• 54(current)
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-11-01, 18:27)najaray Wrote: hi

is any plug and play dvb s2 working, if its working witch one is working any dvb s2 compatible listHuh?

thanks

Huh??
This thread will have some DVB-S info.
Looks like DVB-S2 Sundtek SkyTV USB will work:

http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=...11#p153611

You will find with the @aNORes media_build edition of LibreELEC 7.1 a whole bunch of modern DVB's will likely work as he uses the linuxtv.org media_build tree that 'automagically' backports DVB drivers from more modern Linux Kernels.

(2016-11-02, 13:34)wrxtasy Wrote: This thread will have some DVB-S info.
Looks like DVB-S2 Sundtek SkyTV USB will work:

http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=...11#p153611

You will find with the @aNORes media_build edition of LibreELEC 7.1 a whole bunch of modern DVB's will likely work as he uses the linuxtv.org media_build tree that 'automagically' backports DVB drivers from more modern Linux Kernels.

thanks
Hi,

I just got a new odroid with an emmc and a powercord and I have been experimenting with the libreelec builds. I first installed "LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.Aug.img.zip" and tested and everything seemed pretty good. My MCE IR remote worked out of the box which was unexpected but welcomed. However, the MCE IR remote does seem to work a little slowly (or maybe lag is a better way to describe it) compared to a using a small wireless USB keyboard that I also tested. The IR remote also seems to miss button presses, for example, if i have a list of movies and i press down 10 times quickly on the usb keyboard, it goes down 10 times as expected. But if I press down 10 times quickly on the MCE IR remote, it goes down 7 or 8 times. I'm a little disappointed in that as I didn't have that issue on my old hacked chinese android boxes that I flashed with hacked openelec builds and it makes the kodi experience feel slower than it really is.

Then I updated to "LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.Oct.On.Off.tar" and tested and had issues, it seemed to not want to redraw screens after a short while and I had to reboot a couple of times. I looked at the boot.ini after this update and I see that this one is set to run at 1.656GHz, maybe that's the reason for the instability. I also noticed that when I play a live stream from the sportsnet kodi plugin (in the official kodi repository), that the "working" spinning circle continues for about 10 seconds after the video has already started playing.

So then I went back to "LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.Aug.img.zip" and updated to "LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.DDR.Clock.tar". This one did not have any stability issues like i did with the oct.on.off.tar, but does still have the same bug when playing streams from the sportsnet plugin that the working animation continues for 10 seconds after the video has already started. The IR is still slow and misses some fast button presses.

I haven't tried "LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.HotPlug.tar" update, but I might start over one more time and test this update also.

In case anyone is curious, here is a debug log of playing a sportsnet stream where the working animation continues after the video has already started:
http://pastebin.com/xPc7trzQ

So, after experimenting with my new odroid for a day, my 2 questions are:
1) which update is the most recommended one?
2) has anyone else noticed the IR input being slower than typical and missing button presses when there are multiple button presses in a row? Does the official hardkernel remote have this same lag?

Thanks in advance for any info.
(2016-11-04, 15:50)teefer22 Wrote: [...] 2) has anyone else noticed the IR input being slower than typical and missing button presses when there are multiple button presses in a row? Does the official hardkernel remote have this same lag?

Yes, I did notice that lag with my MCE remote (an old TSGP-IR01 that I've used for years on different HTPCs), as well as missed button presses which I suppose are directly related to the overall input lag. Like you, my wireless USB keyboard is much, much more responsive.

I've had that issue with *every* LE build I've used on my C2, from wrxtasy's builds to the latest official 7.90.008 alpha build, so much that I guess I've learned to live with it and just be gentle on the remote when I have to navigate menus... Maybe it's related to the IR sensor on the C2? I wouldn't call that a major bug or something you couldn't live with, but it's definitely not normal either.
ODROID C2 eMMC 16GB | LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0.2 + fTV | Logitech Harmony Elite remote | LG 55EG910V
Thanks for the response Oral-B. I just had an idea that that i'm going to try out an android build and see if the problem exists there too. If it does, then it's probably a hardware issue, rather than a software or code issue. I wonder if the official hardkernel remote has that same lag.

If you don't mind me asking, what libreelec build do you use for day to day use?
I have been using the LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.Oct.On.Off.tar since a week in combination with a Harmony remote and an official Microsoft MCE remote. I have no lag issues at all. The Harmony has a ¨scene¨ called KODI that uses 4 devices:

TV: Philips
Media Center PC: Microsoft Media Center PC
Media Center PC: HardKernel Odroid-C1
Amplifier: Bose

All button settings left at default.

Works like a charm Smile

If you have a Harmony try above settings. If not try another MCE remote. It is definitely not build related because I tried different builds and had no problems with either of them.

HTH

Greetz,

_J@N_
MiBox running KODI app (latest)
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
Philips 50PFK5300 | Sony HT-XT100 Soundplate
Scanning my media with MediaElch
(2016-11-04, 18:17)teefer22 Wrote: [...] If you don't mind me asking, what libreelec build do you use for day to day use?
I've been using LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.90.008 for a few days and it's been solid so far (looks like there are some issues with PVR and 24Hz files but I don't use those).

(2016-11-04, 18:31)_J@n_ Wrote: [...] If you have a Harmony try above settings. If not try another MCE remote. It is definitely not build related because I tried different builds and had no problems with either of them.
I do have a Harmony Touch but I haven't tried it with LE so far since I'm used to the MCE layout. Also, my previous HTPC, a Zotac ION, was much more responsive with the MCE remote than with the Harmony... Time to re-configure the Harmony and give it a go, I guess.
ODROID C2 eMMC 16GB | LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0.2 + fTV | Logitech Harmony Elite remote | LG 55EG910V
Had the same problem with my cheap china remote.
Didn't feel responsive at all and dropped some input actions.
I gave up and use a bluetooth remote now.
Thanks for the input everyone. Oral-B, if you do experiment with the harmony, i'd love to hear what you find. I do like my the chinese IR remote that i've been using for years, but I'm not sure i can put up with the dropped input actions. I would buy a harmony but only if it the input works better than the MCE remote.
@teefer22, I hear you. I'll experiment with the Harmony Touch and report here, but lag problems aside, I'd take my $25 chinese MCE remote any day over the Harmony Touch since it has all the physical buttons I need (and more) and I'm so used to the layout... matter of habit, I guess. That being said, the Harmony Touch is, well, touchscreen-oriented, so other Harmony remotes with more physical buttons could probably do great with Kodi provided there's no lag.
Can you answer please: is the Odroid C2 can play VC-1 in MKV nice and smooth ?
There is link for test (if you need) The Chronicles of Riddick MKV
https://mega.nz/#!aJBCWDrJ!ZIi_2jR10z72V...Vw2gk9VJg4
Thank you.
video was jerky for me.
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
@VictorDUA,

LibreELEC 7.1 / Kodi Jarvis 16.1:

The first 30 or so seconds I had a few stutters, then it settled down into smooth video playback for me with the very occasional micro stutter.

This is with Kodi refresh switching enabled to switch the TV to 1080p24hz and using the 24p Cinema mode of my TV, with minimal Motion smoothing active.

Very watchable, unless you are a perfectionist. Wink

(2016-11-05, 10:59)VictorDUA Wrote: Can you answer please: is the Odroid C2 can play VC-1 in MKV nice and smooth ?
There is link for test (if you need) The Chronicles of Riddick MKV
https://mega.nz/#!aJBCWDrJ!ZIi_2jR10z72V...Vw2gk9VJg4
Thank you.
Jerky and pretty much unwatchable for me, with constant skipped frames... Turning "Adjust display refresh rate" on or off or enabling refresh switching did nothing. No 24p mode on my TV, could that be why?
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610