• 89(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
Problems with upgrading from v5.2.4 to all these newer versions up to v5.3.2, “Quota Exceeded” Problem always. Tried to make my API key accourding post 2 with no success...also it's a pain to copy all these long strings to Android box...one by one letter damn it to see that it don't work!! Back to my working v5.2.4..all categories works perfect (except History for the obvious reason).
(2016-11-12, 02:25)jdf76 Wrote: I created a VERY simplistic guide to create an Custom API Key with pictures.

Hi Jeff, do you want me to delete my instructions on page 1? I was going to edit them today based on the recent posts but it doesnt seem to make sense to have 2 versions.

EDIT: Deleted my instructions. Users should use jdf76's new instructions with screenshots on page 1.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
While playing a playlist it would be nice to have an option to delete a video from the context menu (while in playlist view). And I mean deleting it not only from the loaded playlist but from the youtube playlist altogether. Right now this doesn't seem to be possible (or couldn't find it).

Very nice work you're doing with this add-on. Thank you so much!
(2016-11-12, 18:11)xbmosx Wrote: While playing a playlist it would be nice to have an option to delete a video from the context menu (while in playlist view). And I mean deleting it not only from the loaded playlist but from the youtube playlist altogether. Right now this doesn't seem to be possible (or couldn't find it).

Assuming you are signed in and it's one of your own created playlists, it's fully possible to delete videos within the add-on when in the view of a specific playlist with the option "remove" in the context menu.

EDIT:

Never mind, I totally misunderstood you.
is anyone else having issues with the "recommendations" option? The results do not match with the results from youtube.com. This may be due to the API changes recently however would like to confirm and see if there is a fix.
I'm running LibreELEC 7.0.2 on RPI3 and currently have Youtube version 5.3.2 installed and I get the "quota exceeded" message. I generated API keys and inserted them but when I try to login I now get "login failed"

I understand that to get Youtube working, I have to install inputstream.mpd first? I looked in the LibreELEC add-ons but couldn't find anything with that name.

btw does anyone know how to copy-paste a piece of text (like an API key) in LibreELEC on a RPI3? keying those numbers by hand is a real PITA.

Thanks!
recommendations is not the same as recommended or recommended for you, currently recommendations is the only one working that I know of.

@Lasz82, inputstream.mpd is not required to use the add-on. only for mpeg-dash support. See #1 for the information we know of regarding that. For copy/paste see #1294
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2016-11-13, 02:26)anxdpanic Wrote: recommendations is not the same as recommended or recommended for you, currently recommendations is the only one working that I know of.

@Lasz82, inputstream.mpd is not required to use the add-on. only for mpeg-dash support. See #1 for the information we know of regarding that. For copy/paste see #1294

Hey, thanks! The copy/paste thing did the trick. Smile
For those with python and devices that are less keyboard friendly here is an alternative method of inputting keys.

kodi_input.py thanks @tknorris

Code:
To use it:
    Create a hosts.txt file in the same path as kodi_input.py
    hosts.txt is 1 host per line with format: username|password|10.9.0.3:8080

example:
        > kodi_input.py hosts.txt "api key or some other text"
          1: username:[email protected]:8080

Target Host: 1
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2016-11-13, 02:26)anxdpanic Wrote: recommendations is not the same as recommended or recommended for you, currently recommendations is the only one working that I know of.

Ah ok I did not know the distinction. Hopefully the add on team can work their magic and make it work.

Sent from my iPhone
Could someone Help me?
I installed the 5.3.2 Youtube Plugin and the inputstream Plugin 1.2.17. But the Playback ist still failing.
Im Running LibreElec 7.90.008
Here is the Kodi.log
http://pastebin.com/TryECzZ3

I hope someone is able to help.
Hi,

I have been having issues with this plugin for the last week or so. I have read the last 10 pages or so of this thread and tried various things to fix my issue.

The Issues:
  • "My Subscriptions" - videos appear, but they don't have thumbnails or info about them in the info area on the right
  • "Subscription" - when selected, returns the quota exceed error (see log snippet below)
  • "Liked" is missing from the menu, but is enabled in the Settings
What I have tried:
  • Deleting setting.xml and re-signing-in according to post #1255
  • Uninstalling, deleting the 'plugin.video.youtube' folder and re-installing
  • Doing the previous step and using various API keys from the supplied 1-5, and also using my own that I created a few months ago
Code:
17:02:47 T:3132   DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Using API key set: 3
17:02:47 T:3132   DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Starting Kodion framework by bromix...
17:02:47 T:3132  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.3.2) on Isengard (15.2) with Python 2.7.8
17:02:47 T:3132   DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Path: "/subscriptions/list/
17:02:47 T:3132   DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Params: "{}"
17:02:47 T:3132   DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Selecting YouTube config "All"
17:02:47 T:3132   DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] User is logged in
17:02:47 T:3132   ERROR: [plugin.video.youtube] Error reason: |quotaExceeded| with message: |The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your <a href="/youtube/v3/getting-started#quota">quota</a>.|
17:02:47 T:2144   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult- plugin returned successfully

What else can I try to fix this. I miss Youtube. Sad
Is this because I am on Isengard?
Also, I will mentioned that I am on Windows 7.

Thanks for any assistance.
(2016-11-14, 00:19)jbrid Wrote: Hi,

I have been having issues with this plugin for the last week or so. I have read the last 10 pages or so of this thread and tried various things to fix my issue.

The Issues:
  • "My Subscriptions" - videos appear, but they don't have thumbnails or info about them in the info area on the right
  • "Subscription" - when selected, returns the quota exceed error (see log snippet below)
What I have tried:
  • Doing the previous step and using various API keys from the supplied 1-5, and also using my own that I created a few months ago
Code:
17:02:47 T:3132   DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Starting Kodion framework by bromix...
17:02:47 T:3132  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.3.2) on Isengard (15.2) with Python 2.7.8
17:02:47 T:3132   ERROR: [plugin.video.youtube] Error reason: |quotaExceeded| with message: |The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your <a href="/youtube/v3/getting-started#quota">quota</a>.|
17:02:47 T:2144   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult- plugin returned successfully

This honestly sound like it didn't take your API Key. My Subscriptions is only used for "youtube-tv".

Can you send me a snapshot of your console.developer.google.com key page so i can see how you have that configured.

if you can't black out your keys on the image, then just PM me the images and i'll take a look.

Jeff
(2016-11-14, 00:19)jbrid Wrote: Hi,

The Issues:
What I have tried:
Code:

ok. lets do the kill everything option.

go into file manager under system. the profiles, then addon_data and delete the folder plugin.video.youtube.

exit kodi.

go to the directory kodi is installed and look for the addons directory. then look for plugin.video.youtube.

Once this is done start kodi back up.

download the latest version of kodi from the repository and then install it.

Open that and go to the API Key tab. Select Enable API Key. Put in API Key, OAUTH ID and then secret. You shouldn't need apps.googleusercontent.com but some say you need it so if you want to put it in go for it.

once thats done you should get the sign in option.

If you get a Login Error, there is a typo somewhere in the API Key.

if you want to copy and paste the key in, just edit the settings.xml file and there are 3 strings you want. I don't know then off the top of my head so you can look back like a page or 2 i posted them.

Good Luck.

Jeff
(2016-11-14, 00:15)sheggy012 Wrote: Could someone Help me?
I installed the 5.3.2 Youtube Plugin and the inputstream Plugin 1.2.17. But the Playback ist still failing.
Im Running LibreElec 7.90.008
Here is the Kodi.log
http://pastebin.com/TryECzZ3

I hope someone is able to help.

Try turning off MPEG Dash and see if it works. Then we can troubleshoot it further.

Jeff
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12