Increase Subtitle and Audio Offset steps?
Hi all,

Another subtitle / audio offset thread but this one is different i think because i'm search the last hour for a solution to my problem without luck.
I know how to map SubtitleDelayMinus / SubtitleDelayPlus etc but how do i increase the steps it makes?
Now it's default is 0,1 second but I would like to make it 1 second every step.

I also played with subsdelayrange but that only makes the range larger or shorter but doesn't affect the steps time.

Is such even possible or should i use a external script that simulates the steps for me?
Something like this shouldn't be that complicated should it?

Like this:

keymap.xml
Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
    <remote>
      <star>RunScript(special://masterprofile/scripts/subminus.py)</star>
      <hash>RunScript(special://masterprofile/scripts/subplus.py)</hash>
    </remote>
  </FullscreenVideo>

subminus.py
Code:
import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin("Action(SubtitleDelayMinus)")
Thinking aout the same issue I stumbled upon your post.
Perfect workaround for now!
Thanks!
It would be better if the devs make this configurable like they did with the video skip steps but i doubt it will ever going to happen.
Thank you for workaround

The 0.1 sec steps is way to small for me, so this is perfect.

Has anyone made a feature request about this issue?
It would be quite useful, if up/down adjusted the delay by 1.0 second and left/right adjusted it by 0,1 second. Sometimes subtitle files have the "Previously on..." stuff in the beginning of the file and the video file doesn't. That's when adjusting by 0.1 second seems really slow.
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)
(2016-10-01, 13:22)maxtherabbit Wrote: It would be quite useful, if up/down adjusted the delay by 1.0 second and left/right adjusted it by 0,1 second. Sometimes subtitle files have the "Previously on..." stuff in the beginning of the file and the video file doesn't. That's when adjusting by 0.1 second seems really slow.
You can edit your keymap to do that if you're using the scripts.
Great thread!
I was successful at binding +1/-1sec subtitle offset to Channel Up/Down buttons on my remote : )

KeyMap Editor plugin allows you to figure out the correct KeyID.
Just bind anything to the button you need, then modify keymap.xml with the RunScript action.

I've put subplus.py and subminus.py in /home/.xbmc/ and modified /home/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/gen.xml with RunScript(special://home/subplus.py) actions.
I had to re-open KeyMap Editor and click Save to apply my changes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Increase Subtitle and Audio Offset steps?1