• 12(current)
Release Rapier 9.6.6 for Kodi 16 Jarvis [DEPRECATED]
(2016-08-09, 16:30)noiseloops Wrote:
(2016-08-08, 11:47)Gade Wrote:
(2016-08-08, 10:59)noiseloops Wrote: Hi Gade,
thanks for the skin! excellent work so far. love using it. if we have custom backgrounds, which folder would be the best location to save them on. after the recent update, somehow the backgrounds i previously set went missing together with the custom icons.

Hi noiseloops.

Thanks so much for the kind words Smile

Custom backgrounds, icons, category images etc. should be places outside the skin folder, as it gets cleaned/replaced on each skin update.

I would avoid removable drives as well, as they can go in sleep mode and slow things down.

But any internal drive should work.

initially i did put it outside of the folder under media. but i just couldn't figure out how to specify the special:// function to reference to it. wanted to transfer it my android box with ease. installed it on my windows box and it takes reference to C:/. any ideas to it? seems like special://skin goes to the rapier folder reference.

Hmmm... Now I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do.

Custom backgrounds, icons etc. etc. can be set directly in the skin settings without editing anything: http://kodi.wiki/view/add-on:rapier#Skin_Settings

But are you directly editing the xml files?
Info on special protocol can be found here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Special_protocol

Anything inside the skin.rapier/ folder will get erased with each skin update.
(2016-08-09, 18:08)Gade Wrote: Hmmm... Now I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do.

Custom backgrounds, icons etc. etc. can be set directly in the skin settings without editing anything: http://kodi.wiki/view/add-on:rapier#Skin_Settings

But are you directly editing the xml files?
Info on special protocol can be found here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Special_protocol

Anything inside the skin.rapier/ folder will get erased with each skin update.

yeaps, that helped with special protocol. i was changing xml file under userdata\addon_data\skin.rapier\settings.xml. will these get updated as well?
no.
(2016-08-10, 06:38)skybird1980 Wrote: no.

thanks!!
Yeah, the skin settings are not changed or reset. And you can copy then from one machine to another as long as the paths and content are the same - and the Kodi / Rapier version as well.

But isn't it easier doing it directly in the skin settings within Kodi?
(2016-08-10, 10:11)Gade Wrote: Yeah, the skin settings are not changed or reset. And you can copy then from one machine to another as long as the paths and content are the same - and the Kodi / Rapier version as well.

But isn't it easier doing it directly in the skin settings within Kodi?

cause i have two android boxes in my bedroom and living room. so i will transfer them by zipping them up and transferring there for the backgrounds.
Thanks, I see Smile

You know, you can export all skin settings to a file and import them on another machine?

Skin Settings > Skin Settings > Export / Import Skin Settings.

This might make it easier for you?
yeah i saw that feature and haven't tested it out to be honest. hehehe.

i'll try it out once i get some time on my hands. cheers for that Gade!
hi i am running jarvis 16.1 with this skin , is there any way to add more categories to the main menu eg: youtube etc , when trying to use custom backgrounds movies tv show and weather is not enabled is there any way to enabled these , with the supported addons tvtunes and videoextras wont download do i have to manually install these
thanks for your advice
(2016-09-19, 19:26)flowerpot Wrote: hi i am running jarvis 16.1 with this skin , is there any way to add more categories to the main menu eg: youtube etc ,

You can add up to 16 extra custom categories. Look for the section "Add more categories".

(2016-09-19, 19:26)flowerpot Wrote: when trying to use custom backgrounds movies tv show and weather is not enabled is there any way to enabled these

You have probably disabled the 3 categories in the Skin Settings > Home?
Or you haven't scraped any movies or tv shows into your library - or haven't selected a weather add-on in the general kodi weather settings.

(2016-09-19, 19:26)flowerpot Wrote: with the supported addons tvtunes and videoextras wont download do i have to manually install these
thanks for your advice

TV Tunes and VideoExtras are no longer part of the official Kodi Add-on Repository. You'll have to install robwebset's repository to get them.
many thanks for your reply , i managed to get another categorie onto the main menu bar, can you add more that 7 submenu categories ,
with the main menu categories in white or blue can it be changed to different colours or even multi color by doing this [COLORred]Y[/COLOR][COLORpurple]O[/COLOR][COLORyellow]U[/COLOR] just a thought .
movies or tv shows dont seem to be disabled in home but try to add items to library, thanks for your advice
(2016-09-20, 13:29)flowerpot Wrote: i managed to get another categorie onto the main menu bar, can you add more that 7 submenu categories ,

Sorry, 7 submenus are the maximum for each category.

(2016-09-20, 13:29)flowerpot Wrote: with the main menu categories in white or blue can it be changed to different colours or even multi color by doing this [COLORred]Y[/COLOR][COLORpurple]O[/COLOR][COLORyellow]U[/COLOR] just a thought .

When using the red theme you can choose between red or white, and when using the orange theme you can choose between orange or white.

Other than that you'll have to manually edit the xml files to change the colours individually.

(2016-09-20, 13:29)flowerpot Wrote: movies or tv shows dont seem to be disabled in home but try to add items to library, thanks for your advice

If you haven't added your movies and tv shows to the library, the categories are not displayed in the home screen.
Same goes for many skin settings, which will either not be visible or are disabled.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Set_content_and_scan
http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources
UPDATE: Rapier 9.5.12 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

Highlights are:
  • Fanart, clear logo and much has been added to the PVR recordings window with View Options to disable.
  • Added new skin setting (Skin Settings > Media > Music Playing): Enable fullscreen window when starting music.
    Enabling this setting will immediately open up the fullscreen music window when music playback is started.
  • Updated presets dialog (when creating custom categories / submenus) with a full weather section. Screenshot below.
  • 2 new fonts have been added:
    Homozio Nova, which is a modern, narrow, minimalistic font working really well for the flat theme and a laptop. Screenshots below.
    Multilingual, which supports a lot of previously unsupported languages.
  • Support for movie and tv show genre fanart image packs (Skin.Settings > Backgrounds > General) has been added. Screenshots below.
    I created 3 genre fanart image packs: Wall Blue, Wall Red and Wall Grey - where Wall Blue works really well for the main blue Rapier theme. Thanks to TBinfection and Buff from the forums.
    Use this button to select a genre background image pack to be used in the movies and tv shows genre node.
  • The screen calibration window has been updated and some new images are added.

FULL CHANGELOG
Code:
9.5.12 (19-September-16)
- Added Skin Settings > Media > Music Playing > setting to enable fullscreen window when starting music.
- Updated Presets Dialog with Weather section (when creating custom categories / submenus).
- Increased the size of add-on settings dialog.
- Changed all instances of "Live TV" to "TV".
- Added more info on the next playing item in information dialog when playing fullscreen live tv.
- Bugfixing of PVR section.
- Added fanart for PVR recordings with view option to disable.
- Added Homizio Nova font.
- Added clearlogo to PVR recordings window with view option to disable.
- Bugfixing of unrated / no rating media flags.
- Info pane label 2 will now display sort method if no other info is available.
- Added support for movie and tv show genre fanart image packs (Skin.Settings > Backgrounds).
- Added multilingual font.
- Updated screen calibration window.

Added Homizio Nova font

Added Homizio Nova font

Added support for movie and tv show genre fanart image packs
Use this button to select a genre background image pack to be used in the movies and tv shows genre node.

Added support for movie and tv show genre fanart image packs
Result in the movie genre node

Updated Presets Dialog with Weather section (when creating custom categories / submenus)

ENJOY!
I have added 2 guides on the Rapier wiki:

CREATING A CUSTOM CATEGORY

ADDING, REMOVING OR EDITING SUBMENUS
Hi Gade,how can i do to add a documentaries categories in home screen? Thanks
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier 9.6.6 for Kodi 16 Jarvis [DEPRECATED]2