Problems with TrueHD sound on Bluray ISO
I have a Dolby ATMOS setup at home with an Intel NUC (with Openelec installed) and it's working fine.
I've got a couple of ATMOS demos/trailers in mkv and they work fine. My receiver recognizes the audio track no problem.

I've also got a Bluray ISO with an ATMOS track, but here I get no sound at all. I can play the standard 5.1 track from the same ISO no problem, only the TrueHD track is silent.

Does anyone know why this is?
So I "solved" it by converting the ISO to mkv with makemkv. I can now watch the movie with all it's ATMOS glory.
I guess there's something weird with how Kodi handles the TrueHD track on Bluray ISO.
Fyi. Kodi has no problem passing Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, DTS-HDMA or any other high bitrate audio from an ISO container.
Are you using Wasapi setting to pass your audio through to your AVR?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2016-11-01, 16:12)brazen1 Wrote: Fyi. Kodi has no problem passing Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS:X, DTS-HDMA or any other high bitrate audio from an ISO container.
Are you using Wasapi setting to pass your audio through to your AVR?

These are the only choices I have in regards to output. None of them work (same when choosing "passthrough" device).
But should this even make a difference, as it works on MKV-files where TrueHD audio is used?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with TrueHD sound on Bluray ISO0