• 29(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
Hi, is this built in DSPlayer connected to other parts of Kodi? I mean, has it the same controls, remember last position on movie, searching for subtitles? Thanks for reply, amazing how to. Thumbs up!
(2016-09-16, 23:34)JimmySmith2 Wrote: Hi, is this built in DSPlayer connected to other parts of Kodi? I mean, has it the same controls, remember last position on movie, searching for subtitles? Thanks for reply, amazing how to. Thumbs up!

Yes, it functions exactly the same as regular Kodi. In fact, it will simply update over top of any existing installations.
I am trying it now, it looks very good and works like in 35sec config Smile A few following questions: I am using Reclock with MPC-HC+LAV. I have two audio systems, and I am used to switch them through scripts: Reclock audio device via registry, and LAV Audio (Audio delay) via MPC's .ini file. Where I can found LAV Audio delay value for integrated LAV in Kodi? I see only shaders.xml in dsplayer directory@kodi userdata

And also, when filter for subtitles is used, I am guessing that Subtitle adjusting via Kodi interface would not work, right?

And again, GREAT Kodi enhancement, this should be official addon or something, because madVR+Reclock is best we have for HTPC's Smile
(2016-09-13, 19:34)Warner306 Wrote: Does this have anything to do with madVR processing settings? Are you using "Load from madVR active profile?" That way, DSPlayer and MPC-HC should have the same performance and use the same madVR settings.

Found the setting but it's still stuttering.

(2016-09-13, 19:34)Warner306 Wrote: Based on your screenshots, the madVR settings don't appear to be the same. This could be because the decoder queue is not filling in case #2. So the video is not being decoded properly.

The second shot shows the rendering stats are way above the movie frame interval. The first is way below the movie frame interval. This would imply madVR settings are too aggressive in the second case. But this could also be due to the lack of decoding. I'm not sure.

Screenshots are with madVR default settings. Meanwhile I played a little bit with madVR settings (because I don't know which settings are agressive...) but no changes

(2016-09-13, 19:34)Warner306 Wrote: Also, try setting madVR rather than Kodi to do refresh rate switching.

Yes, now I know: refresh-settings by DSPlayer causes some Kodi crashes, just sometimes.

And now I know another thing:
While DSPlayer is playback some working h.264 4K file (Mad Max) the cpu load is about 70 to 80% while with MPC the same file is about 37% load.

And while playback the HEVC file with DSPlayer the cpu load is about 80% too (so the cpu should have some little spare power left), but it's still stuttering (with MPC HEVC video is about 37% too).

I think I'm just very close to play HEVC files, but there is something wrong with any settings.
(2016-09-17, 10:29)Stefanseiner Wrote:
(2016-09-13, 19:34)Warner306 Wrote: Does this have anything to do with madVR processing settings? Are you using "Load from madVR active profile?" That way, DSPlayer and MPC-HC should have the same performance and use the same madVR settings.

(2016-09-13, 19:34)Warner306 Wrote: Based on your screenshots, the madVR settings don't appear to be the same. This could be because the decoder queue is not filling in case #2. So the video is not being decoded properly.

The second shot shows the rendering stats are way above the movie frame interval. The first is way below the movie frame interval. This would imply madVR settings are too aggressive in the second case. But this could also be due to the lack of decoding. I'm not sure.

Screenshots are with madVR default settings. Meanwhile I played a little bit with madVR settings (because I don't know which settings are agressive...) but no changes

(2016-09-13, 19:34)Warner306 Wrote: Also, try setting madVR rather than Kodi to do refresh rate switching.

Yes, now I know: refresh-settings by DSPlayer causes some Kodi crashes, just sometimes.

While DSPlayer is playback some working h.264 4K file (Mad Max) the cpu load is about 70 to 80% while with MPC the same file is about 37% load.

And while playback the HEVC file with DSPlayer the cpu load is about 80% too (so the cpu should have some little spare power left), but it's still stuttering (with MPC HEVC video is about 37% too).

I think I'm just very close to play HEVC files, but there is something wrong with any settings.

You may be stuck with MPC-HC, which can be used with Kodi.
(2016-09-17, 07:04)JimmySmith2 Wrote: I am trying it now, it looks very good and works like in 35sec config Smile A few following questions: I am using Reclock with MPC-HC+LAV. I have two audio systems, and I am used to switch them through scripts: Reclock audio device via registry, and LAV Audio (Audio delay) via MPC's .ini file. Where I can found LAV Audio delay value for integrated LAV in Kodi? I see only shaders.xml in dsplayer directory@kodi userdata

And also, when filter for subtitles is used, I am guessing that Subtitle adjusting via Kodi interface would not work, right?

And again, GREAT Kodi enhancement, this should be official addon or something, because madVR+Reclock is best we have for HTPC's Smile

Doesn't everyone use MPC-HC with LAV, ReClock and Madvr?
Smile 
(2016-09-17, 21:06)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-09-17, 10:29)Stefanseiner Wrote:

You don't happen to have a guide for doing that, do you?
(2016-09-26, 14:41)SirSwede Wrote:
(2016-09-17, 21:06)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-09-17, 10:29)Stefanseiner Wrote: Found the setting but it's still stuttering.

You don't happen to have a guide for doing that, do you?

Try this.
I have installed Kodi, now I need to launch the config wizard, but I don't know what platform to choose, the android, or devices, those are the only two that might match, I'm real new at this, , 69 yrs of age but I take my time and so far all is going well, but need help on this matter, I know you are far advance on this, and I sorry to bother you but could you help, I thank you in advance.
(2016-09-28, 19:45)210pbj47 Wrote: I have installed Kodi, now I need to launch the config wizard, but I don't know what platform to choose, the android, or devices, those are the only two that might match, I'm real new at this, , 69 yrs of age but I take my time and so far all is going well, but need help on this matter, I know you are far advance on this, and I sorry to bother you but could you help, I thank you in advance.

You need a Windows PC.

Configuration is covered in this guide. Visit DSPlayer settings in Kodi. To configure madVR, play a video, minimize Kodi and select madVR from the Taskbar.
Thanks for this! Have been working on setting up my system to use DSPlayer and MadVR. I'm attempting to play back 3D MVC MKVs with Kodi. My desktop resolution is set to 4K. When I play back one of these MKVs through Kodi the projector receives a frame-packed 3D signal and I can see a 3D effect but it looks like the image has been zoomed in to the top left, so I'm missing a good bit of the picture. This does not happen when I play the file thru MPC-HC (also set up using MadVR and the LAV filters). I'd love to get this working in Kodi so I can have more accurate watched data, resume states, etc. (currently I have it set up to use MPC-HC as an external player, which works OK, but if I stop the movie in the middle Kodi thinks I watched the whole thing and I can't resume).

I can confirm (just tested) that Kodi correctly displays the 3D MVC image when the desktop resolution is set to 24Hz 1080p, so there seems to be an issue in getting Kodi to adjust the screen resolution on playback.

Any suggestions on how I can get the playback to work correctly?

Thanks!
(2016-10-18, 08:01)mhendu Wrote: Thanks for this! Have been working on setting up my system to use DSPlayer and MadVR. I'm attempting to play back 3D MVC MKVs with Kodi. My desktop resolution is set to 4K. When I play back one of these MKVs through Kodi the projector receives a frame-packed 3D signal and I can see a 3D effect but it looks like the image has been zoomed in to the top left, so I'm missing a good bit of the picture. This does not happen when I play the file thru MPC-HC (also set up using MadVR and the LAV filters). I'd love to get this working in Kodi so I can have more accurate watched data, resume states, etc. (currently I have it set up to use MPC-HC as an external player, which works OK, but if I stop the movie in the middle Kodi thinks I watched the whole thing and I can't resume).

I can confirm (just tested) that Kodi correctly displays the 3D MVC image when the desktop resolution is set to 24Hz 1080p, so there seems to be an issue in getting Kodi to adjust the screen resolution on playback.

Thanks!

I have no experience with 3D content, sorry.

As for the watched queue in MPC-HC, ensure remember file position is checked in MPC-HC settings.
(2016-10-18, 18:37)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-10-18, 08:01)mhendu Wrote: Thanks for this! Have been working on setting up my system to use DSPlayer and MadVR. I'm attempting to play back 3D MVC MKVs with Kodi. My desktop resolution is set to 4K. When I play back one of these MKVs through Kodi the projector receives a frame-packed 3D signal and I can see a 3D effect but it looks like the image has been zoomed in to the top left, so I'm missing a good bit of the picture. This does not happen when I play the file thru MPC-HC (also set up using MadVR and the LAV filters). I'd love to get this working in Kodi so I can have more accurate watched data, resume states, etc. (currently I have it set up to use MPC-HC as an external player, which works OK, but if I stop the movie in the middle Kodi thinks I watched the whole thing and I can't resume).

Thanks!

As for the watched queue in MPC-HC, ensure remember file position is checked in MPC-HC settings.

Thanks - that's a good suggestion. What I think I'll miss still, though, is integration with Trakt and with home automation (using XBMCState and Vera the lights turn off when I start playback and turn back on when I pause or stop playback). I can get start/stop automation to work but not for pausing movies.

Do you know if there's a way to set Kodi to change its resolution automatically, or to do this via LAV Filters potentially?
(2016-10-18, 19:34)mhendu Wrote:
(2016-10-18, 18:37)Warner306 Wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks - that's a good suggestion. What I think I'll miss still, though, is integration with Trakt and with home automation (using XBMCState and Vera the lights turn off when I start playback and turn back on when I pause or stop playback). I can get start/stop automation to work but not for pausing movies.

Do you know if there's a way to set Kodi to change its resolution automatically, or to do this via LAV Filters potentially?

When you say "change resolution," do you mean refresh rates? If so, that option is found under Video -> Adjust display refresh rate. madVR display modes does the same thing.
(2016-10-18, 21:12)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-10-18, 19:34)mhendu Wrote:
(2016-10-18, 18:37)Warner306 Wrote: I have no experience with 3D content, sorry.

When you say "change resolution," do you mean refresh rates? If so, that option is found under Video -> Adjust display refresh rate. madVR display modes does the same thing.

Not refresh rate (madVR will do that for me) but the resolution - I'd like it to change from 4K down to 1080p when I play a file with a certain string in the filename, and change back once the file is stopped.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7