• 100(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
Full log of kodi starting up and requesting to download the binary addon - and continues to fail.
http://pastebin.com/FA6B50ML

Also, where should I manually place the extracted libboblight.so? /data/data/ is not accessible on my ShieldTV.

Thanks.
Hi,

I'm running Kodi on Win 10 which recently installed the Anniversary Update. After that, Boblight wasn't working anymore. Tried to uninstall and reinstall the boblight addon, now everytime I start up Kodi the message "This addon needs a binary library. Should the addon try to download it for you." appears. Selecting Yes does nothing.

Maybe you guys can help me figure out what to do, to make it work again. Thanks so much.

Kind regards
Gsus
A debug log (wiki) like erveryone needs to provide
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-10-28, 08:14)Duduke Wrote: Full log of kodi starting up and requesting to download the binary addon - and continues to fail.

Also, where should I manually place the extracted libboblight.so? /data/data/ is not accessible on my ShieldTV.

Thanks.

Have you kodi installed on a sd card? I am not into android at all but the fact that /data/data is not accessible is definitly a showstopper
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2016-10-28, 12:02)RealGsus Wrote: Hi,

I'm running Kodi on Win 10 which recently installed the Anniversary Update. After that, Boblight wasn't working anymore. Tried to uninstall and reinstall the boblight addon, now everytime I start up Kodi the message "This addon needs a binary library. Should the addon try to download it for you." appears. Selecting Yes does nothing.

Maybe you guys can help me figure out what to do, to make it work again. Thanks so much.

Kind regards
Gsus

Here is the Log: http://pastebin.com/uCA7ThQm

Thanks again

Edit: Ok, after checking the log, I found out, that the DLL wasn't downloaded in the addon path, I did that manually, now the startup message is gone and ambilight is back in the menus. BUT it still isn't working while watching a movie. There is just like 1 one the LEDs turned on according to the background. Could it be a config problem? Would be weired since I didn't touch the config.

Here's the new log: http://pastebin.com/htZRwAjH
Try turning off dxva hardware decoding. If this works - go to the windows forum and post that rendercapture is broken for dxva...
(2016-10-29, 09:49)Memphiz Wrote: Try turning off dxva hardware decoding. If this works - go to the windows forum and post that rendercapture is broken for dxva...
Try v17 before reporting it as we don't fix v16 anymore
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-10-28, 16:31)Memphiz Wrote:
(2016-10-28, 08:14)Duduke Wrote: Full log of kodi starting up and requesting to download the binary addon - and continues to fail.

Thanks.

Have you kodi installed on a sd card? I am not into android at all but the fact that /data/data is not accessible is definitly a showstopper

Kodi is installed in the main storage (I don't have an SD Card).
Previous 32bit version worked out of the box without manually copying the libboblight.so.

/data/data might be accessible to apps with the correct permissions, but I cannot access it as a user.
(2016-10-29, 09:49)Memphiz Wrote: Try turning off dxva hardware decoding. If this works - go to the windows forum and post that rendercapture is broken for dxva...

Could you help me out here on where to find it? Can't find anything neither in settings - video, nor settings - system - video output. Is this a skin issue maybe (Aeon MQ6).

Edit: Ok, found it. Settings Level was too low, turned it off, but still the same issue.
Hey im trying to get my Ambx running and followed the instructions as given on http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=71912 but when i try to run the script on Mint it aborts with the error message it can not find the file but it is there.

Code:
$ boblightd
(InitLog)                       start of log /root/.boblight/boblightd.log
(PrintFlags)                    starting boblightd
(CConfig::LoadConfigFromFile)   opening /etc/boblight.conf
(CConfig::CheckConfig)          checking config lines
(CConfig::CheckConfig)          config lines valid
(CConfig::BuildConfig)          building config
(CConfig::BuildConfig)          built config successfully
(main)                          starting devices
(CClientsHandler::Process)      opening listening socket on 127.0.0.1:19333
(CDevice::Process)              AmbX_Combust: starting with output ""ruby /usr/l"cal/combustd/applications/boblight/boblight.rb"
(CDevice::Process)              AmbX_Combust: setting up
(CDevice::Process)              AmbX_Combust: setup succeeded
: not found /usr/local/combustd/applications/boblight/boblight.rb

Code:
ls -l /usr/local/combustd/applications/boblight/boblight.rb
-rwxr-xr-x 1 ancalagon all 1212 Jun  7  2010 /usr/local/combustd/applications/boblight/boblight.rb

EDIT: Found the Soultuion on https://slickeel.wordpress.com/2011/03/2...kat-10-10/

So See Ya Wink Have Fun Smile
I would work in a xiaomi mi box, with lightpack clone?
Oh, I get it. You're a Kodi superhero. So "I Hate You" comes from being big shit on this forum and the absolute necessity to stop by every little post and sling your ball sweat around so the idiots like me who DANE to drop a thread on your beat can smell what your cooking.
After the last week I shouldn't be taken a'back by anything, and yet...
Tomorrow i''ll enroll in an online college and get another degree, this time in software development with a minor the righteous indignation of anyone I feel knows less than me.
3 little words, and you've given yourself away as Christian...
(2016-11-14, 15:25)Jax9 Wrote: Oh, I get it. You're a Kodi superhero. So "I Hate You" comes from being big shit on this forum and the absolute necessity to stop by every little post and sling your ball sweat around so the idiots like me who DANE to drop a thread on your beat can smell what your cooking.
After the last week I shouldn't be taken a'back by anything, and yet...
Tomorrow i''ll enroll in an online college and get another degree, this time in software development with a minor the righteous indignation of anyone I feel knows less than me.
3 little words, and you've given yourself away as Christian...

wah wah wah, get lost and I hate you too.
Will Zidoo X9S ( Android 6.0 with their Kodi fork) work with http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-RGB-CREE-Leds...Sw7ThUkdW8 ?

And where are instructions and steps to install this? i dont really understand..
@Memphiz - great work! Boblight addon works perfectly for me. My question is about system cpu usage and how to up prioritize Boblight.

When any Kodi activity is running in the background, like Library updates, or downloading fanart, or long running scripts like the Trakt add-on, Boblight slows to a crawl and only refreshes the lights every few seconds. When nothing is running in the background, Boblight runs butter smooth. This means I have to wait until all background tasks are done and also hope nothing else starts up. This is on a pretty high powered i7/GTX960 box, 256GB SSD, running Libreeelc (Openelec). So is there a way to prioritize Boblight cpu usage over any other tasks to prevent it from slowing down? could the behavior be disk usage related?
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3