My Pictures DB and Central MySql Database
I am using My Pictures DB and see that it can be set up to use a Central MySql Database to hopefully feed 3 x OSMC running on Raspeberry Pi(s). Can anyone please explain how?

I have a Synollogy NAS using MyPhp and Maria and this runs the database for Music and Videos for the 3 x OSMC machines. I was hoping that by adding to the advancedsettings.xml I would be able to include pictures from My Pictures DB but it doesn't work. Listed below is the text from advancedsettings.xml - anyone any ideas...? Thanks

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.103</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>osmc</user>
<pass>osmc</pass>
<name>osmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>osmc</user>
<pass>osmc</pass>
<name>osmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
<picturesdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<port>3306</port>
<user>osmc</user>
<pass>osmc</pass>
<name>osmc_picture</name>
</picturesdatabase>
</advancedsettings>
(2016-11-09, 00:01)jhdeano Wrote: I am using My Pictures DB and see that it can be set up to use a Central MySql Database to hopefully feed 3 x OSMC running on Raspeberry Pi(s). Can anyone please explain how?

Where did you see that it can support My Pictures DB on MySQL database?

(2016-11-09, 00:01)jhdeano Wrote: I was hoping that by adding to the advancedsettings.xml I would be able to include pictures from My Pictures DB but it doesn't work.

There is no MySQL support for a pictures database. There is in fact no actual database for pictures.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi Mulhouse

Thanks for your reply.

MyPicturesDB is an addon available through the SuperRepo Repository. I've been using it for a couple of years and it works well. Since writing the query/thread I have found out how to use MySql with MyPicturesDB - it is under a tab on the Settings menu for the Add On. All seems to work very well amongst my 3 x OSMC installations all using the same pictures and MySql DB on my Synology NAS.

The reason I ended up with MyPicturesDB was that I have all my pictures on a Synology NAS. The NAS automatically makes 3-4 copies of each photo at various levels of resolution and includes the word SYNOPHOTO in each of these new files. If I use the OSMC picture slideshow I could not filter out these pictures and ended up with 4-5 copies of each picture in a slideshow and at increasingly worse levels of resolution.

As said, been using MyPicturesDB for a year or so now but have not checked whether there is now a filter in OSMC/Kodi Pictures.

Regards

jhdeano
You should post in the My Pictures DB support thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=133905

You don't add settings for add-ons to advancedsettings.xml.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Pictures DB and Central MySql Database0