• 220(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-10-19, 08:43)T800 Wrote:
(2016-10-18, 12:22)robl45 Wrote:
(2016-10-17, 13:44)hdmkv Wrote: Could be great. But, no one here has tried out a Kaby Lake-based box yet.

This... Smile

And, agree, the original is better.

I think what you really mean is its coming out of the screen, I'm betting if you stretched it vertically to eliminate black bars, you would still see the same effect.

How would you get the same effect if you're literally removing the extra image laid on top of the bars?

You stretch vertically? I hate with an absolute passion cropping an image but distorting the whole picture to remove black bars that a TV has around the outside anyway completely blows my mind!

Does anyone know what other 3D 2.35:1 movies have this effect?

I said its not laid on top of the black bars most likely, it probably seems that way, but most likely its just popping out of the screen and looks like that. I'll give it a test when I have a second and confirm.
(2016-10-19, 12:27)robl45 Wrote:
(2016-10-19, 08:43)T800 Wrote:
(2016-10-18, 12:22)robl45 Wrote: I think what you really mean is its coming out of the screen, I'm betting if you stretched it vertically to eliminate black bars, you would still see the same effect.

How would you get the same effect if you're literally removing the extra image laid on top of the bars?

You stretch vertically? I hate with an absolute passion cropping an image but distorting the whole picture to remove black bars that a TV has around the outside anyway completely blows my mind!

Does anyone know what other 3D 2.35:1 movies have this effect?

I said its not laid on top of the black bars most likely, it probably seems that way, but most likely its just popping out of the screen and looks like that. I'll give it a test when I have a second and confirm.

Isn't that just a screenshot, how do you replicate the 3D effect from the glasses?
It does that on the 2D version as well, it was pretty cool.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
Yes, both 3D and 2D...

[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Got to find some time to watch this movie
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-10-19, 16:36)movie78 Wrote: Got to find some time to watch this movie
Or don't.
It was really bad...
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
Thought it was fun (decent score on RT), but not as funny or as memorable as the original.

But, I didn't laugh one bit at Melissa McCarthy & Paul Feig's 'Spy', which scored much higher at 94%. That's comedy for you... one person's laugh-fest is another person's huh?!.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-10-19, 19:49)ArieS Wrote:
(2016-10-19, 16:36)movie78 Wrote: Got to find some time to watch this movie
Or don't.
It was really bad...

Big GrinI think your expectation was too high, sometimes I just movies for the sound (ATMOS/DTS:X) or the 3D effects.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
i thought it was terrible also, but the 3d makes for a decent watch!
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Have you guys ever watched a movie and notice the black bars come and go?
Some scenes have the black bars and some scenes are in full screen.
Usually we are immersed in the movie and don't notice.
You aren't supposed to and this is how the director intended it.
The Dark Knight is one example of this technique in 2D.

I think this is how it is done:
Some scenes are shot in one aspect ratio and others in a different ratio.
Some 3D titles take advantage of the black bars by editing ratios.
Imagine editing the scene hdmkv posted.

The whole movie is shot in 235:1 and you see black bars because of how it fits on a 16x9 screen..... except the scenes that pop.
Those special scenes are edited to 178:1 fullscreen and black bars are purposely colored in to that fullscreen giving the illusion it is still 235:1.
The ghost popping beyond the black bars is actually fitting 178:1 superimposed on top of the colored in fake black bars.

I think this is the difference between 35mm and IMAX?

If you zoom 235:1 to get rid of the black bars, you lose info on the left and right just as cropping does.
If you stretch 235:1 to get rid of the black bars, you lose aspect ratio and round objects look oblong including faces and everything else.

You might also notice that if you are not sitting exactly centered to your screen, aspect ratio changes slightly.
Get up and move to the extreme right or left of your screen for a more dramatic view, 2D or 3D.
Does the picture look stretched vertically?
Google 'Round Circle' in images. Doesn't matter the size. Have a look for yourself.
Same with seating too high or too low cured by tilting.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Here are few movies with changing Aspect ration

Hunger Games: Catching Fire,
Oz the Great and Powerful 3D
Enchanted 2007
Avengers: Civil War 3D
Captain America: Civil War 3D
Tron: Legacy also does the changing aspect
Grand Budapest Hotel does too.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm using pi3 for 3d mvc films and loving it. Started wishing I had a bigger screen so have been thinking about a projector. Can anyone give advice about where to start looking for something that I could link to pi3 and play 3d mvc movies? What's good and what kind of screen size could I look for realistically and keep a quality picture? II have about 14 foot from sofa to wall. Probably around £500 to play with - am I dreaming or is there something out there to look at!!'
Thanks all
You can shoot on the wall if it's close to white or buy fabric to make a screen. Decent projector 800 usd or so.

(2016-10-21, 19:34)drdwridav Wrote: I'm using pi3 for 3d mvc films and loving it. Started wishing I had a bigger screen so have been thinking about a projector. Can anyone give advice about where to start looking for something that I could link to pi3 and play 3d mvc movies? What's good and what kind of screen size could I look for realistically and keep a quality picture? II have about 14 foot from sofa to wall. Probably around £500 to play with - am I dreaming or is there something out there to look at!!'
Thanks all
  • 220(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17