• 218(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-09-28, 14:48)clarkss12 Wrote: HDMKV, Since you added the Zidoo X9S to your recommended list, it has delayed my shipment.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (making the assumption that others jumped in and purchased one). I ordered on the 22nd of Sept, and still has not shipped.

I do not want it for 3d, but for the HDMI input. Was hoping to receive it soon, so I could watch two US NFL football games at the same time, using the picture-n-picture function.
Read @ Zidoo forum that GeekBuying had not shipped people's orders, and that Zidoo was going to look into it. I also see it "In Stock. Sold by ZidooDirect" at Amazon. Would be nice if Zidoo could work with Amazon to have Amazon fulfill orders, w/Prime.

Re: HDMI-in and recording function, I'm really curious about it as well... which resolutions are supported, and at what bitrates the recordings are made. And, how the quality is. Also, if anything can be recorded from HDCP-protected sources. Hoping to carve out some time this week to test. Tested, results in X9S review here.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Actually, since I am not a Prime member, I receive items faster from Geekbuying than Amazon. If I order from Amazon, (not often anymore) and the product is an Amazon product and not 3rd party, then Amazon will deliberately hold the order for several days before filling it. Amazon also, twice charged my credit card over a hundred dollars for a Prime membership, and this is no accident on their part. I would have to email Amazon to cancel the charge they put on my credit card.

Amazon used to me one of my favorite online merchants, behind NewEgg, but with their unscrupulous activities they have turned me off. They actually should be investigated for their unscrupulous activities, just like Wells Fargo got busted for their unscrupulous activities.

Email from them dated Sept. 22, 2016, latest time they charged me, without me even wanting the Prime membership.

"Dear Ron,

As you requested, we've canceled your Amazon Prime membership.

Since you have not used your Amazon Prime benefits, we are refunding you $104.94 which includes the full membership fee and any applicable fees and taxes. Your refund should be processed within the next 3-5 business days and will appear as a credit on your card's next billing statement. If your latest membership charge is still processing, we'll issue the refund as soon as the charge is completed.

If you'd like to join Amazon Prime again, start a paid membership by visiting the Amazon Prime page. "
(2016-09-28, 16:50)clarkss12 Wrote: Actually, since I am not a Prime member, I receive items faster from Geekbuying than Amazon. If I order from Amazon, (not often anymore) and the product is an Amazon product and not 3rd party, then Amazon will deliberately hold the order for several days before filling it. Amazon also, twice charged my credit card over a hundred dollars for a Prime membership, and this is no accident on their part. I would have to email Amazon to cancel the charge they put on my credit card.

Amazon is charging you for the Prime membership because you probably have it on auto renew. If you don't want to renew your Prime membership, you have to check the "do not renew" option in your account.

I have had Amazon Prime for the last 10 years or so and I have never had a problem with unauthorized charges. As for Amazon deliberately holding non-Prime orders, I have seen some users mention it on Slickdeals forum. Nearly half the homes in the U.S. have at least one member with Amazon Prime. May be, Amazon prioritizes Prime orders.
Found a 3D animated movie that has great pop-outs... 'Robinson Crusoe' (aka 'The Wild Life'). In fact, 3D is really the only reason to watch it. The movie itself is meh.

This is by the same guy behind 'Sammy's Adventures' 1 & 2, and 'Thunder and the House of Magic'. If you've seen those, you know what to expect.
My HT
The US version doesn't have 3D, going to see if I can be ordered on Amazon UK
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
A word of caution... my French Blu-ray of 'Robinson Crusoe' has no English track, so had to get U.S. 2D version and create a new 3D BD ISO. Wish I had known about the UK 3D disc when I ordered.

Updated 3D Blu-ray Release Schedule:

Just Out:
X-Men: Apocalypse 3D

October 11:
Ghostbusters (2016) 3D
The Legend of Tarzan 3D
Ice Age: Collision Course 3D

October 18:
Independence Day: Resurgence 3D
Alice Through the Looking Glass 3D

November TBD:
The BFG 3D (India)

November 1:
Star Trek Beyond 3D

November 15:
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens 3D
Finding Dory 3D

November 22:
Kubo and the Two Strings 3D

December 6:
The Secret Life of Pets 3D

December 13:
Suicide Squad 3D

December 20:
Storks 3D

Late December:
Pete's Dragon 3D (India)
My HT
I'm seeing reports that the new Xiomi Mi Box 4K supports MVC at up to 60fps, but I haven't heard you guys talking about it. Does anyone know how well it plays MVC?
(2016-10-11, 21:04)tate1293 Wrote: I'm seeing reports that the new Xiomi Mi Box 4K supports MVC at up to 60fps, but I haven't heard you guys talking about it. Does anyone know how well it plays MVC?

Comments here
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2016-10-11, 21:08)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-10-11, 21:04)tate1293 Wrote: I'm seeing reports that the new Xiomi Mi Box 4K supports MVC at up to 60fps, but I haven't heard you guys talking about it. Does anyone know how well it plays MVC?

Comments here

So am I correct in understanding from that discussion that the Mi Box will play MVC in its native media player but doesn't have Kodi support yet? Or is it unknown at this point if it does support mkv/iso mvc even in its native media player?
Wish I had tested for MVC via native player, assuming one was installed. My Mi Box is en route to @Koying now, who will hopefully be able to extend SPMC to support MVC for it.
My HT
I'm a little bit confused - this is a special thread for 3D capable players:
why is a
- All 3D MVC MKV's exhibit stutters (and never seem to stabilize)
player rated with a- or b or something since he does exactly what this thread is for not?

it doesn't matter if a player can't play 3D or plays it with stutter since its so not usefuel for the user.
Not all players support both 3D MVC MKV and 3D ISO containers, or well that it (for whatever reasons). All 3D-capable players do 3D ISO's well for the most part.

To sum it up:
  • No stutters with MVC MKV's in RPi2/3 and Intel MVC. Get one of these two if MVC MKV's are important to you.
  • Some stutters w/MVC MKV's in Zidoo X9S. 3D ISO's, which I think a majority of us use, is fine. Zidoo's X9S hasn't been out long, and they're working on issues.
  • HiMedia has never claimed they support MVC MKV's, just 3D ISO's.
Edit: My mis-statement corrected above Smile.
My HT
(2016-10-13, 18:53)hdmkv Wrote: Not all players support both 3D MVC and 3D ISO containers, or well that it (for whatever reasons).
what?! 3D ISO contains video encoded by MVC codec. ISO it's a container, MVC - codec. How it can be possible to support 3D ISO and do not support 3D MVC?
(2016-10-14, 00:29)afedchin Wrote:
(2016-10-13, 18:53)hdmkv Wrote: Not all players support both 3D MVC and 3D ISO containers, or well that it (for whatever reasons).
what?! 3D ISO contains video encoded by MVC codec. ISO it's a container, MVC - codec. How it can be possible to support 3D ISO and do not support 3D MVC?

I think he meant 3D MKV
I think he ment to say mkv 3d which is rip by makemkv software. Good to see you active again @afedchin.
  • 218(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17