UFC in TV series?
Hi!

I'm not sure if I'm asking it at the right place, but...

I'd love to have my downloaded UFC episodes right there in the TV series part of Kodi, but if I copy them there they are not recognized at all.

If there is a solution I'd be very happy :-)

I am also willing to help or code it myself, if you can point me in the right direction (keywords, documentation) as I have some development background (html, php, sql)

Thank you very much!

Tamás
It's not, I'll move it to video support.

It depends a little bit on which scraper you are using for your Kodi installation, and indeed which UFC series you may have episodes of.

There are some UFC entries on thetvdb (the default Kodi TV scraper), so as long as your files are named correctly then they should scrape fine.

A search for UFC on the database gives this list - note that you can't use the "UFC" name alone as they've blocked that on the database.

See also the notes on naming TV shows (wiki) on how to get the scraper to pick the series up correctly.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
My solution to this was to create custom NFO files.

1) I created a series called "UFC Collection".
2) Then added several seasons (ex: Season 1 = UFC, Season 2 = Pride, Season 3 = everything else).
3) I then created custom NFOs for each "episode" (ex: UFC 55 would be episode 55 in season 1).

I did something similar from wrestling shows:

1) Series called WWF Raw Collection and WCW Nitro Collection.
2) Seasons based on year (ex: Season 1999 would be for the year 1999).
3) Custom episodes in order by date (ex: Episode one would be a Raw from January, Episode 2 might be a Smackdown, and then Episode 8 might be a PPV).
(2016-11-07, 16:09)azrael17 Wrote: My solution to this was to create custom NFO files.

1) I created a series called "UFC Collection".
2) Then added several seasons (ex: Season 1 = UFC, Season 2 = Pride, Season 3 = everything else).
3) I then created custom NFOs for each "episode" (ex: UFC 55 would be episode 55 in season 1).

I did something similar from wrestling shows:

1) Series called WWF Raw Collection and WCW Nitro Collection.
2) Seasons based on year (ex: Season 1999 would be for the year 1999).
3) Custom episodes in order by date (ex: Episode one would be a Raw from January, Episode 2 might be a Smackdown, and then Episode 8 might be a PPV).

This solution would suit my needs perfectly :-)

Could you please point me in the right direction if I wanted to create custom NFOs...?
Never mind, I think I found it!

http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files
Luckily there is now a sports scraper for this Wink

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=256198

Its how I do all my WWE events now. No need for all that custom nfo stuff!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UFC in TV series?0