• 226(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-11-14, 18:03)haxel666 Wrote: Hi I am getting a New computer msi cubi and plan on installing MVC Build September as that is the one it was tested on working so far.

And Will be following Steps to Take for MVC with your NUC/HTPC

I wanted to know before scanning in the movies do any file names need to be changed for 3d Titles.

At the moment they are like Warcraft dts 3d.iso and Warcraft 3d.mkv etc.

They all play fine on himedia but might be because of wrapper.

Thanks

That naming should fine but this is the preferred naming
examples:

Warcraft (2016)
Warcraft (2016).3D
Warcraft (2016).3D.atmos
Warcraft (2016).atmos

Moviedb
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Will it scrape and mark it as a 3D film?

Sent from my HTC 10
(2016-11-14, 18:44)fmedrano1977 Wrote: Will it scrape and mark it as a 3D film?

Sent from my HTC 10

Yes!
ATMOS and DTS:X tag are only supported in Kodi 17 Krypton.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR

Sent from my HTC 10
I have mine in individual folders, do the folders need the same naming system or is it just the mkv files?
(2016-11-14, 18:54)movie78 Wrote:

Sent from my HTC 10

Yes!

Sent from my HTC 10
(2016-11-14, 18:56)fmedrano1977 Wrote:

Sent from my HTC 10
I have mine in individual folders, do the folders need the same naming system or is it just the mkv files?
(2016-11-14, 18:54)movie78 Wrote:

Sent from my HTC 10

Yes!

Sent from my HTC 10

I am not quiet sure how the folder naming system because my set up is in individual files.
If you have 'scan recursively' checked, shouldn't matter I think. But, I have each folder and movie inside them named exactly the same just to be sure.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I want to buy an HTPC/NUC for BD/3DBD and for better PQ (I don't need 4K and HD Audio), I need to use Kodi SPDIF audio passthrough and DTS to DD 5.1 audio transcoding as I'm doing now on my RPi3 with HiFiBerry+.

What do you think of the Barebone Asus VIVO VM62?

Specification:
Intel Core i5 4210U
8GB DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4400
HDD+SSD (1TB+128GB)
SPDIF out

Asus Vivo VM62 is the only one that i have found with SPDIF audio out; can you advice me another better model?
Asus Vivo VM62 with latest MVC Windows build can transcode DTS to DD5.1?
Thank you for your help.
(2016-11-14, 19:59)rantei Wrote: I want to buy an HTPC/NUC for BD/3DBD and for better PQ (I don't need 4K and HD Audio), I need to use Kodi SPDIF audio passthrough and DTS to DD 5.1 audio transcoding as I'm doing now on my RPi3 with HiFiBerry+.

What do you think of the Barebone Asus VIVO VM62?

Specification:
Intel Core i5 4210U
8GB DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4400
HDD+SSD (1TB+128GB)
SPDIF out

Asus Vivo VM62 is the only one that i have found with SPDIF audio out; can you advice me another better model?
Asus Vivo VM62 with latest MVC Windows build can transcode DTS to DD5.1?
Thank you for your help.

Base on the specs it should be good.
(2016-11-14, 18:35)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-11-14, 18:03)haxel666 Wrote: Hi I am getting a New computer msi cubi and plan on installing MVC Build September as that is the one it was tested on working so far.

I wanted to know before scanning in the movies do any file names need to be changed for 3d Titles.

Thanks

examples:

Warcraft (2016)
Warcraft (2016).3D
Warcraft (2016).3D.atmos
Warcraft (2016).atmos

Moviedb

In regards to naming conventions i also have a quick question for you please.

I have a tendency to name my releases without dots. So "Warcraft (2016) 3D atmos" would this still work and the 3D part picked up? I know earlier you had to use .3D. in the name for it to be identified, has that been fixed now and you can use gaps instead? Im not using Krypton, I'm mostly on SPMC or the 3D MVC windows build (not sure if thats based on Krypton or the latest stable build), but for ISO files it does not show any media tags. I have my files in individual folders also named the same. Whats weird though sometimes is that if you play the ISO file then the media tags such as Audio will be added.

Lastly, how do you name stuff like "DTS:X" and "DTSHD-MA 7.1" in your file names? This is what i do but I'm not sure if its correct: "DTSX", "DTSHDMA 7.1"

Thanks
So speaking after testst , X5-Z8300 is proved as a good solution for 3D MVC playback ?

If so, can i use this microHDMI out in http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_36...tml?wid=21 to my extended 3D display ?

This would be good buy for me, i get the tablet and 3D MVC playback device. If it works of course.
(2016-11-15, 15:14)KILLERNADS Wrote: I have a tendency to name my releases without dots. So "Warcraft (2016) 3D atmos" would this still work and the 3D part picked up?

Lastly, how do you name stuff like "DTS:X" and "DTSHD-MA 7.1" in your file names? This is what i do but I'm not sure if its correct: "DTSX", "DTSHDMA 7.1"
Not sure about tags w/o dots... you can try and see if they get picked up correctly. If not, you can use a batch renamer like this.

(2016-11-15, 15:39)grabber Wrote: So speaking after testst , X5-Z8300 is proved as a good solution for 3D MVC playback ?
Yes, X5-Z8300 works fine for 3D MVC, but you won't get HD audio. But, like w/RPi, you'll get full PCM output.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-11-15, 15:14)KILLERNADS Wrote:
(2016-11-14, 18:35)movie78 Wrote:

Thanks

examples:

Warcraft (2016)
Warcraft (2016).3D
Warcraft (2016).3D.atmos
Warcraft (2016).atmos

Moviedb

I have a tendency to name my releases without dots. So "Warcraft (2016) 3D atmos" would this still work and the 3D part picked up? I know earlier you had to use .3D. in the name for it to be identified, has that been fixed now and you can use gaps instead? Im not using Krypton, I'm mostly on SPMC or the 3D MVC windows build (not sure if thats based on Krypton or the latest stable build), but for ISO files it does not show any media tags. I have my files in individual folders also named the same. Whats weird though sometimes is that if you play the ISO file then the media tags such as Audio will be added.

Thanks

Kodi naming and properly scraping was one of the issues I was having until I started using IMDB and listening to @Guilouz & @zag.

Ok, let me try to answer your questions.
1-Warcraft (2016) 3D atmos you can try that format but I always put a dot in between my and this Adaline (2015) - Atmos is the format @Guilouz uses, also ATMOS and DTS:X name tag only work Krypton.

2- This is how you name DTS:X movie Ip Man 3 (2015) - DTS-X or Ip Man 3 (2015).dtsx
3-DTSHD-MA 7.1 will be auto select once you start the movie one time, which I think it's annoying.

I hope these answers your questionsCool
(2016-11-15, 15:54)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-11-15, 15:14)KILLERNADS Wrote: I have a tendency to name my releases without dots. So "Warcraft (2016) 3D atmos" would this still work and the 3D part picked up?

Not sure about tags w/o dots... you can try and see if they get picked up correctly. If not, you can use a batch renamer like this.

I think its been working fine for me over the past 7 years with spaces instead of dots, but for 3D files it hadn't been working so well previously. So i had to resort to .3d. but new file names for me such as DTS:X and DTSHD-MA 7.1 i wasn't sure about because they have different symbols within there names.
(2016-11-15, 16:27)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-11-15, 15:14)KILLERNADS Wrote:
(2016-11-14, 18:35)movie78 Wrote: That naming should fine but this is the preferred naming
examples:

Warcraft (2016)
Warcraft (2016).3D
Warcraft (2016).3D.atmos
Warcraft (2016).atmos

Moviedb

Thanks

Kodi naming and properly scraping was one of the issues I was having until I started using IMDB and listening to @Guilouz & @zag.

Ok, let me try to answer your questions.
1-Warcraft (2016) 3D atmos you can try that format but I always put a dot in between my and this Adaline (2015) - Atmos is the format @Guilouz uses, also ATMOS and DTS:X name tag only work Krypton.

2- This is how you name DTS:X movie Ip Man 3 (2015) - DTS-X or Ip Man 3 (2015).dtsx
3-DTSHD-MA 7.1 will be auto select once you start the movie one time, which I think it's annoying.

I hope these answers your questionsCool

Oh right, thank you. I was under the impression for all these years that a symbol "-" is not allowed, as that means minus everything from the scraping which comes after this.
Hi Everyone I've done some testings on new machine and thought I would give a quick update.

Yamaha RXV777 using a 7.1 Setup + extra Sub
BenQ w1070

Msi Cubi 3205U

Setup according to intel nuc steps on this forum.

Installed Latest Bios from MSI
Then Installed Windows 10 EFI Mode ( enable win8/8,1 in bios) was tricky install.
Updated Windows ( Took all day) Let Windows install all drivers didnt use from MSI
Installed Intel update Utility ( Used Intel driver even though was older than the one Windows Update Installed) Intel I installed 20.19.15.4531 from intel update ulility.
Installed September Edition of KODI MVC BUILD as papdoux had quick tested this build.

Tested Jungle Book 3D.ISO DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio Tested for 10 mins and skipped into the middle of the film to make sure staying in sync all is good no problems

Warcraft 3D.ISO Dolby TrueHD 7.1 Tested for 20 mins with no problems

Amazing Spiderman HSBS MKV Tested for 5 mins with no problems

Godzilla HSBS MKV Tested for 5 mins with no problems

Metallica Through the never DTS-HD 5.1 MKV Tested for 20 Mins no problems

Regarding audio I checked Amp Info each time to make sure it was getting 7.1 or 5.1 signal all was good.

Will post update when I watch a 3D movie from start to finish.

Couple of things I couldnt do in the guides as driver software must change all the time

Total colour correction , skin tone and contrast enhancement options are not available so cant disable them

Also is it possible with HSBS Movies that you can do what Himedia Q5 does and press 3D HSBS in kodi instead of using projector control 3d HSBS, Not important just curious. Also think himedia somehow upscales othem to framepacking no idea if its in the file or himedia doing it ( I'm probally wrong )

And after applying all the recommended steps to take for intel, do some people also run color calib from advanced display settings from windows.

And finally anyone else use benq w1070 and got some tips on getting the best possible picture making the blacks better etc.

Thanks again for everyones advise specially papdoux,hdmkv and movie78
NUC5I5RYH
yamaha RX-V777
BenQ w1070
samsung ue55nu7100

• 226(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17