• 11(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
Tv has Radio Controller shutter Glases, Beamer has shutter Glases synchronized by an area in the Picture.

https://youtu.be/U4L6kse24v4
(2016-11-15, 05:31)DenisDA Wrote: ASRock J4205-ITX All the same I can't force to work 3D framepacking in any way. Help.
TV LG 49UB850V - passive 3D polarizable

I have the exact same TV model and having the same issue, I know the MVC builds work as I set up a J1900 with has Framepacked 3D and HD Audio, This is in the spreadsheet at 266316 (thread).

On my J4205-ITX the resolution is set to 1920x1080 and 3D is set to Hardware Based, but when I play a 3D movie the TV goes to 'No Signal' and when stopped I get 3D Disabled message.
I did change the setting to Windowed Mode I got a picture but it flickered as if it was sequential frames rather than both images on screen (TV is passive)

I have tried the drivers that came with the board (.4494) and the ones windows finds in device manager(.4534 I think), and the latest beta (21.20.16.4542), still no joy.

I also cannot get HD audio passthrough, its in the audio settings that HD formats are supported, but when I select WASAPI pass-through I get no sound, . I can use PCM option here or disable the HD formats to get the core DTS and Dolby.

If anyone has this setup on a passive TV, then please provide the Display driver, Audio Driver and Kodi Version numbers.
Yes, I confirm. I would like more detail data on the used HD Graphics drivers too.
(2016-11-13, 19:13)flyingernst Wrote: CT51264BF186DJ yes, german Amazon. It is the only ddr1866 with 4gb available if I remember correctly. Have it in dual channel Mode. When I disconnect it from energy and boot it the First time it reboots twice to BIOS Screen before booting into the OS. After that Moment it always Works normal and stable. But that started my doubts.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk
I've received the so-dimm sticks this morning, working good in dual channel but the boot behavior is present, don't know if it's the same for other brands but I'm happy with it, moved the htpc on another plug to keep it powered up.
Thank you! Wink

@flyingernst

All the settings the same, mine is set to 60Hz refresh, but I tried adjusting to 50Hz I get the same juddering image as mention in my post. Also changing the Video Buffer setting to 2 (from 3), has the same effect of juddering video.
Sry...dont know how to help any more :-(

(2016-11-16, 23:40)flyingernst Wrote: Sry...dont know how to help any more :-(

Thanks for the help so far, you are lucky yours is working, it is a great little board and is powering my 8 drive NAS. Kodi working in 3D, HD Audio and 4K would be a bonus if, I get it working.

I think the reason it is working on yours is that your projector uses shutter view, would you be able to get the Intel Display and Intel Audio version numbers from the device manager, just to make sure I am using the same ones then I can play with the settings some more.
Maybe a dumb question, but do those boards output 10bit or 8bit on th TV or they just decode 10bit but output 8bit?
on win 10 I didnt get more than 8bit 4:4:4. Intel deactivated higher bit-settings since the only "small improvements can be seen, which are not worth it" as I did read in an articel.
With piotrasd LibreElec Version you have 12 bit 4:4:4 (in Marant/Denon AVRs you can check the input signal inside the "Informations" "HDMI" menu. But in LibreElec HD Audio is not yet working. Also 10bit HEVC is not working yet in this Version, but they are working on it. .

With the Color Spaces I have my problems...I dont think Linux/LibreElec/Kodi on Windows is handling them correctly my TV luckily adapts automaticly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by5QhyWUxCY
My beamer does not, even if it set to do it. So sometimes I get confused which should be now the right setup on Windows desktop / kodi menu / kodi Movie.
I just wanted to chip in to this conversation/thread

I'm a long time XBMC/Kodi user and have gone from Acer Revo's about 8 years ago to custom micro HTPC and now a HP Chromebox running LibreElec

I wanted to get 4k compatibility ( for the very limited content currently available ) and needed a new box having just given up on the Android Shield ( Don't get me started on why no one should have to put up with an Android based Kodi system )

So, I've taken my old micro HTPC ( it's actually an Old Pulse-Eight machine that's showing it's age https://blog.pulse-eight.com/2011/08/31/...-new-htpc/ ) and have purchased

ASR J3455-ITX :: Mini-ITX motherboard with Intel Celeron J3455
from here
https://www.reichelt.com/?LANGUAGE=EN&CT...AqUx8P8HAQ

Along with 2 sticks of this HyperX Impact Black 4 GB 1866 MHz DDR3L CL11 SODIMM
from here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00V...UTF8&psc=1

I'm in the UK and the motherboard is from Germany so I haven't received it yet but when I do, I'm hoping to install the lastest Beta of LibreElec on it and have a very powerful 4k ready system, but reading the posts on this thread I'm unclear if LibreElec beta will work as I see a few references to it saying it won't but is that the latest Beta ?

So, when I have the parts I can report back but in the mean time, anyone with the hardware , could you answer me a couple of questions

1) Does LibreElec ( latest beta work )
2) Does HDMI-CEC work ( I love this feature and have it on my Chromebox via the PulseEight Dongle )

Thanks

Si
@BigladUK

LibreElec is currently not HEVC 10Bit ready.If you have no pressure, you can still wait for your purchase.
Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
R.I.P. DAD: 17.06.1952 - 21.01.2017
You can use the latest LibreElec Versions from this thread:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=269815

Just follow this:
1) configurate an offical LibreElec Beta Image on USB stick with LibreELEC USB-SD Creator: https://libreelec.tv/downloads/
2) Download a release from here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=269815 and unzip it
3) copy the 4 files inside the "target" folder from this release onto the target folder on the USB stick
4) install LibreElec as you are used to do

Limitations:
- HD-Audio passthrough is not yet working in LibreElec / Apollo Lake. Until this is working: Just deactivate passthrough for DTS-HD+Dolby TrueHD und Dolby Digital+, so Kodi will decode to Multichannel PCM
- 4K h265 10bit is not yet hardwaredecoded, 4K h265 8bit and 4k h264 work fine

When you install additionaly windows 10 you may have 4k 10bit+ 3D/MVC and HD-Audio working with the Kodi-Version linked in this threat. In my case it works, in other cases not. I will use Windows as long LibreElec is not working perfectly.
Thanks guys, seems like the development version on LibreElec should suit me for the moment as I can live without the 4k & HD Audio for the moment. Not sure I'm ready to install a Microsoft based OS in my house yet

Anyone able to pass comment on the CEC question ? I've read in someplaces this is full implemented in Apollo Lake and other places it's not ( Just like the HDMI 2.0 discussion )

Thanks

Si
(2016-11-13, 19:13)flyingernst Wrote: CT51264BF186DJ yes, german Amazon. It is the only ddr1866 with 4gb available if I remember correctly. Have it in dual channel Mode. When I disconnect it from energy and boot it the First time it reboots twice to BIOS Screen before booting into the OS. After that Moment it always Works normal and stable. But that started my doubts.

Same for me - just built a J4205-ITX with two CT51264BF186DJ sticks and it strangely boots twice from cold power on.

Hope ASRock sort this!
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9