Restart Kodi,
4) Switch from Amber to any other skin,
5) Try to update Amber from ZIP.

edit: Hrmmm that ZIP archive of Amber does not contain packed textures, so it may not exhibit the same problem..
(2016-09-27, 15:05)jingai Wrote: That is not what I meant. Do the following exactly please:

1) Switch to Amber,
3) Restart Kodi,

edit: Hrmmm that ZIP archive of Amber does not contain packed textures, so it may not exhibit the same problem..

I just followed this exactly and Amber updated perfectly from zip.

In step 5 I updated Amber zip from Confluence this time.
(2016-09-27, 15:05)jingai Wrote: That is not what I meant. Do the following exactly please:

1) Switch to Amber,
3) Restart Kodi,

What skin do you recommend I try?
Do this:

1) Install Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO from here if you don't already have it installed,
2) Switch to Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO,
2) Try to reinstall Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO from ZIP,
3) Restart Kodi,
4) Switch from Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO to any other skin,
5) Try to reinstall Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO from ZIP.
(2016-09-27, 15:16)jingai Wrote: Do this:

1) Install Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO from here if you don't already have it installed,
2) Switch to Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO,
2) Try to reinstall Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO from ZIP,
3) Restart Kodi,
4) Switch from Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO to any other skin,
5) Try to reinstall Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO from ZIP.

I had to first install Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO from repo as it would not show up when trying to a fresh install from the Zip file not sure if that means anything here or not.

But anyway again I followed everything you said and in step 4 I switched to Confluence and in step 5 it updated to Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO from ZIP with no errors at all.
Are you doing something subtly different with Metropolis? Do you have the skin's folder open in Windows Explorer (or whatever it's called) or something?

I really don't see how Metropolis itself could be causing this..
(2016-09-27, 15:29)jingai Wrote: Are you doing something subtly different with Metropolis? Do you have the skin's folder open in Windows Explorer (or whatever it's called) or something?

I really don't see how Metropolis itself could be causing this..

No file explorer windows are closed

Also not sure if this means anything or not but I just noticed when I updated to the Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Zip file I now have 2 versions of Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO installed 6.0.1 and 5.9.2 from the repo.

And strange thing is the backround is all black with 6.0.1

So even though Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO zip update installed without errors the backround is all black with no artwork.
(2016-09-27, 15:39)gate1975mlm Wrote: Also not sure if this means anything or not but I just noticed when I updated to the Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Zip file I now have 2 versions of Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO installed 6.0.1 and 5.9.2 from the repo.

Yes, it means you didn't actually update it, it installed a second copy with a different skin ID. So the process was different than what you've done with Metropolis.

Switch to the 6.0.1 copy of the skin and try re-installing the ZIP.
See here. Metropolis isn't the only skin with this problem Wink

FWIW, I think you're probably missing artwork in Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO because it didn't actually install correctly and your Textures.xbt is either missing or wasn't loaded on reload. It's very likely a related issue.

But, I do think this is a Kodi bug.
Let's bring discussion of this particular issue over here where I think it might get more visibility.
(2016-09-27, 16:31)jingai Wrote: Let's bring discussion of this particular issue over here where I think it might get more visibility.

Sounds good

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton)2