• 110(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-10-09, 22:31)robl45 Wrote: I've always done sbs and HOU and I always had to switch manually, never a big deal, with full MKV MVC, it auto switches to 3d. IMHO with MKV MVC playable and assuming you can play it, no reason to use HOU or SBS.
These are for a few re-encoded 3D movies saved as SBS or TAB mkv's. Fact it doesn't auto-switch isn't a big deal, but RPi2/3 builds do it if I recall correctly.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
RPi supports CEC, perhaps there is a link between both. Or it's perhaps purely linked to the GPU...
(2016-10-08, 12:24)NicCo Wrote: Hi,
I have tried this build, it seems to work without problem with ISO BD 3D. My TV switch to the correct mode. But if I play MKV Half SBS, stereoscopy side by side mode is detected by Kodi but my TV doesn't switch to SBS. Is it normal ?
Thank you.
Kodi -> Settings -> Player -> Videos -> Stereoscopic 3D -> Playback mode of stereoscopic 3D videos should be Preferred mode
Kodi -> Settings -> System settings -> Dispaly -> Stereoscopic 3D -> Prefered mode should be Hardware based
@afedchin

Welcome back!!
(2016-10-10, 08:16)afedchin Wrote:
I have tried this build, it seems to work without problem with ISO BD 3D. My TV switch to the correct mode. But if I play MKV Half SBS, stereoscopy side by side mode is detected by Kodi but my TV doesn't switch to SBS. Is it normal ?
Thank you.
Kodi -> Settings -> Player -> Videos -> Stereoscopic 3D -> Playback mode of stereoscopic 3D videos should be Preferred mode
Kodi -> Settings -> System settings -> Dispaly -> Stereoscopic 3D -> Prefered mode should be Hardware based

Thank you Afedchin! Switching is automatic now with SBS as well when I changed
Kodi -> Settings -> System settings -> Dispaly -> Stereoscopic 3D -> Prefered mode -> Hardware based
build 9/22
http://pastebin.com/8YJt5EVk

@hdmkv. Could you change this to the guide at the first post
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
(2016-10-09, 18:36)weirdinin Wrote:
(2016-10-08, 11:09)ArieS Wrote:
(2016-10-06, 16:53)weirdinin Wrote: I've been playing around with various drivers and settings but unfortunately I can't get rid off DolbyTrueHD related chapter skip/ff/rw issue. I'm wondering what are my options here and as I see it they are either wait until Intel launches new drivers or mvc build is updated to suit my setup. Or then I go nuts and buy new hardware. Dear community, are there some other options I don't see? What would be your suggestion if I bought new setup? A friend of mine is selling I5-4440. I could get it cheap.
You know, the TrueHD/chapter skip problem might be something that can't be fixed and we might just to have to live with it. To be honest, it's not a big deal for me. Besides when testing a build, why would you skip chapters when watching a 3D movie?
And to answer the second part of your post, I don't think the problem is hardware based. I think it's software based.
My current NUC (in my signature) as well as my old N2820 had the same issue so I bet everyone is having the same problem. I might be wrong but I doubt it.

Thank you for reply. I thought it was just me and some others who had this problem. Anyone, correct if rw/ff/chapter skipping is working with your setup. If chapter skip was fixable by buying new hardware, I would have to buy but now that I know problem is there anyway, I can live with it. I'm actually relieved I don't have to buy new hardware Wink
Sometimes chapter skipping is handy (e.g. my visitor Kodi account doesn't have the possibility to continue where a movie was last time left off) but nothing that I must have.
Ok, I take that back Smile
More importantly, I'm talking about what I said here: To be honest, it's not a big deal for me. Besides when testing a build, why would you skip chapters when watching a 3D movie?
Earlier I was watching the new Ninja Turtles movie in 3D and Atmos. At about the 1h40 mins mark I really needed to go to the restroom so I stopped the movie=big mistake. I was not able to resume from where I had stopped it. The movie had no sound and skipping some chapters back, they either had the sound or the movie would start from the beginning but I was never able to get to a close enough chapter with working sound. I had to finish the movie in 2D on LibreELEC Sad
I really thought the problem was only while skipping chapters and not resuming the movie from a set time.
I see that afedchin is monitoring this thread so I guess he is aware of the issue. Hopefully he could comment on it and tell us if it's a limitation or something he's working on.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-10-10, 10:36)ArieS Wrote:
(2016-10-09, 18:36)weirdinin Wrote:
(2016-10-08, 11:09)ArieS Wrote: You know, the TrueHD/chapter skip problem might be something that can't be fixed and we might just to have to live with it. To be honest, it's not a big deal for me. Besides when testing a build, why would you skip chapters when watching a 3D movie?
And to answer the second part of your post, I don't think the problem is hardware based. I think it's software based.
My current NUC (in my signature) as well as my old N2820 had the same issue so I bet everyone is having the same problem. I might be wrong but I doubt it.

Thank you for reply. I thought it was just me and some others who had this problem. Anyone, correct if rw/ff/chapter skipping is working with your setup. If chapter skip was fixable by buying new hardware, I would have to buy but now that I know problem is there anyway, I can live with it. I'm actually relieved I don't have to buy new hardware Wink
Sometimes chapter skipping is handy (e.g. my visitor Kodi account doesn't have the possibility to continue where a movie was last time left off) but nothing that I must have.
Ok, I take that back Smile
More importantly, I'm talking about what I said here: To be honest, it's not a big deal for me. Besides when testing a build, why would you skip chapters when watching a 3D movie?
Earlier I was watching the new Ninja Turtles movie in 3D and Atmos. At about the 1h40 mins mark I really needed to go to the restroom so I stopped the movie=big mistake. I was not able to resume from where I had stopped it. The movie had no sound and skipping some chapters back, they either had the sound or the movie would start from the beginning but I was never able to get to a close enough chapter with working sound. I had to finish the movie in 2D on LibreELEC Sad
I really thought the problem was only while skipping chapters and not resuming the movie from a set time.
I see that afedchin is monitoring this thread so I guess he is aware of the issue. Hopefully he could comment on it and tell us if it's a limitation or something he's working on.
I feel you man. The very same thing happened to me yesterday when I watched a 3D movie with TrueHD sound. But I figured out a solution. I had a Finnish audio track (5.1 AC3) also in the movie so I changed that and then ff and changed the audio track back to original Big Grin
Current setup
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Thank you.
Thank you ! I'll try it tonight. This is a fix for autoswitch TV to SBS mode or only to switch Kodi to the right mode ?
Is there a log I can provide? Would really like to use this instead of Jriver as I much prefer the Kodi library system but no matter what I do, this doesn't play smoothly.
(2016-10-10, 12:43)NicCo Wrote:
Thank you.
Thank you ! I'll try it tonight. This is a fix for autoswitch TV to SBS mode or only to switch Kodi to the right mode ?
Both. Or at least my LG TV is switched to the right mode
Current setup
(2016-10-10, 09:11)boboiusa Wrote: @afedchin

Welcome back!!
Ditto! Nice to see you back Smile!

(2016-10-10, 08:16)afedchin Wrote: Kodi -> Settings -> Player -> Videos -> Stereoscopic 3D -> Playback mode of stereoscopic 3D videos should be Preferred mode
Thanks... that second bit is what I was missing. Added to post #1.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Thank you.

Mr.MVC is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NodNodNodNod
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Thank you.

(2016-10-10, 13:01)weirdinin Wrote:
(2016-10-10, 12:43)NicCo Wrote:
(2016-10-10, 08:16)afedchin Wrote: Kodi -> Settings -> Player -> Videos -> Stereoscopic 3D -> Playback mode of stereoscopic 3D videos should be Preferred mode
Both. Or at least my LG TV is switched to the right mode
Thank you, it works very well !
Hi!
I'm using a Intel D34010WYK NUC with the newest KODI software version. Everything works pretty well, but one problem popped up with every KODI software version I tried. After watching a 3D movie the main menu turns automatically in 2D. But if I start afterwards a 2D movie the projector (benQ W1400) stays always in 3D mode. So I have to setup manually the projector into 2D mode.

Can anybody help me to solve this problem? Thanks!
(2016-10-11, 21:20)Mr.Ampere Wrote: Hi!
I'm using a Intel D34010WYK NUC with the newest KODI software version. Everything works pretty well, but one problem popped up with every KODI software version I tried. After watching a 3D movie the main menu turns automatically in 2D. But if I start afterwards a 2D movie the projector (benQ W1400) stays always in 3D mode. So I have to setup manually the projector into 2D mode.

Can anybody help me to solve this problem? Thanks!

Did you apply the settings on the front page?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
  • 110(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10