• 52(current)
Release CU LRC Lyrics
(2016-10-10, 21:38)ronie Wrote: that's indeed gonna be hard to clean up.
especially if a line contains both english and korean
Code:
[00:16.35]DJ는 마당에서 기절해 있고

(2016-10-11, 20:58)scott967 Wrote: Note that it's extremely common in K-Pop to have both English and Korean words in lyrics.

scott s.

I have been thinking about this topic and not sure if this approach could work:

- Take one line of lyrics (A)
- Strip Korean/Chinese characters (B)
- Compare (A) to (B). If they are the same go ahead with that line. If different then discard that line with timestamp and everything, since that line isn't needed and go to the next.

Excuse mi ignorance if I'm saying a nonsense, since I don't know python nor the logic of the addon...Huh

Thanks
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
many lrc lyrics i've seen that have korean text, have them on the same line (instead of using two lines)

Quote:[00:06.69][ti:Holiday]
[ar:Green Day]
[al:American Idiot]

[00:03.38]Green Day - Holiday(神圣的日子)
[00:05.10]
[00:06.10]Max Copo.
[00:17.10]
[00:20.10]Hear the sound of the falling rain(听见那下雨的声音)
[00:23.18]Coming down like an Armageddon plague (Hey!)(从天而降仿佛末日如同决战场的火焰)
[00:26.62]The shame, the ones who die without a name(羞耻阿.那些连名字都没能留下来就死了的人)
[00:31.73]

according to your logics, every line in the song will then be discarded ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Yep, I wasn't aware there were of that kind...

Something I have learned through my tests is that there is so many types of lyrics (and of varying quality) that is impossible to get always a smooth experience... We will have to live with it...Laugh

Thanks!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Hi I'm using the Krypton Beta 2. I rarely use it for music, but today I was playing a song by YES called SURVIVAL. The lyrics that showed were not correct, and were actually kind of rude it showed SURVIVAL by the artist LLOYD BANKS. I'm not sure what to do, would like to contact the developers ideally. Seems like a bug.
the lyrics are retrieved from various lyrics websites. if they return an incorrect result, there's often not much the addon can do to prevent that.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Finally I got something to show...

...more information in:

293864 (thread)

Thanks ronie!
(2016-10-15, 00:31)manfeed Wrote: Thanks ronie!

my pleasure.
thanx for all the 'in progress' videos, they all bring a big smile to my face :-)

now all that's left for me is to backport all those changes to cu lrc for jarvis, i guess...
(2016-10-15, 16:07)ronie Wrote:
(2016-10-15, 00:31)manfeed Wrote: Thanks ronie!

my pleasure.
thanx for all the 'in progress' videos, they all bring a big smile to my face :-)

now all that's left for me is to backport all those changes to cu lrc for jarvis, i guess...

Thanks! The backport would be great! I can't thank you enough for your backing in this project!
could you test the cu lrc jarvis branch?
Tested and working flawlessly!

Thank you very much!
cool, submitted cu lrc v4.2.0 to the jarvis repo.
Hi ronie, I don't give up; still fighting the 'evil' korean/chinese characters...Rofl

I'm testing a new way with variables, substituting direct references to Container(110).ListItem.Property(part... for variables as follows:

Code:
<variable name="esuno">
<value condition="!IntegerGreaterThan(Container(110).ListItem(-1).Property(duration),0)">$INFO[Container(110).ListItem(-1).Property(part1)]</value>
<value>$INFO[Container(110).ListItem.Property(part1)]</value>
</variable>

This doesn't affect the normal songs and works quite well with lyrics that have the english lyrics line before the korean one like this one...

Code:
[ti:Last Friday Night ]
[ar:Katy Perry]
[00:06.69]There's a stranger in my bed,
[00:06.69]내 침데에는 낯선이가 있고
[00:08.55]There's a pounding in my head
[00:08.55]머리는 계속 아파오고
[00:10.40]Glitter all over the room
[00:10.40]방들은 온통 반짝거리고

...but not the other way round (korean before the english). To get it right I would need some way to know whether a line is english or not, or if has had any korean character removed or not; or whatever way to tell apart one to another that could be used in a variable condition. Or maybe you know another way...

Thanks, and sorry for being of the stubborn kind...
(2016-10-17, 17:44)manfeed Wrote: sorry for being of the stubborn kind...

wish you told me in advance, before i decided to get into all of this ;-P

i've made another attempt to handle this in the addon, so you can drop that skin code.
please checkout my github repo again and let me know.
Just brilliant! You did it again, thank you!

Only a little issue, I have tested the Jarvis branch and the korean/english lyrics song work ok, but when it finishes the next song get stuck in the first line even it is lrc. Next songs work well again. Tested several times and with other visualizations screens and the same happens. The strange thing is that I also tested the master branch too in Jarvis, copying directly in addons folder and it works flawlessly...Huh
(2016-10-18, 17:54)manfeed Wrote: Just brilliant! You did it again, thank you!

Only a little issue, I have tested the Jarvis branch and the korean/english lyrics song work ok, but when it finishes the next song get stuck in the first line even it is lrc. Next songs work well again. Tested several times and with other visualizations screens and the same happens. The strange thing is that I also tested the master branch too in Jarvis, copying directly in addons folder and it works flawlessly...Huh

@ronie

Sorry for having pointed to the wrong direction Sad I have made extensive testing and now I know that the problem was not with the song with the characters stripped, but with the next one... by chance that was this one:

Code:
[ti:Pearl]
[ar:Kety Perry]
[al:Teenage Dream]
[00:-4.00]Kety Perry - Pearl
[00:-3.00]
[00:-1.00]

[00:00.81]She is a pyramid
[00:04.98]But with him, she's just a grain of sand
[00:09.73]This love's too strong
[00:11.65]Like mice and men
[00:13.47]Squeezing out the life that should be let in

With the jarvis branch, you can play any song before this one and the result is the same: when starting, it gets stuck in the line "She is a pyramid" (maybe the problem is with the strange preceding lines?).

However, with the master branch, there's not such problem, even though I'm in Jarvis...

I have tested this with several skins and the behaviour is the same...

I hope this helps you to pinpoint the issue with the jarvis branch...

Many, many thanks!

By the way, I think the reason for my being stubborn is that I started messing with computers with this one...

...if I hadn't been that stubborn I would have given up long ago...Rofl
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CU LRC Lyrics1