• 8(current)
Release Library Node Editor
It does - make your nodes, go to the video tab (and on down if you made them elsewhere below that) where you should see them. Then right click on each, make it a favourite and you can then add it to the Amber menu like any other favourite.

The current Krypton beta version uses skin helper so you can link them directly via that too in that version.

Parent nodes are essentially folder nodes that contain other nodes (or other parent nodes to make a tree).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
If I open the video menu, it looks like this :

So you see, there's no HDD 1 node in there and also no parent node that I created called SERIES

If I go into TV Shows from here, it just shows me all of my series,
like if I go into TV Shows from the Home menu,
so also no HDD 1 node in there.
This is how the xml looks :

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="7" type="filter">
<label>HDD 1</label>
<content>tvshows</content>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">
<value>J:\HDD 1\</value>
</rule>
<order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</node>
You have the 'flatten hierarchy' option enabled in Kodi's settings. This script doesn't support editing the 'flat' nodes so you can either disable that option (the exact location of the setting varies depending on the version of Kodi you're using - on Krypton it's Media Settings > Videos > Flatten Hierarchy), or you can copy the 'video_flat' folder from the default video nodes location specified on the video nodes (wiki) page and then add your new node to that.
(2016-10-01, 18:00)BobCratchett Wrote: You have the 'flatten hierarchy' option enabled in Kodi's settings. This script doesn't support editing the 'flat' nodes so you can either disable that option (the exact location of the setting varies depending on the version of Kodi you're using - on Krypton it's Media Settings > Videos > Flatten Hierarchy), or you can copy the 'video_flat' folder from the default video nodes location specified on the video nodes (wiki) page and then add your new node to that.

Thanks, the Flatten hierarchy option did the trick.

I now have a Home menu item called SERIES and within that I have 2 nodes, HDD 1 and HDD 2.
Just found this very useful addon. Thanks to whomever is making this possible.

Using latest beta 5 of Krypton w/ Confluece I can adjust my music nodes fine.

When changing the video nodes the addon works. But I can't see the result. No error, just the old nodes. In the addon I see the new nodes.

I'm Dutch so using the Dutch translation. The music nodes are called 'Music library' in the add-on. But the video nodes are called 'Videobibliotheek' (the dutch word).

Is there a solution?
(2016-11-02, 18:21)bartmans Wrote: When changing the video nodes the addon works. But I can't see the result. No error, just the old nodes. In the addon I see the new nodes.

Please try the solution in the post right above yours - that is the most likely reason that you don't see your new nodes.
Unless I'm doing something wrong, it seems as if files view (un-scanned folder) is not supported for sub-menus under a library node.
Is there any chance this could be added with a future update?
How does this different from using smart playlists?
(2016-11-28, 06:35)Lucidae Wrote: Unless I'm doing something wrong, it seems as if files view (un-scanned folder) is not supported for sub-menus under a library node.
Is there any chance this could be added with a future update?

The full files nodes (showing all your sources and giving you the option to add more) can be selected from the list when first adding a path component to a node. For an individual source, add a path component and choose and arbitrary item, then select 'Manually edit...' and replace the current path with the full path to your source. Note, Windows local paths may need to be double-backspaced (e.g. c:\\path\\to\\source).
@BobCratchett could you possibly add "path" as a field when editing rules for an content = "artists" filter type node? Similar to how content = "songs" and "albums" rules can have field path.

Example node here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2471572
Note this is not the same as <path> option in folder type custom nodes.

Content = "albums" also now has "compilation" (boolean) and "LastPlayed" (a date like for "songs") fields available in rules. They could do with adding too!

I will try to keep you upto date on playlist rule or folder path changes in future.
@DaveBlake - Just want to make sure I understand, as I've obviously got a little confused on the path rules Smile You want to be able to specify a new rule where 'path' > 'is'/'startswith'/etc, and presumably the possibility to browse for a value from the existing music paths? If I'm understanding correctly, I'll add that as soon as I'm able (probably at the weekend)

And no problem adding the compilation and last played fields Smile
Yes, that's it. Thanks @BobCratchett
Is it possible to create multiple rules in parents node separated by "and" or "or"?

I want to separate movies i've seen and movies i've still not seen that are scattered around multiple paths
(2016-12-11, 20:31)masa0922 Wrote: Is it possible to create multiple rules in parents node separated by "and" or "or"?

I want to separate movies i've seen and movies i've still not seen that are scattered around multiple paths

It's possible to create multiple rules, but they are always applied with the operator 'and' - which is to say, all rules must match for the media to show. Certainly the node editor has no way of separating rules via 'or', and my understanding is that the video nodes (wiki) core feature itself doesn't support this.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Node Editor3