Kodi for xbox one
(2015-02-24, 21:45)skywalker993 Wrote: Pretty silly that in order to run Kodi on my TV I have to buy a $35 raspberry pi. Xbox One will run Windows 10 and support Universal Apps. It seems irresponsible for Kodi not to take advantage of that, to shut down the many people who request it for Xbox One, and leave the market to Plex. That makes no sense from a practical standpoint, and even if it's tough technically, constantly saying "no we won't do it, never ever" to people who like your product and would pay for such a feature.... makes me sad.

What's missing? Do you need more people? Do you need more money for licenses? What other work is so important that you haven't prioritized putting your software on an excellent media machine?

Its pretty silly to think that the kodi devs have any say whether or not kodi is allowed on the Xbox one. Its Microsoft's walled garden, ask them for permission - they're the ones who decide what runs on their locked down machine.
why not jusy buy a fire tv stick an put it in the hdmi in on the xboxone
Yes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU7ukIn1cWE
maybe the Project Centennial from Microsoft that was shown yesterday during the build will help converting kody.exe to an universal app
would be great Big GrinNod
https://msdn.microsoft.com/windows/uwp/p...o-uwp-root

come on guys please try this Big Grin[/u]
(2016-04-08, 13:55)salora Wrote: https://msdn.microsoft.com/windows/uwp/p...o-uwp-root

come on guys please try this Big Grin[/u]

That article says the tool would prepare your app for use as a UWP "desktop" app. This does not include mobile or xbone.

Quote:After conversion, your classic desktop app is packaged, serviced, and deployed in the form of a UWP app package (an .appx or an .appxbundle) targeting Windows 10 Desktop.
Are you gonna release kodi for xbox one now? with the universal windows platform you can do this, i even downloaded in my xbox a torrent client and also vlc is gonna get released soon, so theres no restrictions now.

Take a look, things have changed now and its a lot more easier to port kodi on xbox one.
http://www.windowscentral.com/torrex-bet...ad-testing
(2016-09-12, 16:14)stavrosgreece Wrote: vlc is gonna get released soon, so theres no restrictions now.

Sure of this one?

Just go on see the vlc app page on windows store: there's a warning saying "no DVD/CD/BLURAY, for those use the desktop version"

And if you read the users review, it's not better: a lot of issue, some media type can not be read, ...
Moanbag is in da place!
(2016-09-12, 16:14)stavrosgreece Wrote: Are you gonna release kodi for xbox one now?
Nope, still too much work and too many technical challenges to overcome. Even Microsoft themselves can't get feature parity between their desktop versions of the Office apps and the UWP versions.
(2016-09-12, 17:23)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2016-09-12, 16:14)stavrosgreece Wrote: Are you gonna release kodi for xbox one now?
Nope, still too much work and too many technical challenges to overcome. Even Microsoft themselves can't get feature parity between their desktop versions of the Office apps and the UWP versions.

I suppose if you contact microsoft you can figure out something, we have a working torrent app on xbox one so everything is possible, apart from that microsoft will do whatever possible to pass ps4 sales so an app like kodi will be the perfect choice.
(2016-09-12, 17:23)jjd-uk Wrote:

Well, today Martijn posted this on the main kodi homepage / blog:
Martijn Wrote:Sadly Desktop Bridge doesn’t make it possible to run Kodi on anything else but a Windows 10 desktop computer or Surface. Getting Kodi running as a true UWP app which would allow to install on other devices is still a long way to go and requires quite a few changes before that becomes a possibility. Though the step just made is certainly one in the right direction and we’ll certainly try to get there eventually as making the circle back to the XBOX would complete our journey where it all started….
That would seem to imply it's not off the table at a minimum, and that maybe it's even a real goal of theirs. I for one would love this.
I'd also be happy with some features (e.g. optical drive) removed for the xb1 port. I honestly forget my xb1 has an optical drive. I think I've used it one time to see if it works. Also my main kodi box has no optical drive; everything is just accessed from my NAS.
Would also love to see a Win10 mobile version.... but that's a low low low priority IMO.
No it's not off the table and there is interest in it simply because of our heritage. However the Windows Store submission only happened because Microsoft approached us and helped when problems were encountered, and despite it being only a installer conversion process there was still a bit of effort to get fully working even with Microsoft's help. So while not off table, no one on the Team is currently working on this and it's unlikely to happen in the short term without further significant outside assistance.
Lightbulb 
(2015-02-24, 22:26)jjd-uk Wrote: It's technically very difficult, so difficult that it may in fact be impossible due to the restrictions Microsoft place on Metro/Universal apps, these are restrictions such as how the app accesses the file system that do not exist for desktop apps.

I think this is wrong... I don't know for sure but, I will find out this week when I get back in town. (I'm a microsoft MVP and pretty skilled microsoft developer, I also use KODI Heavily as my primary media app for my tv's and accessing my massive media collection, would love for it to work on xbox as we have 5.)
Anyways, here's the requirements and instructions to Convert your desktop application to a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app

Now, onto the exciting stuff, recently Microsoft released this great tool:

Desktop App to UWP App Converter

Anyways, I don't know if anyone's tried this yet, or if anyone has tried the option of enabling developer mode on your xbox one, then loading kodi in that manner? Just an idea.
(2016-09-21, 02:21)jjd-uk Wrote: No it's not off the table and there is interest in it simply because of our heritage. However the Windows Store submission only happened because Microsoft approached us and helped when problems were encountered, and despite it being only a installer conversion process there was still a bit of effort to get fully working even with Microsoft's help. So while not off table, no one on the Team is currently working on this and it's unlikely to happen in the short term without further significant outside assistance.

I'm happy to be some significant outside assistance. Please get in touch with me.
(2016-10-27, 06:01)silence48 Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 22:26)jjd-uk Wrote: It's technically very difficult, so difficult that it may in fact be impossible due to the restrictions Microsoft place on Metro/Universal apps, these are restrictions such as how the app accesses the file system that do not exist for desktop apps.

I think this is wrong... I don't know for sure but, I will find out this week when I get back in town. (I'm a microsoft MVP and pretty skilled microsoft developer, I also use KODI Heavily as my primary media app for my tv's and accessing my massive media collection, would love for it to work on xbox as we have 5.)
Anyways, here's the requirements and instructions to Convert your desktop application to a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app

Now, onto the exciting stuff, recently Microsoft released this great tool:

Desktop App to UWP App Converter

Anyways, I don't know if anyone's tried this yet, or if anyone has tried the option of enabling developer mode on your xbox one, then loading kodi in that manner? Just an idea.

Hahahaha
Sorry for laughing but you really think we don't know such things already?
You know how much time it took to actually get that working and the changes it actually took to be able to run as a UWP app with the centennial project?

Additionally none of us have an Xbox to start with so trying to get there we'd first need devices.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi for xbox one3