• 109(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-10-06, 16:53)weirdinin Wrote: I've been playing around with various drivers and settings but unfortunately I can't get rid off DolbyTrueHD related chapter skip/ff/rw issue. I'm wondering what are my options here and as I see it they are either wait until Intel launches new drivers or mvc build is updated to suit my setup. Or then I go nuts and buy new hardware. Dear community, are there some other options I don't see? What would be your suggestion if I bought new setup? A friend of mine is selling I5-4440. I could get it cheap.
You know, the TrueHD/chapter skip problem might be something that can't be fixed and we might just to have to live with it. To be honest, it's not a big deal for me. Besides when testing a build, why would you skip chapters when watching a 3D movie?
And to answer the second part of your post, I don't think the problem is hardware based. I think it's software based.
My current NUC (in my signature) as well as my old N2820 had the same issue so I bet everyone is having the same problem. I might be wrong but I doubt it.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
Hi,
I have tried this build, it seems to work without problem with ISO BD 3D. My TV switch to the correct mode. But if I play MKV Half SBS, stereoscopy side by side mode is detected by Kodi but my TV doesn't switch to SBS. Is it normal ?
Thank you.
I tried again last night, standard I3 6100 chip using internal graphics. The movies play but they skip ( its like they dropping or repeating a frame or something or getting slightly out of sync.. I don't understand how no one else has this issue.
(2016-10-08, 11:09)ArieS Wrote:
(2016-10-06, 16:53)weirdinin Wrote: I've been playing around with various drivers and settings but unfortunately I can't get rid off DolbyTrueHD related chapter skip/ff/rw issue. I'm wondering what are my options here and as I see it they are either wait until Intel launches new drivers or mvc build is updated to suit my setup. Or then I go nuts and buy new hardware. Dear community, are there some other options I don't see? What would be your suggestion if I bought new setup? A friend of mine is selling I5-4440. I could get it cheap.
You know, the TrueHD/chapter skip problem might be something that can't be fixed and we might just to have to live with it. To be honest, it's not a big deal for me. Besides when testing a build, why would you skip chapters when watching a 3D movie?
And to answer the second part of your post, I don't think the problem is hardware based. I think it's software based.
My current NUC (in my signature) as well as my old N2820 had the same issue so I bet everyone is having the same problem. I might be wrong but I doubt it.

Thank you for reply. I thought it was just me and some others who had this problem. Anyone, correct if rw/ff/chapter skipping is working with your setup. If chapter skip was fixable by buying new hardware, I would have to buy but now that I know problem is there anyway, I can live with it. I'm actually relieved I don't have to buy new hardware Wink
Sometimes chapter skipping is handy (e.g. my visitor Kodi account doesn't have the possibility to continue where a movie was last time left off) but nothing that I must have.
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
(2016-10-08, 12:24)NicCo Wrote: Hi,
I have tried this build, it seems to work without problem with ISO BD 3D. My TV switch to the correct mode. But if I play MKV Half SBS, stereoscopy side by side mode is detected by Kodi but my TV doesn't switch to SBS. Is it normal ?
Thank you.
Yes, it's a known issue with HSBS and HTAB. Need to manually switch to 3D mode.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Thank you.

Have you set proper headers in your SBS MKVs?
(2016-10-09, 19:17)hdmkv Wrote:
Thank you.
Yes, it's a known issue with HSBS and HTAB. Need to manually switch to 3D mode.
Thank you, do you know if it will be fixed or if it's not possible ?

(2016-10-09, 21:12)Charger Hellcat Wrote:
Thank you.

Have you set proper headers in your SBS MKVs?
Yes, all is OK. Kodi detects correct format but it doesn't switch TV to SBS
how would it physically switch the tv to SBS? Maybe tv's do this, my projectors definately dont.
If I use a Rapsberry Pi, the TV auto switch to SBS when I play HSBS, but it doesn't do that with Windows.
You will need 'Smart' capabilities in your display to auto switch 3D modes except MVC.
Windows 10 + Samsung 2015 works perfectly.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I have Windows 10 + Pentium G4500 (HD Graphics 530) + Samsung UE48H6400 (2014 series). MVC works very well but not HSBS. All is working with RPi.
I thought as long as you named files as such, it should auto-switch even in Windows MVC version?

- Movie Name (2012).3D.TAB.mkv
- Movie Name (2014).3D.SBS.mkv
My Family Room Theater
I can try it but without .3D.SBS in the name, Kodi switch to the right format (it shows Side by side). Do you it could change anything to the TV side ?
That's what I'm saying is that even with my SBS and TAB movies (only have a few) named as above, 3D isn't automatically triggered. But, yes, I can manually force movie into proper 3D mode via 3D settings in OSD menu.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-10-09, 22:30)hdmkv Wrote: That's what I'm saying is that even with my SBS and TAB movies (only have a few) named as above, 3D isn't automatically triggered. But, yes, I can manually force movie into proper 3D mode via 3D settings in OSD menu.

I've always done sbs and HOU and I always had to switch manually, never a big deal, with full MKV MVC, it auto switches to 3d. IMHO with MKV MVC playable and assuming you can play it, no reason to use HOU or SBS.
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10