• 10(current)
WIP Krypton Testing branch
(2016-09-28, 10:28)DarrenHill Wrote: Thanks, will test it tonight.

One other small annoyance I discovered this morning - if you add a favourites via the skin shortcuts, you can't rename it (change the title used in the menu) like you can if you just use the old direct method.

I guess that's a limitation in Skin Shortcuts rather than Amber, but thought I'd include it too now I found it. I'll dig deeper tonight if there's a better way to do it with SS, it's just nicer to have the freedom to tweak the title.

It is a limitation of the current implementation, I would like to give more customisation to the user, e.g. submenu customisation) along with consolidating the way things are set as at the moment we have settings in too many places, e.g. Backgrounds, Home Menu; it would be good to keep them in a single place.
When i browse my movie collection theres show only the first fanart of an collection, ist this a bug or a setting?

Collection: Alien

But Alien 1 and Alien 2 and Alien 3 there have all the fanart from Alien 1 as background.

When i view the movie information there is for each movie another fanart.

edit:
I use the low list viewmode.
Nice to see the Skin Shortcuts 'Just Select' method being implemented in Amber. I've had a quick play and it looks like its working nicely but if there's any help or advice I can offer, please do let me know.
(2016-09-28, 23:23)BobCratchett Wrote: Nice to see the Skin Shortcuts 'Just Select' method being implemented in Amber. I've had a quick play and it looks like its working nicely but if there's any help or advice I can offer, please do let me know.

Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know if we need anything, Glad it's working :-)
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the great skin!

I was wondering if you were able to modify the PVR recordings window, so that you could chose a default sort, or change it from descending to ascending?
I find the grouped tv shows always default to descending, so the latest episode is at the top, and the oldest at the bottom.
Like most people I want to watch from the oldest to the newest.
It can be changed, but when the folder empties, and then a new episode is recorded, it defaults back to descending.

Also, when I upgraded all my watched/currently watching got screwed up, I fixed this manually, but find now that in tv shows the "in progress episodes" section is empty, and watching an episode does not put the next episode into it.
The "unwatched tv shows" if selected does nothing when enter (keyboard interface used) is hit.

Thanks Derek
Updated Krypton8 branch

2ndOctober2016 -Fix for set items not using their own fanart. Fix Unwatched tv shows shelf not activating.

Using nightly 20160921-a8b701d
(2016-09-28, 18:31)Piti Wrote: When i browse my movie collection theres show only the first fanart of an collection, ist this a bug or a setting?

Collection: Alien

But Alien 1 and Alien 2 and Alien 3 there have all the fanart from Alien 1 as background.

When i view the movie information there is for each movie another fanart.

edit:
I use the low list viewmode.

Thanks for the report, fix pushed to the Krypton8 branch
(2016-10-01, 02:16)glubbish Wrote: Hi Joe,

Thanks for the great skin!

I was wondering if you were able to modify the PVR recordings window, so that you could chose a default sort, or change it from descending to ascending?
I find the grouped tv shows always default to descending, so the latest episode is at the top, and the oldest at the bottom.
Like most people I want to watch from the oldest to the newest.
It can be changed, but when the folder empties, and then a new episode is recorded, it defaults back to descending.

Also, when I upgraded all my watched/currently watching got screwed up, I fixed this manually, but find now that in tv shows the "in progress episodes" section is empty, and watching an episode does not put the next episode into it.
The "unwatched tv shows" if selected does nothing when enter (keyboard interface used) is hit.

Thanks Derek

Hi, I can't change anything in the skin for recordings as it just takes the Kodi settings here, I'm not sure if there is an internal Kodi setting that can be changed, may be worth asking in the general forum.

I've fixed the faulty "unwatched tv shows" shelf in the Krypton8 branch, "in progress episodes" only shows individual episodes that are partially watched.
Now all locking perfect, thank you for the nice work.
Hi Joe,

The 'in progress' is now working, for any show partially watched.

What is missing, that I really liked about this skin, is the next episode does not appear, as it used to.
It is very convenient to be able to choose the next episode from the home screen

Thanks Derek
(2016-09-22, 17:37)Raitsa Wrote: Todays version installed and working great on my NUCs.

One small wish though: I would love to have subtitle download even more easily on hand.
reFocus has a very, very clever, easy and fast way to do it: you just press ok and this text screen shows up and that text approach works for everyone, even for... say 100 year old users.

(2016-09-22, 17:54)joethepartylion Wrote:
(2016-09-22, 17:37)Raitsa Wrote: Todays version installed and working great on my NUCs.

One small wish though: I would love to have subtitle download even more easily on hand.
reFocus has a very, very clever, easy and fast way to do it: you just press ok and this text screen shows up and that text approach works for everyone, even for... say 100 year old users.

Hmm interesting, maybe this could be done with toggle to choose a miniOSD, let me think about it ;-)

Hey joethepartylion, is this something you are still considering to be added to Amber?
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2016-10-06, 10:42)Raitsa Wrote:
(2016-09-22, 17:54)joethepartylion Wrote: Hmm interesting, maybe this could be done with toggle to choose a miniOSD, let me think about it ;-)

Hey joethepartylion, is this something you are still considering to be added to Amber?

Yes it is but I'm just working on tidying up and refining what we have already changed before I add new features as the changes since Jarvis need a bit more polish e.g. missing scroll bars, label alignments, settings consolidation, improving the library views, subtitles window etc.

Once that is complete I'll see if Jester is happy to accept the extra features like miniOSD.
Updated Krypton8 branch

7thOctober2016 -Updated subtitles dialog, updated for smartlist button changes

Using nightly KodiSetup-20161007-b57c736
Went to download & install the update ultrafast but it contained no text based subtitle download yet Wink
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2016-10-07, 16:05)Raitsa Wrote: Went to download & install the update ultrafast but it contained no text based subtitle download yet Wink

Sorry, that bit's not ready yet :-)
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton Testing branch1