• 49(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
DTS-HD passthrough not work with mine Onkyo Undecided with weplay/spmc ,no sound ...no DTS core
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2016-11-10, 12:44)looun Wrote: DTS-HD passthrough not work with mine Onkyo Undecided with weplay/spmc ,no sound ...no DTS core

Have you got android set to HDMI audio, also have you highlighted spmc and wmp in blue under the refresh rate app?
@Edek The Play 2 only has 1 tuner so you can only connect 1 cable hence you cannot record. You either need the Play 1 or the upcoming play 2s if you want to watch 1 channel and record another.
@looun, do a clean install of the new WeOS 1.4 (put zip on a mSD card formatted as FAT32, not on a USB stick) w/pin in reset hole. This did the trick for me finally... DTS-HRA/MA/X and DD+/TrueHD/ATMOS all finally working.

What still sucks w/1.4 is that w/WeTV, guide data and EPG w/ATSC are still a f**kin' mess Sad. Waiting for @ricardopvz's custom Android TV ROM based on 1.4.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
WeTV is still Beta Software IMHO. Guide data and configuration is still a mess for DVB-T as well.

TvHeadend in Ricardo's ATV ROM, and it Web Interface configuration screen is a far more sensible setup and easier day to day use option.

No Pin reset needed simply...
Select the "Reboot to Recovery" option from the Popup onscreen Power Menu when rebooting in Android.

(2016-11-11, 03:54)wrxtasy Wrote: WeTV is still Beta Software IMHO. Guide data and configuration is still a mess for DVB-T as well.

TvHeadend in Ricardo's ATV ROM, and it Web Interface configuration screen is a far more sensible setup and easier day to day use option.

Select the "Reboot to Recovery" option from the Popup onscreen Power Menu when rebooting in Android.

The main problem I find with the current tvheadend setup is the channel changing is really very slow. I've read it's going to be worked on soon
(2016-11-11, 02:22)hdmkv Wrote: @looun, do a clean install of the new WeOS 1.4 (put zip on a mSD card formatted as FAT32, not on a USB stick) w/pin in reset hole. This did the trick for me finally... DTS-HRA/MA/X and DD+/TrueHD/ATMOS all finally working.

What still sucks w/1.4 is that w/WeTV, guide data and EPG w/ATSC are still a f**kin' mess Sad. Waiting for @ricardopvz's custom Android TV ROM based on 1.4.

thanks than...

i have some trouble with DVB-S signal .
I think my DVB-S tuner into my TV is broken and satellite dish is not link to SAT signal or also is broke(usually i use DVB-T).

i don't found on WeTV app "Signal status" menu to check signal % and quality % .

there is any easy way to check DVB-S "Signal status" from weos or libreelec?
thanks.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
When you press OK button, Info Bar will pop-up, and in bottom right corner you have signal quality and signal strength indicators
(2016-11-11, 08:07)goujam Wrote:
(2016-11-11, 03:54)wrxtasy Wrote: WeTV is still Beta Software IMHO. Guide data and configuration is still a mess for DVB-T as well.

The main problem I find with the current tvheadend setup is the channel changing is really very slow. I've read it's going to be worked on soon
Just reflashed Ricardo's Android ATV ROM and used his Android - TvHeadend server / internal DVB-T instead of WeTV for the backend TV server this time.
Channel changing takes about 2 seconds when I use TvHeadend Beta for Live channels and select the mediaplayer option instead of VLC.
SPMC and TvHeadend client - channel changing is about the same as Live Channels.

Good afternoon,
I am interested in buying the WeTek Play 2 as my current media PC/Server cannot do 1080p HEVC.
Am I understanding correctly that this will do hardware acceleration of HEVC 8/10bit, and could also run Netflix?
Those are really my only 2 requirements for the media portion of the setup.

I like this option as it is much cheaper than building a new media PC/Server when Kaby Lake comes out.

Also, generally what is the life span of a PC like this? 3-5 years?
Thanks for any information.

Jason
(2016-11-11, 18:53)jpichie Wrote: Good afternoon,
I am interested in buying the WeTek Play 2 as my current media PC/Server cannot do 1080p HEVC.
Am I understanding correctly that this will do hardware acceleration of HEVC 8/10bit, and could also run Netflix?
Those are really my only 2 requirements for the media portion of the setup.

I like this option as it is much cheaper than building a new media PC/Server when Kaby Lake comes out.

Also, generally what is the life span of a PC like this? 3-5 years?
Thanks for any information.

Jason

Yes it should do everything you need.

On the life time, its difficult to say, however as an example my wetek play 1 has been up 24/7 for nearly 2 years now (its my life TV server, so never gets switched off)
Stupid question (also as I'm having a brain-fart on how I did this a while ago)... how do you run LibreELEC off a mSD card? I have @wrxtasy's LibreELEC-WeTek_Play2.aarch64-7.1.0.RGB.Audio.update2.tar file. Just drop into a mSD and power Play2, or extract contents to mSD, then power on? Don't want to install to NAND. Thanks.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
First install full iso image on this msd card. Format sd card in sd card formatter (in fat32) , download libreelec iso (not tar because this is just update which you use later after install full image on msd card and copy this .tar by sftp connection to .update folder and reboot). After download LE iso from @wrxtasy instert your formatted card into laptop , open app Win32diskimagger or Libreelec msd usb creator and install this image (iso)
(2016-10-18, 07:12)wrxtasy Wrote: Possibly, I don't have an Android image running on a C2 as an example to extract the required Vendor_xxx_Product.kl keylayout from the directory /system/usr/keylayout tho. Nor do I know what the correct name even is for HK remotes.

Regardless you can use a Android or iOS Smartphone/Tablet to control ATV OS, and voice recognition works with these Apps:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...mote&hl=en
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/android-...61166?mt=8

And for any fellow Aussies reading, this Android TV - (legal) SBS TV, catchup, on demand App is excellent if you like Cult, award winning movies curated all in one place. I'm having a hard time believing its all free. I guess my taxes pay for it ! Smile
SBS Android TV
How do the other catch up services work I.e. Ten play, Plus7 etc? My sister has a Sony Android tv and my testing was very hit and miss. Wondering if this is a Sony issue?

Sent from my A0001
Those Oz Catchup services are very hit and miss on all Kodi Android platforms.
The only reliable ones I seen are Chromecasting ABC iView & 9 NOW to an officially licensed Google Android TV platform that has full Chromecasting capabilities baked in.

The AppleTV4 seems to get all the love with numerous Oz Catchup TV service Apps.

Freeview Plus using HbbTV - built into some Oz TV's like mine - is the only 100% reliable way to view these catchup TV services I've found.
The video quality is really quite good, I believe they are using MPEG-DASH adaptive streaming, and HEVC compression as well.

http://www.techradar.com/news/television...ow-1254169

• 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11