• 22(current)
Release Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)
Hi All

Is it possible to add PlayerDebug to the Keymap Editor as an action under GLOBAL > OTHER ?

The old "CodecInfo" display has been removed in Krypton ( Sad ) - and there remains a stripped-down version of some of this info. The discussion on this can be found here.

The PlayerDebug overlay is not available by default - the user must map their own specific key or remote-button-press to have it displayed.

"CodecInfo" is replaced by PlayerProcessInfo, is mapped by default to the "O" key, and requires skin support to display the new overlay.

As an example, Confluence now shows the new info screen like this.

I have found no way to hack this new PlayerDebug action into the Keymap Editor, so I hope an update will be made to the addon. (I am completely lost trying to change the relevant XML files in the LibreELEC environment).

Thanks in advance, for help and advice Nod
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
(2015-04-25, 16:47)c128 Wrote: I'm using OpenElec 5.0.8 with Keymap Editor 1.0.9 and a genuine Microsoft MCE remote (with the coloured buttons).

I'd like to map the Context Menu to one of the coloured buttons so that it brings up the Context Menu everywhere, but particularly on entries in the TV "Recordings" window.

However...wherever I set up one of these buttons it doesn't seem to respond as I'd expect i.e.:

Global -> Navigation -> Context Menu (originally "c"): Doesn't work in "Recordings", does work on files in Music.
PVR -> Navigation -> Context Menu (originally unassigned): Does nothing
PVR -> Windows -> Open Context Menu (originally unassigned): Does nothing

I'm probably missing something obvious :-)

How do I map a button to bring up the Context Menu (as "c" on the keyboard does) everywhere, including on a recording in the TV "Recordings" window?

If you have used the keymap additor then a file is generated ~/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/gen.xml (differences are stored here)

Add a section to "<keymap>" like this (you have to change the id I think):

<MyTVRecordings>
<keyboard>
<key id="254">contextmenu</key>
</keyboard>
</MyTVRecordings>
(2015-05-11, 20:55)GhoudiOnPi Wrote: @c128: Is it possible to map the 'Context Menu' for Movies and TV Shows only (not globally)? This two are the most needed places for me, to adjust a wrong entry or just to delete a Movie/TV Show from the library with my Remote Control.

If you have used the keymap additor then a file is generated ~/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/gen.xml (differences are stored here)

Add a section to "<keymap>" like this (you have to change the id I think):

<MyTVRecordings>
<keyboard>
<key id="254">contextmenu</key>
</keyboard>
</MyTVRecordings>
Hi there,

I just installed Kodi 17 Beta1 ... now I'm trying to map the "Player Process Info" using my Nvidia Shield remote ( I have a MCE remote control installed as well ) ... can somebody please tell me **where** in the Keymap Editor addon, this command is listed?

I know it's "O" on a keyboard, and that works fine ... but I don't want to have keyboard connected to my Nvidia Shield.

So where in the list, can I find the PlayerProcessInfo command ( which was named CodecInfo in the Kodi 16.1 ) in Kodi 17 beta1, Keymap Editor plugin ?

I'm unable to find the "PlayProcessInfo" menu item in the Keymap Editor's menu? Can anybody point out where I can find it in the Keymap Editor addon for Kodi 17 ?

Is it possible that the "Keymap Editor" addon has not been updated for Kodi 17, because the only item I see, whch could have to do with this setting is the old,
Fullscreen Video - Others - Show Codec Info ... but that does NOT work anymore in Kodi 17 :-(

**** UPDATE ****
This plugin has not been updated to work with Kodi 17 fully. I was able to enable the function to my "Guide" button on the Harmony one by putting this into my gen.xml under Keymaps folder. There's no mapping for this "PlayerProcessInfo" shortcut in Keymap Editor addon, so this is what I created in gen.xml:
<keymap><fullscreenvideo><keyboard><key id="258125">playerprocessinfo</key></keyboard></fullscreenvideo></keymap>
(2016-09-12, 23:51)lord02 Wrote: **** UPDATE ****
This plugin has not been updated to work with Kodi 17 fully. I was able to enable the function to my "Guide" button on the Harmony one by putting this into my gen.xml under Keymaps folder. There's no mapping for this "PlayerProcessInfo" shortcut in Keymap Editor addon, so this is what I created in gen.xml:
<keymap><fullscreenvideo><keyboard><key id="258125">playerprocessinfo</key></keyboard></fullscreenvideo></keymap>

Thanks so much for the gen.xml code. Worked perfectly!
Video: JVC RS540 w/Anamorphic Lens & 122" 2.35:1 CIH
Audio: Marantz SR7010 / XPA-3 / UPA-7
7. Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2 (L R C), Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE (side & rear)
2. Subs: SVS PC-2000 & eD A3-300 12" Sensory: Aura Pro Bass Shakers
4 HTM-200SE for Atmos / DTS:X
Sources: Nvidia Shield Pro / Xbox One X <||Theater Pics||>
Found a possible bug?

I use Metropolis skin and when using the Keymap Editor when ever you click on any selection like "Global" for example you can see the Programs menu briefly appear for a split second and looks strange. You also see it when you keep clicking the back button on the remote.

Also when clicking on Edit, Global,Navigation, Context Menu, Edit key and then click the back button to get to the save settings menu I see a window message in the background that says "No PVR ADD-ON Enabled" with an OK button,. But because it's in the background I can not click the OK button until I get back to the save settings menu.

Thanks
Hi, I'm new here and i have a question in connection with this addon. I want to change the brightness in Kodi via remote control keys. Is it possible to define the keys on my remote control and how does it work?

Merci
Hi, im new here to. I have an MCE Remote with RC6 Connector. In vanilla only few buttons will react in kodi. So i install this add on and changed some buttons (mapped it) but some other buttons didnt work. For example the record button, and some other. The 5 secs gone and nothing happend. In EventGhost the button works.
Bug?

Just opening keymap editor changes / renames all keymaps except gen.xml (eg keyboard.xml to keyboard.xml.bak.0) immediately. Doesn't matter whether you hit cancel, back out, exit, it's already happened. So just clicking on the addon removes any existing keymaps. Is that intended behaviour?
Hello,

I have Kodi on a Fire TV box and I am trying to set up the remote so that when you are on live tv you can have a button that will jump you back to whatever previous channel you were on. I know the button for this is 0 but how do I map that to a button on the fire tv remote while in full screen live tv using Keymap Editor?

Thank you
Hi.
Is there the possibility to assign "PlayerDebug"?
If yes, what is the path (relevant section) in the addon?
Kodi 18: Nvidia Shield TV (main device) and LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 2 and Odroid C2
TV: Panasonic TX-55EZ950E (OLED)
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR509 (HDMI ARC)
Since it seems that "PlayerDebug" option is not available in the addon, I was able to assign a key to another action (via HDMI CEC) and then from the shell I edited the file gen.xml.
This is the file after changes:

Code:
<keymap>
<fullscreenvideo>
<keyboard>
<key id="249">playerdebug</key>
</keyboard>
</fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>
Kodi 18: Nvidia Shield TV (main device) and LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 2 and Odroid C2
TV: Panasonic TX-55EZ950E (OLED)
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR509 (HDMI ARC)
Hi

Wondered if somebody could help me,

My goal is to map ReloadSkin( ) to stop playback,
This would refresh my widgets in a single action

I'm using keymap 1 here for my FTV box
http://kodi.wiki/view/Alternative_keymap..._TV_remote

I have came across this addon to map two commands to one key
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=134129

But I'm struggling to get it to work, any advice would be apriciated
Is it possible to map a on/off toggle for a script? My goal is to use this with the hue lights script.

To be clear I am looking to enable/disable this script with a button.

Thanks in advance
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
Is there any possibility of adding sync playback to display to this add on?
Thanks
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)7