• 15(current)
Beta Youtube Library
Hi there! First off I want to thank you for creating such a wonderful and useful addon. It really brings my Kodi install to life and feel like a living, breathing part of my media system.

I did start encountering an error after updating to the most recent version - not sure if this is related to me 'moving' my directories where it saves things to or what, but after a channel's initial update, it's refusing to update the playlist. In the log I get this:
Quote:07:50:06 T:140367675197760 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtubelibrary/?id=UUII0hP2Ycmhh5j8lS4cexBQ&mode=refreshPlaylist&type
07:50:06 T:140367675197760 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtubelibrary/?id=UUII0hP2Ycmhh5j8lS4cexBQ&mode=refreshPlaylist&type) failed
07:50:20 T:140367675197760 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting addons://sources/
07:50:20 T:140367675197760 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(addons://sources/) failed

Not sure what might be causing this. Any input, have I done something incredibly stupid?

Again, thank you for all your work on this, from one programmer to another!
Hello
If I configure addon for music videos, when I try to update, it returns an error and doesn't update anything, however with TV shows is ok.
Log shows this:

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/addon.py", line 147, in <module>
routes.update_playlist(type=type)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/routes.py", line 62, in update_playlist
service.update_playlist(id, type=type)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/service.py", line 221, in update_playlist
if update_playlist_vids(id, folder, settings, type=type) == False:
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/service.py", line 376, in update_playlist_vids
musicvideo_info = generators.get_songinfo(vid, settings, duration = duration[vid['contentDetails']['videoId']])
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/generators.py", line 407, in get_songinfo
if song.lower().strip(' \t\n\r') == setting_artist_hardcoded.lower().strip(' \t\n\r'):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'
-->End of Python script error report<--
(2016-11-05, 16:53)mg10 Wrote: Hello
If I configure addon for music videos, when I try to update, it returns an error and doesn't update anything, however with TV shows is ok.
Log shows this:

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/addon.py", line 147, in <module>
routes.update_playlist(type=type)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/routes.py", line 62, in update_playlist
service.update_playlist(id, type=type)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/service.py", line 221, in update_playlist
if update_playlist_vids(id, folder, settings, type=type) == False:
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/service.py", line 376, in update_playlist_vids
musicvideo_info = generators.get_songinfo(vid, settings, duration = duration[vid['contentDetails']['videoId']])
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/resources/lib/generators.py", line 407, in get_songinfo
if song.lower().strip(' \t\n\r') == setting_artist_hardcoded.lower().strip(' \t\n\r'):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'
-->End of Python script error report<--

Has anybody tested this addon with music videos? Isn't possible to update any playlist or channel...
(2016-11-05, 15:10)Ridayah Wrote: Hi there! First off I want to thank you for creating such a wonderful and useful addon. It really brings my Kodi install to life and feel like a living, breathing part of my media system.

I did start encountering an error after updating to the most recent version - not sure if this is related to me 'moving' my directories where it saves things to or what, but after a channel's initial update, it's refusing to update the playlist. In the log I get this:

Not sure what might be causing this. Any input, have I done something incredibly stupid?

Thanks. Please check if you have the directory's configured correctly in the addon settings under "Library Settings".

You say it updates correctly the first time tho :S? Please send me more information. Like your settings.xml and a complete log.

(2016-11-06, 14:45)mg10 Wrote:
(2016-11-05, 16:53)mg10 Wrote: Hello
Log shows this:
Has anybody tested this addon with music videos? Isn't possible to update any playlist or channel...
Ofcourse the addon is tested with music videos. It is the one of the three i am the least satisfied with tho.

Have you set the settings "artist hardcoded". It seems like you didn't from the error logs. Also please check out the Red Hot Chilli peppers pre-configured playlist @ youtubelibrary.nl. Doesn't that work to with the exact same settings?

Please send me a copy of your settings_musicvideos.xml
Author of Youtube Library | youtubelibrary.nl
YTLibrary lets you add yt channels / playlists to the Kodi Library as if it were tv shows, musicvideos or movies

Want to help?
-translations
-your config
-webhost costs (0%)
contact me
(2016-11-06, 19:57)Sleuteltje Wrote: Ofcourse the addon is tested with music videos. It is the one of the three i am the least satisfied with tho.

Have you set the settings "artist hardcoded". It seems like you didn't from the error logs. Also please check out the Red Hot Chilli peppers pre-configured playlist @ youtubelibrary.nl. Doesn't that work to with the exact same settings?

Thanks Sleuteltje for your reply
Yes, RHCP list works ok. However, if I want to add a playlist with several artists (e.g. a list from Vevo), what do I have to change in settings?
(2016-11-07, 01:38)mg10 Wrote:
(2016-11-06, 19:57)Sleuteltje Wrote: Ofcourse the addon is tested with music videos. It is the one of the three i am the least satisfied with tho.

Thanks Sleuteltje for your reply
Yes, RHCP list works ok. However, if I want to add a playlist with several artists (e.g. a list from Vevo), what do I have to change in settings?

Hi, RHCP doesn't work fine: videoclips doesn't play audio.
(2016-11-07, 18:09)mg10 Wrote:
(2016-11-07, 01:38)mg10 Wrote: Thanks Sleuteltje for your reply

Hi, RHCP doesn't work fine: videoclips doesn't play audio.
Well, as long as Youtube Library doesn't connect to a music database, multiple artists will be hard to retrieve. If the videos all follow the same naming format, it might work tho. If a hint is given in the description (like: Song performed by Artist) YTlibrary will do its best to retrieve the info. Its best to add videos of the same artist for now tho.
I'm still looking for a good online music database api YTlibrary can talk to, so i can upgrade the music video functionality. I'm happy to hear suggestions?

You are right, it seems some videos don't play audio. It seems to only affect 480p and/or old videos. It used to work before, how strange. I will have to look into this.

Can anyone confirm they can play a 480p video with audio? Please tell me which more videos have no audio.
YTLibrary lets you add yt channels / playlists to the Kodi Library as if it were tv shows, musicvideos or movies

Want to help?
-translations
-your config
-webhost costs (0%)
contact me
(2016-11-07, 21:15)Sleuteltje Wrote: Well, as long as Youtube Library doesn't connect to a music database, multiple artists will be hard to retrieve. If the videos all follow the same naming format, it might work tho. If a hint is given in the description (like: Song performed by Artist) YTlibrary will do its best to retrieve the info. Its best to add videos of the same artist for now tho.
I'm still looking for a good online music database api YTlibrary can talk to, so i can upgrade the music video functionality. I'm happy to hear suggestions?

You are right, it seems some videos don't play audio. It seems to only affect 480p and/or old videos. It used to work before, how strange. I will have to look into this.

Can anyone confirm they can play a 480p video with audio? Please tell me which more videos have no audio.

Just some things I could see while testing:
With just the list from Vevo with several artists,it wasn't possible to update, but if added a working list (e.g. RHCP) then, when select "update now" in RCHP list, both lists updated correctly. I don't know why...
Maybe this can help you to resolve this issue
(2016-11-06, 19:57)Sleuteltje Wrote:
(2016-11-05, 15:10)Ridayah Wrote: Hi there! First off I want to thank you for creating such a wonderful and useful addon. It really brings my Kodi install to life and feel like a living, breathing part of my media system.

Thanks. Please check if you have the directory's configured correctly in the addon settings under "Library Settings".

You say it updates correctly the first time tho :S? Please send me more information. Like your settings.xml and a complete log.

Ahha, I figured out the first error - namely that my permissions were incorrect on that one, so I fixed it. So at least that one's fixed, I did find another bug with downloading images, but I went ahead and added it to the github repo's issues! I hope that's okay!

Again, one of the best addons for kodi. Thank you for all your hard work!
I was trying to find out if there is an option to download the whole channel within youtube library.
Did not find a clear answer for now.

Can anybody please carify?
The goal ist to use the superb numbering and Season functionality by YL but download the video (like with youtube_dl) to the lokal harddisk with the according naming convention for the video file

Thanks in Advance
One question I have is regarding an issue I have not yet encountered but that I expect I soon will. Often videos in my youtube playlists will suddenly no longer be available for viewing on YouTube for any number of reasons (the youtube user deletes their account or a specific video, etc.). In that event, will your YouTube addon, when it is scanning for new content in the YouTube playlist in which the video is no longer available, delete the .strm file for the YouTube video that is no longer available? Or will it leave the .strm file and not alter its info in any way?

I would kind of prefer that it not alter the .strm file for a deleted YouTube video because then I can at least have a record of what I once had and try to replace it...

Thanks again for a great addon!
(2016-11-08, 00:17)mg10 Wrote: Just some things I could see while testing:
With just the list from Vevo with several artists,it wasn't possible to update, but if added a working list (e.g. RHCP) then, when select "update now" in RCHP list, both lists updated correctly. I don't know why...
Maybe this can help you to resolve this issue
Please give me your settings_musicvideos.xml file, so I can replicate this behaviour.

(2016-11-15, 16:24)Ridayah Wrote: Ahha, I figured out the first error - namely that my permissions were incorrect on that one, so I fixed it. So at least that one's fixed, I did find another bug with downloading images, but I went ahead and added it to the github repo's issues! I hope that's okay!

Again, one of the best addons for kodi. Thank you for all your hard work!
Yeah, thats no problem. Thats where the issue tracker in the repo is for Wink. Is your donor account working btw Ridayah?

(2016-11-18, 14:00)lotust7 Wrote: I was trying to find out if there is an option to download the whole channel within youtube library.
Did not find a clear answer for now.

Can anybody please carify?
The goal ist to use the superb numbering and Season functionality by YL but download the video (like with youtube_dl) to the lokal harddisk with the according naming convention for the video file

Thanks in Advance
At this moment Youtube Library does not support the downloading of videos. Some download abilities are planned for future releases tho.

(2016-11-19, 21:49)verona77 Wrote: One question I have is regarding an issue I have not yet encountered but that I expect I soon will. Often videos in my youtube playlists will suddenly no longer be available for viewing on YouTube for any number of reasons (the youtube user deletes their account or a specific video, etc.). In that event, will your YouTube addon, when it is scanning for new content in the YouTube playlist in which the video is no longer available, delete the .strm file for the YouTube video that is no longer available? Or will it leave the .strm file and not alter its info in any way?

I would kind of prefer that it not alter the .strm file for a deleted YouTube video because then I can at least have a record of what I once had and try to replace it...

Thanks again for a great addon!
Yeah, if there is one thing I hate about Youtube, is the 'This video is no longer available..'. Especially that there is usually no more info about it in your playlist then 'Deleted video', so you don't even know what you're missing. I've been thinking for a while if I can program something to never suffer from such horrors again.
Youtube Library will skip those videos if it comes across restricted/deleted videos while scanning. When the videos are scanned into the library however, they will remain untouched. When trying to play these video's, they will give an error, but will not be deleted from the library (a functionality for this might be added further down the line). You can ofcourse always manually delete them from your library if you have this enabled in the Kodi settings.

Want to help?
-translations
-your config
-webhost costs (0%)
contact me
Hello Sleuteltje,

Thanks for this wonderful add-on, i followed your demo video and have no problems adding channels, problem i have is adding playlists, they only add to TV shows as playlists, but i cannot play after they are added to TV shows. Error i am getting is player skipping unplayable item. I am using windows 7 and Kodi Jarvis.What am i missing, why the playlists wont play just as the channels do?
(2016-11-23, 23:16)bobbie digital Wrote: Hello Sleuteltje,

Thanks for this wonderful add-on, i followed your demo video and have no problems adding channels, problem i have is adding playlists, they only add to TV shows as playlists, but i cannot play after they are added to TV shows. Error i am getting is player skipping unplayable item. I am using windows 7 and Kodi Jarvis.What am i missing, why the playlists wont play just as the channels do?
You are very welcome.
Yeah, I still want to create newer demo video's. Just so busy with my starting company the last few months. I still have the next update for YTlibrary in the pipeline... busy,busy,busy.

"player skipping unplayable item" doesnt really tell me much, cause it doesnt tell me why. Please send me your settings.xml file (with your tv show configuration), so I can take a look whats wrong.
Also please enable the debug setting in the Youtube Library addon and send me your kodi.log file.

Want to help?
-translations
-your config
-webhost costs (0%)
contact me
Thanks for replying back so quick, this is my first time doing this so i hope i did it correctly.

Kodi log - https://logs.tvaddons.ag/pxesnuvcy

it wont let me paste the settings.xml here?
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube Library3