Change font size for window title
As a new skinner I'm having a lot of trouble getting a custom WindowXML, which I created to show the log file for my addon XBMC File Cleaner, to display its title with a larger font. I just want to use the font that is already active for the current user, but a larger version, if possible the _title variant. For the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Only when I use Confluence will the font size increase if I set it to font28_title. Other skins will just not increase in size.

I assume this is because they might be using different fonts and haven't mapped font28_title to a specific font in their Font.xml. However, even when I include my own Font.xml in which I specifically map font_28_title to a default font (../XBMC/media/Fonts/arial.ttf) as specified on the Fonts page it still will not use that font. I even copied the exact contents from the Confluence Font.xml into my own, but it still doesn't work. What am I missing here?
addons can't include their own font.xml file, there's no support in xbmc for that.

for the rest, your assumptions are correct.
sadly, there is no proper solution for this issue.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
That explains it! So I should make a feature request to get this implemented if I really need it? It's not really that urgent, but if nobody requests it then it probably never gets added. Thanks anyway.
This is why all skins should include Confluence's fonts for add-on compatibility.
see point 2.4: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154805

i agree we (the skinners) should come up with a proper solution to make it easier for addon devs to use multiple font sizes.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I've just run into this problem too.

Is it still the case in Jarvis and Krypton that there is no way to use anything other than the current Kodi skin's fonts in a WindowXML?

Is the only workaround to make custom windows for every skin?

I am just trying to make a label small enough to fit in its space. It works in Confluence but not in Aeon because the font names are different.
correct, all of that is still the case in kodi jarvis/krypton.
Will this be addressed? I would love to be able to define the add-on's own font.xml; it would allow custom dialogs/windows to look good for the user, no matter the skin they use.
if i could do it, i would :-)
but sadly my c++ skills are close to non-existent.

i briefly looked into the needed kodi core changes a few months ago
and this is how far i got: https://github.com/ronie/xbmc/commit/20c...9f911b37b6

it's a first step perhaps, but it is lacking scaling functionality.
the code seems to work fine if your script window is coded in the same resolution as the skin it's being run on.
but if your script window is coded in 720p and the skin is 1080p (or vica-versa), font sizes aren't upscaled or downscaled.

if anyone wants to help out that would be really appreciated :-)
What about to tell the Skinners they should include:

• FontAddon_Small
• FontAddon_Default
and
• FontAddon_Title

just tell the Skinners they should include this Fontstyles in there "Font.xml"

this way Addons could make use of this Fonts and the Skinner could decide how they look to match the Skin Look

if a Skinner didnt place these Fonts in the Font.xml, the Font could still Fallback to "default" just as it acts now, if you try to use a Fontstyle which isnt included in ur Font.xml.

--

What would be interesting from a Skinner side is maybe where the Addon Defs would like to make use of such a Feature.

Regards
i've already suggested that approach to skinners a while ago... but we couldn't come to a consensus
(2016-10-18, 19:53)ronie Wrote: i've already suggested that approach to skinners a while ago... but we couldn't come to a consensus

No Consens needed imho. Just as a Krypton change:

Skin have to add "FontAddon_Smal" "FontAddon_default" and "FontAddon_header" to there Font.xml as with Krypton Addons can make use of them to ... (?)

(Hope noone hates me for saying This!)

Guess we dont need a Huge discussion for this, EDIT: (if it is needed and usefull offcourse) /EDIT
+ if someone would decide to not include it, it would still fallback to default -> so no functionality would get lost imho.

---

How ever:

What i would be interested in is, where Addon Defs would like to make use of such a Feature?
from my point of View there are some Skinparts which should stay unchanged / untouched, like Font Size in lists and Font size in Dialogs, to keep a unified look. (the Skinner choose them for a reason (design reason).)

so for the Moment not quiet shure where the Addon defs would like to use such extra Fontstyles.

EDIT:
As long it is only for Custom Addon Windows (and Liststyles and so on (Skin handling of Content) keep untouched by Addons) - i would say give it a go..
i'm afraid i'm just not the person who likes to enforce stuff to skinners.

for me the outcome of the discussion we had was the reason not to add it to the list of required changes.
(2016-10-18, 21:37)ronie Wrote: for me the outcome of the discussion we had was the reason not to add it to the list of required changes.

Did read now the first 3 Pages of this Tread, and to me it looks like Skinner wouldnt oppose something like this as long it makes sense

- What i miss in this tread where Screenshots from Addondefs, so Skinners could get a Idea on what this proposal was actualy, and why this is needed and helpful.
(For me Personal it looks like (beside one or two), No Addondeveloper joined the conversation and Tell what they need and why they need it.

--
Afther Reading the first three Pages i knew as much as before, still not shure if this make sense. For different reasons, specially for one reason. -> What about the Look of the Dialog.

guess would look strange to have a Dialog designed by a Script to fit Confluence or estuary design with the Fontsizes giving From a digfferent Skin.

--
I guess Noone would oppose a better handling as Long as it wont break the Look of a Skin, and make Sense.

-
by the Way: isnt it already possible to Include Special Skinrelated Skin and mediafiles withhin a Script to match different Desings?
-> maybe this is, (at least currently), the best way to go, so there would be the posabylity for Addon defs to thake care that there Addon looks great on there prefered Skins. + the Posability for Skinners to care about the Look of there vavoret Addon by including the Scriptrelated .xmls in there Skins to fit Skindesign (like with globalsearch as example.)
(2016-10-18, 23:34)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: by the Way: isnt it already possible to Include Special Skinrelated Skin and mediafiles withhin a Script to match different Desings?
-> maybe this is, (at least currently), the best way to go, so there would be the posabylity for Addon defs to thake care that there Addon looks great on there prefered Skins. + the Posability for Skinners to care about the Look of there vavoret Addon by including the Scriptrelated .xmls in there Skins to fit Skindesign (like with globalsearch as example.)

yup, an addon can include different xml files for several skins.
and skinners can create a customized xml for an addon and include it in their skin as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change font size for window title0