• 138(current)
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
@Milhouse

Thank you both way's works very fine
HI @Milhouse

I've been using your tool for ages on Rpi2 and Rpi3 devices everytime i have to reset one up.

I've just moved to Odroid C2 devices and unfortunately it seems to kill the network connection on them.

I dont use any config and i just simply run "./texturecache.py c"

It will run for about 15 - 20 minutes and then i notice that everything has stopped.. i can still ping the devices but i can't SSH back in to them and the GUI will have hung.

Do you have any ideas?

I've also seen the option to run the script remotely.. am i understanding correctly that i can run the script on another machine and have it target the kodi device.. taking the load off the device itself?
Running the script remotely can reduce the load (and memory consumption) on the Kodi client, the amount of reduced load depends entirely on what you are doing - for instance running "imdb" remotely will result in a big reduction on the client as the remote machine will be doing most of the work (looking up imdb etc.) but caching won't see a large reduction as the client still needs to do most of the work (ie. caching).

As for your Odroid issue, it sounds like a distribution issue (ie. unstable OS) that you should report to wherever you got your OS. Perhaps you need to configure the network stack in some way to avoid what I'm guessing is some sort of kernel panic triggered by the script.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse

Thank you for the script.

I am wondering if this script is OK to run/install even if I have MediaElch from http://www.kvibes.de/en/mediaelch/ that does the scraping and artwork download for me on my PC, before I transfer the movie/tv show folder to my RPi?

Thank you in advance.
Shouldn't be a problem.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse
Thank you for your reply.
I am not very savvy.

I do have a RPi3 (MYSQL Server) running latest OSMC with mysql running as server on it and other 3 RPi's (Clients) in the house, picking up the database from the RPi3.
How should I install your script?
Should I install them on all the machines?
Do I run it once and leave it running? Or do I have to run it every now and then to clean the library?

Thank you in advance.
(2016-11-08, 18:07)Simorgh Wrote: How should I install your script?

It really depends on what you want to do.

With a centralised MySQL library you will find that artwork is now cached on your scraping client (presumably the RPi server) but not on your two RPi2 clients. In this case you could run texturecache.py on your RPi3 server after scraping new content, so that it pre-loads the caches on your two remote clients.

Many operations can be performed remotely so that you don't need to install the script on the clients, but there are a small number of operations (see last 5-10 posts above) which do require the script to be run on the client.

(2016-11-08, 18:07)Simorgh Wrote: Do I run it once and leave it running? Or do I have to run it every now and then to clean the library?

Just run it when you feel the need. Again the frequency depends on what you are doing - a prune or purge only needs to be run once a month or whenever you hit space issues. Cache pre-loading would be run whenever you add new content. Database fixes (R, Xd etc.) only whenever you have an issue (although running them more regularly shouldn't be an issue). Quality assurance (qax) could also be run daily if you have an automated process that downloads episode thumbs several hours after content is originally added.
(2016-11-08, 19:18)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-11-08, 18:07)Simorgh Wrote: How should I install your script?

It really depends on what you want to do.

With a centralised MySQL library you will find that artwork is now cached on your scraping client (presumably the RPi server) but not on your two RPi2 clients. In this case you could run texturecache.py on your RPi3 server after scraping new content, so that it pre-loads the caches on your two remote clients.

Many operations can be performed remotely so that you don't need to install the script on the clients, but there are a small number of operations (see last 5-10 posts above) which do require the script to be run on the client.

(2016-11-08, 18:07)Simorgh Wrote: Do I run it once and leave it running? Or do I have to run it every now and then to clean the library?

Just run it when you feel the need. Again the frequency depends on what you are doing - a prune or purge only needs to be run once a month or whenever you hit space issues. Cache pre-loading would be run whenever you add new content. Database fixes (R, Xd etc.) only whenever you have an issue (although running them more regularly shouldn't be an issue). Quality assurance (qax) could also be run daily if you have an automated process that downloads episode thumbs several hours after content is originally added.

Thank you @Milhouse
The more I play around with this script, the more I love it. Thank you for your time and effort.
Do you take donations? PayPal?

Thank you once again.
(2016-11-15, 17:21)Simorgh Wrote: Do you take donations? PayPal?

No donations necessary. Smile
(2016-11-15, 22:03)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-11-15, 17:21)Simorgh Wrote: Do you take donations? PayPal?

No donations necessary. Smile

Consider it being me buying you a beer. How can I do hat?
It's fine, honestly - your words of appreciation are more than enough! Smile
(2016-11-15, 23:17)Milhouse Wrote: It's fine, honestly - your words of appreciation are more than enough! Smile

Well. I truly appreciate your time and effort you put into this.

Thank you.
@Mihouse do you know why I get this message and how can I fix it?

Code:
root@SimorghOSMC:/home/osmc# ./texturecache.py c movies
Need to cache: [animatedfanart] for movie: Almost Famous
Need to cache: [animatedposter] for movie: Angels & Demons - Extended
Need to cache: [animatedfanart] for movie: Cast Away
Need to cache: [animatedposter] for movie: Central Intelligence
Need to cache: [animatedposter] for movie: Finding Dory
Need to cache: [animatedposter] for movie: Ghostbusters - Extended
Need to cache: [animatedposter] for movie: Gladiator - Extended
Need to cache: [animatedposter] for movie: Independence Day: Resurgence
Need to cache: [animatedfanart] for movie: Independence Day: Resurgence
Need to cache: [animatedposter] for movie: Jason Bourne
Need to cache: [animatedfanart] for movie: Jason Bourne
Need to cache: [animatedposter] for movie: John Carter
Need to cache: [animatedposter] for movie: Kung Fu Panda 3
Need to cache: [animatedfanart] for movie: Patton
Need to cache: [animatedposter] for movie: Pete's Dragon
Need to cache: [animatedfanart] for movie: Se7en
Need to cache: [animatedposter] for movie: Star Trek Beyond
Need to cache: [animatedposter] for movie: Suicide Squad
Need to cache: [animatedposter] for movie: The Legend of Tarzan
Need to cache: [animatedfanart] for movie: True Romance

Caching artwork: 0 items remaining of 20 (qs: 0, qm: 0), 20 errors, 0 threads active (02.00 downloads per second, ETA: 00:00:00)

The following items could not be downloaded:

[animatedfanart] [Cast Away                               ] special://thumbnails/animatedgifs/tt0162222_fanart.gif
[animatedfanart] [Almost Famous                           ] special://thumbnails/animatedgifs/tt0181875_fanart.gif
[animatedfanart] [Independence Day: Resurgence            ] special://thumbnails/animatedgifs/tt1628841_fanart.gif
[animatedfanart] [Jason Bourne                            ] special://thumbnails/animatedgifs/tt4196776_fanart.gif
[animatedfanart] [Patton                                  ] special://thumbnails/animatedgifs/tt0066206_fanart.gif
[animatedfanart] [Se7en                                   ] special://thumbnails/animatedgifs/tt0114369_fanart.gif
[animatedfanart] [True Romance                            ] special://thumbnails/animatedgifs/tt0108399_fanart.gif
[animatedposter] [Angels & Demons - Extended              ] special://thumbnails/animatedgifs/tt0808151_poster.gif
[animatedposter] [Central Intelligence                    ] special://thumbnails/animatedgifs/tt1489889_poster.gif
[animatedposter] [Finding Dory                            ] special://thumbnails/animatedgifs/tt2277860_poster.gif
[animatedposter] [Ghostbusters - Extended                 ] special://thumbnails/animatedgifs/tt1289401_poster.gif
[animatedposter] [Gladiator - Extended                    ] special://thumbnails/animatedgifs/tt0172495_poster.gif
[animatedposter] [Independence Day: Resurgence            ] special://thumbnails/animatedgifs/tt1628841_poster.gif
[animatedposter] [Jason Bourne                            ] special://thumbnails/animatedgifs/tt4196776_poster.gif
[animatedposter] [John Carter                             ] special://thumbnails/animatedgifs/tt0401729_poster.gif
[animatedposter] [Kung Fu Panda 3                         ] special://thumbnails/animatedgifs/tt2267968_poster.gif
[animatedposter] [Pete's Dragon                           ] special://thumbnails/animatedgifs/tt2788732_poster.gif
[animatedposter] [Star Trek Beyond                        ] special://thumbnails/animatedgifs/tt2660888_poster.gif
[animatedposter] [The Legend of Tarzan                    ] special://thumbnails/animatedgifs/tt0918940_poster.gif
[animatedposter] [Suicide Squad                           ] special://thumbnails/animatedgifs/tt1386697_poster.gif

Cache pre-load activity summary for "movies":

|  animatedfanart|  animatedposter|    banner   |  clearlogo  |   discart   |    fanart   |  landscape  |    poster   |    TOTAL
--------------+----------------+----------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+-------------
Cached        |        -       |        -       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0
Deleted       |        -       |        -       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0
Duplicate     |        -       |        -       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      1      |      -      |      1      |      2
Error         |        7       |        13      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      20
Ignored       |        -       |        -       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0
Skipped       |        -       |        -       |      1      |      1      |      1      |     1190    |      1      |     1367    |     2561
Undefined     |        -       |        -       |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      0
==================================================================================================================================================
TOTAL         |        7       |        13      |      1      |      1      |      1      |     1191    |      1      |     1368    |     2583
Download Time |   00:00:06.17  |   00:00:10.96  |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      |      -      | 00:00:15.59

Threads Used: 2
   Min/Avg/Max: 01.28 / 01.28 / 02.00 downloads per second
   Min/Avg/Max: 01.54 / 01.56 / 01.58 seconds per download

Loading: 00:00:02.82
       Parsing: 00:00:00.60
     Comparing: 00:00:04.26
   Downloading: 00:00:15.61
TOTAL RUNTIME: 00:00:23.37

Thank you in advance.
(2016-11-17, 16:43)Simorgh Wrote: @Mihouse do you know why I get this message and how can I fix it?

You'll need to check your Kodi log, as it's Kodi that isn't able to access those files.

I don't know if "thumbnails" is meant to be your "Thumbnails" folder, as Linux file systems are case-sensitive.
Code:
osmc@SimorghOSMC:~$ tail -f .kodi/temp/kodi.log
15:45:56 111030.351562 T:1855976432   ERROR: CecLogMessage - Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
15:45:56 111030.351562 T:1855976432   ERROR: CecLogMessage - could not open a connection (try 8)
15:45:57 111031.359375 T:1855976432   ERROR: CecLogMessage - RegisterLogicalAddress - vc_cec_set_logical_address(E) returned invalid arg (8)
15:45:57 111031.359375 T:1855976432   ERROR: CecLogMessage - Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
15:45:57 111031.359375 T:1855976432   ERROR: CecLogMessage - could not open a connection (try 9)
15:45:58 111032.359375 T:1855976432   ERROR: CecLogMessage - RegisterLogicalAddress - vc_cec_set_logical_address(E) returned invalid arg (8)
15:45:58 111032.359375 T:1855976432   ERROR: CecLogMessage - Open - vc_cec could not be initialised
15:45:58 111032.359375 T:1855976432   ERROR: CecLogMessage - could not open a connection (try 10)
15:45:59 111033.359375 T:1847587824   ERROR: OpenConnection - could not opening a connection to the CEC adapter
15:45:59 111033.359375 T:1855976432   ERROR: CecLogMessage - could not start CEC communications
15:46:09 111043.359375 T:1855976432   ERROR: CecLogMessage - RegisterLogicalAddress - vc_cec_set_logical_address(E) returned invalid arg (8)

This is in the log.
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17