• 43(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
WETEK Media Player seems to be working better indeed. HD audio passthrough is ok. I hadn't understood KODI and WMP were independent from each other. I thought they were working together.

With WMP, I have some stutters, looks like 24p / 23.976p judder.

Otherwise, PQ is good with this device. Better than NVIDIA shield in my opinion.
(2016-10-05, 22:43)Menrad Wrote: I've been playing around with the Hub for a few days, and I must admit I am very dispointed. I have problems both with android and libreELEC.

With KODI Android (updated to the last version): video stutters a lot (both RJ45 and wifi), often freezes, and KODI sometimes crashes. HD audio passthrough doesn't work.

I then tried LibreELEC, and it's better, but KODI crashes a lot, I often have to unplug the cord to reboot the Hub.

That's the first time I encounter such problems on a KODI gear. I am considering returning the unit. I don't want the hassle of going through tweaking and tweaking again, I chose the Wetek Hub because it was supposedly working out of the box, compared with cheaper noname android boxes.

Do you think it might be defective ?

On Android you should use the WMP (Wetek Media Player), the Wetek optimised fork of Kodi. NOT the Kodi from the main screen. That's a non-optimized, not really functional beta version of Kodi. Not worth the time right now.
Video on WMP is fine, audio too. For high bit rate files you might need to set a bigger buffer due to network load limits. But that's standard practice.
Overall I'm happy now with my box. It needs a bit getting used to, depending on your setup.
Thanks for all these informations guys. I've read a lot about the Hub before buying it, guess I'll have to read all these pages again Wink.
I'm testing further the hub, and I encounter the android bug I expected. This is common to all the KODI versions (SPMC/WMP too) I've tried on all my android devices.

Kodi crashes each time I try to update the library.

My medias are organized this way:
2 NAS (DLINK DNS-323) wich 2 HDD in each.
All 4 HDD's have a folder were I put my movies inside, with a subfolder for each one.
All 4 HDD's have a folder where I put all my TV shows, with subfolders named after the TV show, those folders hold subfolders for each season.

Movie library update crashes, but not TV Show library update. So I guess the problem has something to do with the media scrapper used for movies.

I've tried naming my folders and subfolders many different ways to guess where the problem is coming from.

I've narrowed it to this: if I create a folder with subfolders for movies, then it crashes on update. I've tried to name folders with or without special characters, it crashes anyway.
If I create a folder with files directly put in it (no subfolder), then it works.

With the folder\subfolders structure, as soon as I remove subfolders and put the movies in the parent folder, it stops crashing (I don't need to change scrapping options, Kodi finds the movies).

So the problem definitely occurs when I try to update movie library (movie scrapper), with films stocked in subfolders "m:\movies\nameofthemovie", with or without any special characters (has nothing to do with the crash), via samba shares.

I've also tested two different movie scappers, they crash both on updating.

Library updates work flawlessly with LibreElec on the Hub.
(2016-10-05, 23:59)Netweaver Wrote: On Android you should use the WMP (Wetek Media Player), the Wetek optimised fork of Kodi. NOT the Kodi from the main screen. That's a non-optimized, not really functional beta version of Kodi. Not worth the time right now.
Video on WMP is fine, audio too. For high bit rate files you might need to set a bigger buffer due to network load limits. But that's standard practice.
Overall I'm happy now with my box. It needs a bit getting used to, depending on your setup.
How do you increase the buffer? Can you explain it in layman terms so I can try it out.
Many thanks in advance.

Regards Berggren
(2016-10-14, 18:30)Menrad Wrote: I'm testing further the hub, and I encounter the android bug I expected. This is common to all the KODI versions (SPMC/WMP too) I've tried on all my android devices.

Kodi crashes each time I try to update the library.

My medias are organized this way:
2 NAS (DLINK DNS-323) wich 2 HDD in each.
All 4 HDD's have a folder were I put my movies inside, with a subfolder for each one.
All 4 HDD's have a folder where I put all my TV shows, with subfolders named after the TV show, those folders hold subfolders for each season.

Movie library update crashes, but not TV Show library update. So I guess the problem has something to do with the media scrapper used for movies.

I've tried naming my folders and subfolders many different ways to guess where the problem is coming from.

I've narrowed it to this: if I create a folder with subfolders for movies, then it crashes on update. I've tried to name folders with or without special characters, it crashes anyway.
If I create a folder with files directly put in it (no subfolder), then it works.

With the folder\subfolders structure, as soon as I remove subfolders and put the movies in the parent folder, it stops crashing (I don't need to change scrapping options, Kodi finds the movies).

So the problem definitely occurs when I try to update movie library (movie scrapper), with films stocked in subfolders "m:\movies\nameofthemovie", with or without any special characters (has nothing to do with the crash), via samba shares.

I've also tested two different movie scappers, they crash both on updating.

Library updates work flawlessly with LibreElec on the Hub.

I encountered problems creating thumbnails for both my movie and TV series files. So I had to rename and fix their folders as follows:

For movies: Folder with movie name and year it was released - inside the folder, is the movie file itself.

For a series of movies: Folder with just the movie name, no year this time - inside the folder is a sub-folder with movie name and year released.
Ex. Main Folder: Star Wars
Sub-folder 1: Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace 1999
Sub-folder 3: Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith 2005

For TV series: Folder with just the TV series name, no year - inside the folder is a sub-folder with season number.
Ex. Main Folder: Game of Thrones
Sub-folder 1: Season 1
Sub-folder 2: Season 2

After doing this, I was able to create the thumbnails with no problems at all Wink
(2016-10-05, 17:39)Ned Scott Wrote: I'll have to try with my Mediasonic 4 bay enclosure Smile

However, I do know that the WeTek firmware that is using Android 5 (current stable) only makes mount points for 2 drives. Android 6 fixes the problem, but I don't have an ETA on that for the Hub.

Any luck with accessing the files on the Mediasonic 4 bay enclosure Ned? Smile
(2016-10-17, 19:00)stickfighter Wrote: I encountered problems creating thumbnails for both my movie and TV series files. So I had to rename and fix their folders as follows:

For movies: Folder with movie name and year it was released - inside the folder, is the movie file itself.

For a series of movies: Folder with just the movie name, no year this time - inside the folder is a sub-folder with movie name and year released.

For TV series: Folder with just the TV series name, no year - inside the folder is a sub-folder with season number.

After doing this, I was able to create the thumbnails with no problems at all Wink

OK thanks, I'll give it a try. Did it crash when you tried to update the library?

Envoyé de mon SM-A510F en utilisant Tapatalk
(2016-10-17, 19:23)Menrad Wrote:
(2016-10-17, 19:00)stickfighter Wrote: I encountered problems creating thumbnails for both my movie and TV series files. So I had to rename and fix their folders as follows:

OK thanks, I'll give it a try. Did it crash when you tried to update the library?

Envoyé de mon SM-A510F en utilisant Tapatalk

Nope it did not. When I added new files, it updated it without crashing as well Smile
(2016-10-17, 19:02)stickfighter Wrote:
(2016-10-05, 17:39)Ned Scott Wrote: I'll have to try with my Mediasonic 4 bay enclosure Smile

However, I do know that the WeTek firmware that is using Android 5 (current stable) only makes mount points for 2 drives. Android 6 fixes the problem, but I don't have an ETA on that for the Hub.

Any luck with accessing the files on the Mediasonic 4 bay enclosure Ned? Smile

It doesn't see anything at all, regardless of how many drives are installed. I'm not sure why. I'm not to worried about it because I'm hearing good things from the Android 6 effort, which should take care of the issue with mounting multiple drives. Hopefully that works out.
(2016-10-18, 10:54)Ned Scott Wrote: It doesn't see anything at all, regardless of how many drives are installed. I'm not sure why. I'm not to worried about it because I'm hearing good things from the Android 6 effort, which should take care of the issue with mounting multiple drives. Hopefully that works out.

Hi Ned,

If this is the case, is it possible to test the Mediasonic 4 bay enclosure against the LibreElec version of the Wetek Hub and see if it works? Or it's got something to do with the Hub's firmware?
This > 2 HDD's mount problem is an Android Lollipop OS issue.
I would almost be 100% certain a Linux based OS like LibreELEC will have no issues whatsoever.

(2016-10-19, 08:49)auren Wrote:
(2016-10-18, 10:54)Ned Scott Wrote: It doesn't see anything at all, regardless of how many drives are installed. I'm not sure why. I'm not to worried about it because I'm hearing good things from the Android 6 effort, which should take care of the issue with mounting multiple drives. Hopefully that works out.

Hi Ned,

If this is the case, is it possible to test the Mediasonic 4 bay enclosure against the LibreElec version of the Wetek Hub and see if it works? Or it's got something to do with the Hub's firmware?

I can't get LE to see any drives either, but I think I have some modified firmware loaded on the Probox. It's been a long time since I used it last. I'll have to see if I can get everything back to factory settings on the Probox and try again.
(2016-10-19, 12:12)Ned Scott Wrote: I can't get LE to see any drives either, but I think I have some modified firmware loaded on the Probox. It's been a long time since I used it last. I'll have to see if I can get everything back to factory settings on the Probox and try again.

My Probox is on factory settings. Let me check this as well when I get home later to see if LE can detect the drives. Stay tuned!
(2016-10-19, 08:49)auren Wrote:

Hi Ned,

Guys, I tried to access the Mediasonic 4 bay enclosure using LE and yet again, it did not read/detect or access the drives. I tried a full load of HD's, 2 HD's and 1 HD. Not one was detected. Pls see the version of LE I have installed on my Wetek Hub for reference below:

• 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3