• 42(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
Quick question, maybe already answered but I can't find it: can the ir receiver on the hub learn other codes with LIRC on LE, like the C2 can?
(I'm deciding between hub and play2 and one of the factors is the additional USB port on the play for a flirc)
Yes, you can program it as you wish, especially in LE/OE, so it can works with NEC protocol based RCU.
I've ordered the Hub, can't wait to test it on my JVC x500r.

Envoyé de mon SM-A510F en utilisant Tapatalk
(2016-09-27, 12:22)droidelec Wrote: Yes, you can program it as you wish, especially in LE/OE, so it can works with NEC protocol based RCU.

thanks for the prompt answer.
now does anyone know how I would find out if my remote (from my Onkyo receiver, want to keep to only one in total) uses the NEC protocol? can I do so with my flirc maybe?
(I hope this is not too OT, others considering the purchase might wonder as well)
Hi Guys,

I've seen a YouTube review that the Wetek Hub can mirror IOS . Can you pls verify this?

Cheers!
(2016-09-30, 16:42)stickfighter Wrote: Hi Guys,

I've seen a YouTube review that the Wetek Hub can mirror IOS . Can you pls verify this?

Cheers!

The Hub has no such feature by default. Like most Android boxes, there are paid apps that attempt this (with varying results), which is likely what you saw.
Hi,
Maybe you can help me...I want to use Kodi on libreelec but every time the automatic refresh rate is on and I play a 4k video the picture is a small rectangle in the top left corner of screen.
This issue is present in Kodi android and libreelec version.
Does anyone have the same problem ?
Thanks.
(2016-09-30, 23:02)Ned Scott Wrote: The Hub has no such feature by default. Like most Android boxes, there are paid apps that attempt this (with varying results), which is likely what you saw.

Thanks Ned. Here's another issue. I have a Mediasonic Probox 4-Bay Enclosure (Model # HF2-SU3SU). Inside is 4 x 2TB = 8TB. My issue is the Wetek Hub can't read any of the drives. Is there a fix to this?
(2016-10-05, 09:25)harmonics Wrote: Hi,
Maybe you can help me...I want to use Kodi on libreelec but every time the automatic refresh rate is on and I play a 4k video the picture is a small rectangle in the top left corner of screen.
Thanks.

It's being looked into. I don't know the details as I don't have a 4K TV.
(2016-10-05, 16:24)stickfighter Wrote:
(2016-09-30, 23:02)Ned Scott Wrote: The Hub has no such feature by default. Like most Android boxes, there are paid apps that attempt this (with varying results), which is likely what you saw.

Thanks Ned. Here's another issue. I have a Mediasonic Probox 4-Bay Enclosure (Model # HF2-SU3SU). Inside is 4 x 2TB = 8TB. My issue is the Wetek Hub can't read any of the drives. Is there a fix to this?

I'll have to try with my Mediasonic 4 bay enclosure :)

However, I do know that the WeTek firmware that is using Android 5 (current stable) only makes mount points for 2 drives. Android 6 fixes the problem, but I don't have an ETA on that for the Hub.
(2016-09-30, 23:02)Ned Scott Wrote: I'll have to try with my Mediasonic 4 bay enclosure Smile

However, I do know that the WeTek firmware that is using Android 5 (current stable) only makes mount points for 2 drives. Android 6 fixes the problem, but I don't have an ETA on that for the Hub.

Great! You have one as well. Let me know as all my movie and tv series collection are all stored in the Probox Smile

Yes, I tried using a USB hub and hooked up 3 external drives. The Wetek Hub only read 2 drives.
(2016-10-05, 17:37)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-10-05, 09:25)harmonics Wrote: Hi,
Thanks.

It's being looked into. I don't know the details as I don't have a 4K TV.

Ok, thank you for that information !
I've been playing around with the Hub for a few days, and I must admit I am very dispointed. I have problems both with android and libreELEC.

With KODI Android (updated to the last version): video stutters a lot (both RJ45 and wifi), often freezes, and KODI sometimes crashes. HD audio passthrough doesn't work.

I then tried LibreELEC, and it's better, but KODI crashes a lot, I often have to unplug the cord to reboot the Hub.

That's the first time I encounter such problems on a KODI gear. I am considering returning the unit. I don't want the hassle of going through tweaking and tweaking again, I chose the Wetek Hub because it was supposedly working out of the box, compared with cheaper noname android boxes.

Do you think it might be defective ?
(2016-10-05, 22:43)Menrad Wrote: I've been playing around with the Hub for a few days, and I must admit I am very dispointed. I have problems both with android and libreELEC.

With KODI Android (updated to the last version): video stutters a lot (both RJ45 and wifi), often freezes, and KODI sometimes crashes. HD audio passthrough doesn't work.

I then tried LibreELEC, and it's better, but KODI crashes a lot, I often have to unplug the cord to reboot the Hub.

That's the first time I encounter such problems on a KODI gear. I am considering returning the unit. I don't want the hassle of going through tweaking and tweaking again, I chose the Wetek Hub because it was supposedly working out of the box, compared with cheaper noname android boxes.

Do you think it might be defective ?

Might be a defective unit. I just got mine a week ago and both the android and libreELEC are working just fine. No issues whatsoever while streaming or using the hub as an nmt player.
Android WETEK Media Player works for Passthrough only if the Android audio is set to HDMI.

Latest LibreELEC plays all HD Audio codecs including high res multichannel FLAC via HDMI Passthrough.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3