• 89(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2016-10-09, 07:21)UraFarquad Wrote:
(2016-10-08, 12:50)Helly1206 Wrote: Hi,

The Xonfluence skin can display recent episodes from the skin widgets service or the kodi internal service. Confluence is only able to use the kodi internal service. The skin widgets service is selected by default, but can be switched off.

Go to settings, Addons, Services. Select 'Skin Widgets'.

Select configure.

You can disable 'recent items'. Recent items in xonfluence should work exactly as in the normal confluence now.

Probably you can play with the options in 'Skin Widgets' to get a better behavior.

Thanks,
Helly.

This solved the issue with Recently Added Episodes Widget. Thanks, Helly.

And this is that other thing we talked about.

As you can see in these first 3 pictures, when using normal sized widgets, they appear in "Poster Layout" for Movies and "Thumb Layout" for TV. YouTube layout is the "Poster Layout" but the images still show like thumbnails (16:9).

After selecting to use Larger Widget on Home......

They are larger (and look better imo), but now you can see the issue. Movies are scaled up in "Poster Layout" and TV is also scaled up in "Thumb Layout" and look like larger versions of the original widget.

But the YouTube Widget does not scale up in the same manner. What displayed as thumbnails in the smaller icons are now cut off (and less appealing)

And my question was could this be fixed by adding an option to choose "Layout Format" after setting the Custom Widgets path?

Example:

First you choose the Widget Path...

And then......
You get a choice of what style layout.....

Having something like this could lend to the overall look by displaying the custom widgets in either the "Poster/5 slot" widget layout or the "Thumb/4 slot" widget layout.

I hope the pics help explain it better (and dont take up too much room).

Hi UraFarQuad,

I understand your wish, I considered this option myself. However it takes quite some administration effort to make this extra option. Maybe I'll spend some time on this option on a rainy day later on, but I won't give it priority at the moment. Then I will implement the choice for all widgets.

Helly.
@helly

Implementing this solution you mentioned above would be really nice I guess, but is it actually what is necessary?

Because many of my widgets point to addon sections (YouTube, GQ, HGTV, etc, streaming type addons), rather than the Kodi Library, I have always found the large widget option to be mostly unusable for me

Looking at UraFarquad's screenshots maybe these confirm that there is a separate problem, that the Large Widgets option has an issue determining how to display the image when using custom widgets pointing to an addon section?

Because I see that UraFarquad's TV Show Large Widget displays correctly - maybe it is pointing to the Kodi Library?
But his YouTube Large Widget doesn't display correctly, and exhibits the same problem that I have.

For me everything works correctly with Small Widgets:

- Movies are shown as Posters in portrait orientation
- Episodes (either real TV Shows, or others such as YouTube, GQ, HGTV, etc, streaming type addons) are shown Episode images (or Posters if the Episode image is missing) in Landscape orientation.

Using Large Widgets:

- Episodes are shown as Episode images (or Posters if the Episode image is missing) BUT the scaling is wrong. ie: the Landscape orientation Episode image is displayed enlarged and in a Portrait orientation, so, it is massively cropped on either side.

- Also in Large Widget mode I don't get any Titles under the images for either Movies or Episodes

Im not sure if it is maybe simpler for you to fix this scaling issue directly, instead of coding an entire option for us to chose?

Im still using Kodi 16.1 in case that is relevant.

Here are my screenshots (custom widget pointing at YouTube My Subscriptions) - you can easily see the wrong scaling:

Small Widgets:

Large Widgets:

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2016-10-09, 10:18)jmh2002 Wrote: @helly

Implementing this solution you mentioned above would be really nice I guess, but is it actually what is necessary?

Because many of my widgets point to addon sections (YouTube, GQ, HGTV, etc, streaming type addons), rather than the Kodi Library, I have always found the large widget option to be mostly unusable for me

Looking at UraFarquad's screenshots maybe these confirm that there is a separate problem, that the Large Widgets option has an issue determining how to display the image when using custom widgets pointing to an addon section?

Because I see that UraFarquad's TV Show Large Widget displays correctly - maybe it is pointing to the Kodi Library?
But his YouTube Large Widget doesn't display correctly, and exhibits the same problem that I have.

For me everything works correctly with Small Widgets:

- Episodes (either real TV Shows, or others such as YouTube, GQ, HGTV, etc, streaming type addons) are shown Episode images (or Posters if the Episode image is missing) in Landscape orientation.

Using Large Widgets:

- Episodes are shown as Episode images (or Posters if the Episode image is missing) BUT the scaling is wrong. ie: the Landscape orientation Episode image is displayed enlarged and in a Portrait orientation, so, it is massively cropped on either side.

- Also in Large Widget mode I don't get any Titles under the images for either Movies or Episodes

Im not sure if it is maybe simpler for you to fix this scaling issue directly, instead of coding an entire option for us to chose?

Im still using Kodi 16.1 in case that is relevant.

Here are my screenshots (custom widget pointing at YouTube My Subscriptions) - you can easily see the wrong scaling:

Small Widgets:

Large Widgets:

Ok, maybe something to investigate. I'll take into account. I'll check what I can do for one of my next updates.

Helly.
THANKS @helly Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Thanks, Helly!!

And you as well, jmh2002!!
dependency on xbmc.addon version 16.9.701 could not be satisfied
I'm using Jarvis 16.3 and I have a strange problem. Randomly, with me just scrolling through movies, all the description text of the movie will disappear. Going back to the main screen shows that the text there also disappeared. Watching a movie in that state is not possible due to glitches on the screen (which I suspect are subtitles not shown correctly)

Restarting xbmc solves this

Here's the log from the exact time this happened again.

Quote:22:12:41 T:18446744072290452576 NOTICE: GL_VENDOR = ARM
22:12:41 T:18446744072290452576 NOTICE: GL_RENDERER = Mali-450 MP
22:12:41 T:18446744072290452576 NOTICE: GL_VERSION = OpenGL ES 2.0
22:12:41 T:18446744072290452576 NOTICE: GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION = OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00
22:12:41 T:18446744072290452576 NOTICE: GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_OES_texture_npot GL_OES_vertex_array_object GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_EXT_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_sub_texture GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_depth24 GL_ARM_rgba8 GL_ARM_mali_shader_binary GL_OES_depth_texture GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_OES_vertex_half_float GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_OES_EGL_sync GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_EXT_multisampled_render_to_texture GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_ARM_mali_program_binary GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_robustness GL_OES_depth_texture_cube_map GL_KHR_debug GL_ARM_shader_framebuffer_fetch GL_ARM_shader_framebuffer_fetch_depth_stencil GL_OES_mapbuffer
22:14:55 T:18446744072322689072 ERROR: static bool XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory(const CURL&, CFileItemList&, const XFILE::CDirectory::CHints&, bool) - Error getting None
22:15:18 T:18446744072322689072 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
22:15:18 T:18446744072322689072 ERROR: virtual bool CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork() - Direct texture file loading failed for special://skin/extras/Genres/Genres.jpg
22:15:20 T:18446744072322689072 ERROR: virtual bool CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork() - Direct texture file loading failed for special://skin/extras/Genres/אימה.jpg
Thanks for a great skin... Easy to understand with lots of potential!
I do hope to be using it on Krypton ..

Sent from my XT1650
Dark Cypher
Hi Helly

...just a note here to say THANK YOU for all the bug-squashing done in v3.3.6 !!

Cheers Wink
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
(2016-10-10, 10:48)beercajob Wrote: dependency on xbmc.addon version 16.9.701 could not be satisfied

I too am getting this error when trying to install.
Any suggestions anyone?
(2016-10-12, 19:55)gjwAudio Wrote: Hi Helly

...just a note here to say THANK YOU for all the bug-squashing done in v3.3.6 !!

Cheers Wink

Thanks,
You're welcome ...Wink
(2016-10-14, 14:51)SirLoinOfBeef Wrote:
(2016-10-10, 10:48)beercajob Wrote: dependency on xbmc.addon version 16.9.701 could not be satisfied

I too am getting this error when trying to install.
Any suggestions anyone?

Quite strange, Xonfluence doesn't have a dependency on xbmc.addon. I haven't ever seen this error.

Which version of XBMC and Xonfluence are you using?

Helly.
(2016-10-10, 21:26)Shasoosh Wrote: I'm using Jarvis 16.3 and I have a strange problem. Randomly, with me just scrolling through movies, all the description text of the movie will disappear. Going back to the main screen shows that the text there also disappeared. Watching a movie in that state is not possible due to glitches on the screen (which I suspect are subtitles not shown correctly)

Restarting xbmc solves this

Here's the log from the exact time this happened again.

Quote:22:12:41 T:18446744072290452576 NOTICE: GL_VENDOR = ARM
22:12:41 T:18446744072290452576 NOTICE: GL_RENDERER = Mali-450 MP
22:12:41 T:18446744072290452576 NOTICE: GL_VERSION = OpenGL ES 2.0
22:12:41 T:18446744072290452576 NOTICE: GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION = OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00
22:12:41 T:18446744072290452576 NOTICE: GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_OES_texture_npot GL_OES_vertex_array_object GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_EXT_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_sub_texture GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_depth24 GL_ARM_rgba8 GL_ARM_mali_shader_binary GL_OES_depth_texture GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_OES_vertex_half_float GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_OES_EGL_sync GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_EXT_multisampled_render_to_texture GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_ARM_mali_program_binary GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_robustness GL_OES_depth_texture_cube_map GL_KHR_debug GL_ARM_shader_framebuffer_fetch GL_ARM_shader_framebuffer_fetch_depth_stencil GL_OES_mapbuffer
22:14:55 T:18446744072322689072 ERROR: static bool XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory(const CURL&, CFileItemList&, const XFILE::CDirectory::CHints&, bool) - Error getting None
22:15:18 T:18446744072322689072 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
22:15:18 T:18446744072322689072 ERROR: virtual bool CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork() - Direct texture file loading failed for special://skin/extras/Genres/Genres.jpg
22:15:20 T:18446744072322689072 ERROR: virtual bool CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork() - Direct texture file loading failed for special://skin/extras/Genres/אימה.jpg

Hi,

I don't know what's happening. Kodi or Xonfluence try to find some textures that don't exist. That should not mess up text related stuff. Are you exploring genres at the moment that happens or just scrolling to titles? Maybe your video database is corrupt (just guessing).

Can you switch on debug logging and try to find the moment in the logfile when this happens again?

Thanks,
Helly.
There's a Jarvis v16.3?
(2016-10-14, 23:07)flhthemi Wrote: There's a Jarvis v16.3?

only 16.1 on kodi!
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13