• 1(current)
Beta Simple Favourites - defeats addons that hide the context menu
plugin.program.simple.favourites
plugin.video.favourites
plugin.audio.favourites

Simple Favourites

NEW: Video Favourites
NEW: Audio Favourites
* The last two addons are specific to the Video and Music sections of Kodi.
* They provide direct links to addon paths and should behave better than Simple Favourites.

* Favourites in a normal Folder View
* JSON-RPC to get around the pesky addons that hide context menus
* Multi-level Folders
* integrated with TV Guide Fullscreen
* Simpler than Super Favourites
* more powerful than Kodi Favourites
* can import Kodi Favourites
* choose custom thumbnails and fanart NEW

Recommended Use
* use it as a Thumbnail view for normal Kodi Favourites
* use Add to import addon links that hide the Add to Favourites context menu

Notes
* use Add from the context menu (in yellow)

Install
* repo: https://github.com/primaeval/repository....-0.0.1.zip

Source
* addon: https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.prog...favourites
* repo: https://github.com/primaeval/repository.primaeval

Acknowledgements:
* inspiration from the mighty spoyser (good luck to you and thanks for all the code)
* metate for the rpc mechanism

Ooh, just what I've been waiting for, will give it a try!

Update: Very nice, not quite what I was looking for though. Would be cool if there was a way to add items while browsing the Kodi library, rather than having to browse within the plugin.
(2016-10-10, 21:58)braz Wrote: Ooh, just what I've been waiting for, will give it a try!

Update: Very nice, not quite what I was looking for though. Would be cool if there was a way to add items while browsing the Kodi library, rather than having to browse within the plugin.

You can use the normal Kodi Favourites within the addon now, either all of them or just the ones you want.

The power of this addon is that you can show Kodi Favourites in a normal window: List or Thumbnail,
and you can include links from addons that hide the Add to Favourites context menu.

If you are happy with the normal Kodi Favourites menu or need the power of Super Favourites just carry on with them.
Excellent, I`ve waiting for something like this.

Would it be possile to have 2 or 3 favourite plugins

eg, simple.favourites1 , simple.favourites2 ...

Cheers
(2016-11-03, 23:35)Johnoo Wrote: Excellent, I`ve waiting for something like this.

Cheers

Just copy the plugin then rename all simplefavorites file names and files to simplefavorites2. Now you have 2 plugins.
(2016-11-04, 01:11)ed_davidson Wrote:
(2016-11-03, 23:35)Johnoo Wrote: Excellent, I`ve waiting for something like this.

Cheers

Just copy the plugin then rename all simplefavorites file names and files to simplefavorites2. Now you have 2 plugins.

You also need to search and replace every plugin.program.simple.favourites with plugin.program.simple.favourites2 in the .py, .xml and .po files.
In this case it is only in addon.xml but in my other addons it can be in many files.

If you want a complex folder structure, are you sure Super Favourites can't do everything you need?
Thanks for this addon. Ay plans to ad things from Filemanager in this addon?
(2016-11-04, 09:40)misa Wrote: Thanks for this addon. Ay plans to ad things from Filemanager in this addon?

Is it somewhere you can't get to by adding it to the normal Favourites then adding it to Simple Favourites?
(2016-11-04, 10:05)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-11-04, 09:40)misa Wrote: Thanks for this addon. Ay plans to ad things from Filemanager in this addon?

Is it somewhere you can't get to by adding it to the normal Favourites then adding it to Simple Favourites?

No. I got some url's in filemanager and can't add them to favorites, really like to do that
(2016-11-04, 10:12)misa Wrote:
(2016-11-04, 10:05)primaeval Wrote:

No. I got some url's in filemanager and can't add them to favorites, really like to do that

I tried to do that when I made the addon but couldn't find the right json-rpc path for the "files" command. I'll have another look for you.
(2016-11-04, 07:47)primaeval Wrote: You also need to search and replace every plugin.program.simple.favourites with plugin.program.simple.favourites2 in the .py, .xml and .po files.
In this case it is only in addon.xml but in my other addons it can be in many files.

If you want a complex folder structure, are you sure Super Favourites can't do everything you need?

Super Favourites can do everything, but is a bit heavy / slow on android.

I unsuccessfully tried replacing .py etc... ,will give it a try again see if something was missed.

Thanks for the info.
If you're searching / replacing manually give notepad++ a go - there's a text search / replace function so it should be as simple as:
-copy the plugin.program.simple.favourites folder
-rename the new (copy) folder to plugin.program.simple.favourites2
-open the addon.xml in the renamed folder, change the addon name to simplefavourites 2 (or whatever) and save.
-Open notepad++ and use search > find in files
find: plugin.program.simple.favourites
replace with: plugin.program.simple.favourites2
Browse to and select your plugin.program.simple.favourites2 folder, hit 'find in files' and you should get a list of instances to replace - hit 'Replace in files' and it's done.
- Zip up new shiny addon, install.
(2016-11-04, 11:09)trogggy Wrote: If you're searching / replacing manually give notepad++ a go - there's a text search / replace function so it should be as simple as:
-copy the plugin.program.simple.favourites folder
-rename the new (copy) folder to plugin.program.simple.favourites2
-open the addon.xml in the renamed folder, change the addon name to simplefavourites 2 (or whatever) and save.
-Open notepad++ and use search > find in files
find: plugin.program.simple.favourites
replace with: plugin.program.simple.favourites2
Browse to and select your plugin.program.simple.favourites2 folder, hit 'find in files' and you should get a list of instances to replace - hit 'Replace in files' and it's done.
- Zip up new shiny addon, install.

Exactly right. In this case there is only one string to replace in addon.xml.

@Johnoo What exactly do you need? Just one level of extra folders? If it is easy I might add it.
(2016-11-04, 12:37)primaeval Wrote: Exactly right. In this case there is only one string to replace in addon.xml.

@Johnoo What exactly do you need? Just one level of extra folders? If it is easy I might add it.

One extra folder would be great, (more folders maybe 3 or 4 max if possible) ,
This is a welcome alternative to, Kodi Favorites and Super Favorites

Cheers.
(2016-11-04, 15:24)Johnoo Wrote: One extra folder would be great, (more folders maybe 3 or 4 max if possible) ,
This is a welcome alternative to, Kodi Favorites and Super Favorites

Cheers.

I started trying to add folders but it is becoming too complicated too quickly. This addon has to stay Simple. Wink

I'll have a think about creating a new one that can deal with folders. It will have to be done differently internally.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple Favourites - defeats addons that hide the context menu2