• 2(current)
Using a VPN- Merging Thread
Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Log demonstrating this issue can be found here: http://pastebin.com/XppRvzz2
Anyone? Am I the only one seeing this problem?
All I see in your log is two lines saying "failed to connect to service for subtitle search".

Perhaps turn on verbose logging for libCurl?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-09-21, 07:08)nickr Wrote: All I see in your log is two lines saying "failed to connect to service for subtitle search".

Perhaps turn on verbose logging for libCurl?

Sure, how can I do that?
In the debugging section of settings there is an option to turn on/off specific logging details.
Log with libcurl in verbose mode : http://pastebin.com/C9fFKzzp
I don't see any difference, maybe you experts can see better ?
I'm having the exact same Problem.
I just setup my VPN using the VPN Manager add-on.
While I tried to find subtitles both subtitle add-on came up with "No subtitle found".

It was weird so I disabled the VPN and the results show up.

Im using latest LibreElec 7.0.2.
Hi Guys.

Firstly my apologies if this post is in the wrong place as ive sat here and looked everywhere for a thread that has some sort of relevance but couldnt find one.

My question is: Are you guys connecting to the Net with your Kodi devices via a VPN? Ive noticed aload of twitter posts and advertisments if you like on some Kdoi sites that are going on and on about using a VPN to connect. Personally ive never used one so i suppose most importantly my question to you guys is, should i be using a VPN and if so which one as they all claim to be the latest and greatest?

kind regards

Rich
You couldn't find it because VPN usualy means "pirated content" and that is banned here....
(2016-10-08, 14:46)mightycee79 Wrote: Hi Guys.

Firstly my apologies if this post is in the wrong place as ive sat here and looked everywhere for a thread that has some sort of relevance but couldnt find one.

My question is: Are you guys connecting to the Net with your Kodi devices via a VPN? Ive noticed aload of twitter posts and advertisments if you like on some Kodi sites that are going on and on about using a VPN to connect. Personally ive never used one so i suppose most importantly my question to you guys is, should i be using a VPN and if so which one as they all claim to be the latest and greatest?

kind regards

Rich

1. There is only one Kodi site and thats kodi.tv the other are either fake or very poor copies.
  2. VPNs are normally used to access Geo-blocked sites and are sometimes used to access Pirate videos but also for security purposes.
  3. You do NOT need a VPN to use kodi.
  4. Kodi® media center (formerly known as XBMC) is used for media that you own.
  5. Kodi condemns the use of any addon that gives a user access to pirated material.
  6. A VPN or Virtual Private Network is a method used to add security and privacy to private and public networks, like WiFi Hotspots and the Internet. VPNs are most often used by corporations to protect sensitive data.

Hopefully this answers your question.
Yup, pretty much what they said. VPNs are useful to either shield your traffic from your ISP or else pretend that you're somewhere/someone else.

For legitimate use, Kodi does nothing that really requires either, although some people run "whole house" VPNs just because they like tinfoil hats.

If you want to pretend to be elsewhere to, say, get around region- or country-specific IP address limits (geoblocking) - e.g. to watch iPlayer outside the UK - then a VPN will do that. Similarly, some folks would advocate the same to, say, access a different country's Netflix catalogue (although I believe that this is breach of their terms of service, just as it may well be with iPlayer and most other geoblocked content).

If, however, you want to do it because you're streaming content from unauthorised sources, then I'm afraid you'll need to take the conversation elsewhere. See here.
I also having the same issues.
I using a NUC computer with VPN from PIA.
When it is on, Kodi can not find/check new films in the database to download cover etc. and it is not possible to search subtitles.
As soon as I turn of the VPN it works.

anny ideas?
i just got the subscription of [ mod edited] but i don't know how to setup it on kodi tv.. can anyone please guide me ?
Don't you think it would be useful to at least provide SOME information about your setup if you are looking for people to graciously donate some time to help you?

Also have you tried doing a little research? There are several existing threads on this subject.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using a VPN- Merging Thread0