• 45(current)
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
(2016-11-01, 17:51)Doragorn Wrote: Hi,

My Wetek was playing a video yesterday using wetek media player. Videos are on a old NAS (Synology 211j).

And for the first time I had some buffering every 10 minutes... how can I troubleshoot that ? Can I enable a "perf graph" to see the network bandwidth or similar ?

The movie was about 8GB usually.
I would start with increasing the Video Cache, using Example 3 from the Wiki:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache

Save to a plain text file on a PC/Mac named advancedsettings.xml. Save that to a USB stick and using WMP/ Kodi's File Manager to copy it into the Profile directory in the right hand window pane.

Hint: Long press the middle buton on the Remote to Popup a Sub-Menu in File Manager, when hovering over the required filename.

@wrxtasy - I've been running Kodi Jarvis on my laptop (HP ProBook 4530s with Radeon HD6490M) using mpc-hc with madvr as external player for 1080p mkv files but even with the low processing (bicubic) I can't get a smooth playback (like micro stuttering) which led me to do some research on to building an intel based htpc with nice gpu like gtx 1060.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-th...madvr.html

I've followed guides here
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=259188
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-th...guide.html

Then I came across this Wetek Hub that rather suits my needs.
Question is which one is the better, what are the pros and cons for both, Wetek Hub or htpc (i5, 16gb ram, gtx 1060 for example) with mpc-hc and madvr?

It's really tempting cost wise, US$109.90 shipped to AU, compared to htpc build.
I also live in Perth, is there any local authorized dealer we can get this from or only straight from their website?

I just need it to run Kodi basically so it can play my movies and musics collection stored in NAS.
Other equipment is an yamaha rx-v373 avr, energy connoisseur 5.1 speakers and epson eh-tw3500 projector
AVR can only passthrough 4K and projector is not 4K or 3D but that can be upgraded later on.

Thanks.
I cannot comment on HTPC's and MadVR, never used it and have no interest when ARM based SoC's can do Kodi media player duties using Hardware decoding well.

Yes the 1GB WeTek Hub can play 1080p video with 5.1 Audio from a NAS just fine. Both when using the WeTek WeOS 1.0.2 and the new un-official ATV OS ROM by Ricardo. LibreELEC also.

Currently there are 720/1080p >> 2160p Resolution auto switching and scaling problems with any AML Android Kodi version when playing 2160p video.
These have been fixed if using AML LibreELEC Kodi Jarvis/Krypton, BUT LibreELEC Kodi Jarvis/Krypton has a persistent memory leak problem that rears its ugly head on the 1GB AMLogic boxes like the Hub. No issues when using Android.

I will warn you the Hub's IR remote control is frankly what I call Rubbish. Its virtually un-usable as an Air Mouse when using WeOS 1.0.2 and needs to be pointed directly at the box. The amount of swearing I've done with that thing is ridiculous. I now use the WeTek Core's RF Wireless remote.

So you have to budget for a RF Wireless Air Mouse remote control as well if using regular Android Lollipop. ATV OS is fine, but you still need to point that useless IR remote directly at the Hub. Also be aware a USB RF receiver dongle will take up the Hub only USB port.

The best Mini remote control I have used lately is the excellent Xiaomi Bluetooth Voice Remote

If you don't need Android at all. Simply use LibreELEC Kodi, on a 2GB AMLogic S905 box.

(2016-11-02, 10:37)wrxtasy Wrote: ...
The best Mini remote control I have used lately is the excellent Xiaomi Bluetooth Voice Remote

Some questions regarding that remote. Did it easily paired with the Hub using the Android TV ROM for the Hub? And will this remote also work within Librelec?
Especially will it bring the Hub into Standby mode and wake it from Standby?
Thanks so much for your support Smile

PS and more important, does someone know where to buy that remote in Germany?
The On / Off IR functions on any AMLogic device are handled by u-boot which comes coded from the device seller/manufacturer.

So in answer to your question None of these after market remote controls will put any AML device into Standby and Wake them up.
Unless you have either a IR learning remote control or a Harmony Remote that can be programmed to emulate others.

I have not used the BT Mi Box remote yet on any other platform. Not even sure it would work with the Hub.
Have a look HERE at a similar Xiaomi remote. Support for compatibility on other Android devices does not look good.

The PS3 Bluetooth remote does pair when using any version of LibreELEC.
PS3 controllers & remotes are a bitch to get running in Android.

(2016-11-02, 12:06)wrxtasy Wrote: The On / Off IR functions on any AMLogic device are handled by u-boot which comes coded from the device manufacturer.

Thanks so much for your reply Smile Seems like there is still not the perfect remote for me and probably will never be Smile
Do you maybe have a Flirc device, would like to know if you can use this together with the Hardkernel remote I have from the C1+ on the hub.
As far as I know, Flirc can wake up devices...
@wrxtasy - thanks for the heads up, I never really like to use a remote especially airmouse and I prefer keyboard and mouse.
I've read a few threads about the memory leak and I think I'll wait til they have solution for it or if they release a newer model to address the issue.
I wonder why they reduced the ram to 1gb

f you don't need Android at all. Simply use LibreELEC Kodi, on a 2GB AMLogic S905 box. <-- What would you recommend?
(2016-11-02, 12:33)Vlaves Wrote:
(2016-11-02, 12:06)wrxtasy Wrote: The On / Off IR functions on any AMLogic device are handled by u-boot which comes coded from the device manufacturer.
Thanks so much for your reply Smile Seems like there is still not the perfect remote for me and probably will never be Smile
Do you maybe have a Flirc device, would like to know if you can use this together with the Hardkernel remote I have from the C1+ on the hub.
As far as I know, Flirc can wake up devices...
I've managed to replace Hub's Android remote.conf file with a custom one compatible with the ODROID C1/C2 remote control and now I don't have to point the C2's IR remote at the Hub to get any response. Much better. Smile

I think I will custom program the old unused BD functionality on my Sony remote control next and see if I can get that up and running as well.

(2016-11-02, 15:58)wrxtasy Wrote: I've managed to replace Hub's Android remote.conf file with a custom one compatible with the ODROID C1/C2 remote control and now I don't have to point the C2's IR remote at the Hub to get any response. Much better. Smile

awsome Smile This is using the ATV ROM, correct? If so could you please post the file and how this should be replaced.
And what about the power button?
It will work for normal regular WeTek Android Lollipop / ATV OS ROM and I can do a small update version for LibreELEC 7.1 on the Hub as well as we have all the IR codes for the C2 remote already.

You have to get your hands a tiny bit dirty for Android, but in reality a very simple DIY guide can be written.

You still need the Hub's IR remote Power Button to turn the Hub ON from Standby and also to Dual Boot Android / LibreELEC.

(2016-11-02, 15:41)s.lee Wrote: Simply use LibreELEC Kodi, on a 2GB AMLogic S905 box. <-- What would you recommend?
Depends on how much DIY you want to do and how many $$$ your want to spend.

The 2GB WeTek Play2 is a S905 device with a decent remote control but you cannot buy one without a DVB Tuner unfortunately.
Then there is the 2GB ODROID C2, and if you can follow simple instructions at the bottom of this Post it works very well also.

The Play2 and ODROID C2 are officially supported LibreELEC devices.

Other LibreELEC options are the 2GB AML S905 devices supported over on the LibreELEC forums AMLogic section and also found in the AMLogic Budget thread on this very Sub-forum. More DIY needed for these.

(2016-11-02, 16:51)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-11-02, 15:41)s.lee Wrote: Simply use LibreELEC Kodi, on a 2GB AMLogic S905 box. <-- What would you recommend?
The 2GB WeTek Play2 is a S905 device with a decent remote control but you cannot buy one without a DVB Tuner unfortunately.

But seriously, is 2GB needed for Libreelec? Hope the 1GB of the Hub are also enough for Libreelec, as the Hub is, especcially since the Hardkernel Remote will be supported, my favourite device atm I'm looking to buy?
And while already on that topic, hope it is enough for the ATV ROM too?
Will do more research, thanks, much appreciate it.

@Vlaves - as @wrxtasy mentioned a lot of users reported memory leak, especially if you have lots of collections with lots of artworks etc, after browsing for a while it'll freeze up as it runs out of memory, this enough to put me off.
(2016-11-02, 10:37)wrxtasy Wrote: .. BUT LibreELEC Kodi Jarvis/Krypton has a persistent memory leak problem that rears its ugly head on the 1GB AMLogic boxes like the Hub. No issues when using Android.
The ATV OS ROM on the 1GB Hub has some minor lagging every now and again compared to the 2GB Play2 as the Android OS has to run Garbage collection routines and low level stuff like Kill minimised Apps when free RAM memory runs low - more often.
It is noticeable. It really depends on how slick you want the device to run and what you are willing put up with.

For those who want to try WeOS based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow

http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p...ndroid-6-0
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3