• 24(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
@Rufoo Thanks a lot for you excellent WIP views Big Grin I have updated the first post to include these new teasers.

@Everyone I will be quite busy with real life for the next couple of weeks. I will read all you bug reports, feature requests and comments in due time.
Thanks Rufoo.
I'll start on doing some conversions to get my sid files to mp4.
One missing feature from AdvancedLauncher is the option to launch into default category if selected in settings. With that option, when AL started you go into emulators/games list instead of the start screen and then select the category.

Also I would like to tell to Estuary users that I have make a couple of modifications in official addon, the important here is that I replaced "Radio" section with "Games" button in home menu. This button launches Advanced Emulator Launcher addon Wink and can be toggled in skin settings.

If anybody wants to try it: https://github.com/bite-your-idols/Games...stuary.zip
can it be that this addon doesnt work in kodi 16.1 and spmc i get this error in my log

Code:
23:19:45 T:1382013232   ERROR: Error loading addon settings to special://profile/addon_data/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/settings.xml
23:19:48 T:1598945584   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: cannot import name OrderedDict
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16/files/.spmc/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/addon.py", line 22, in <module>
                                                import resources.main
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16/files/.spmc/addons/plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/resources/main.py", line 27, in <module>
                                                from collections import OrderedDict
                                            ImportError: cannot import name OrderedDict
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
23:19:48 T:1382013232   ERROR: static bool XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory(const CURL&, CFileItemList&, const XFILE::CDirectory::CHints&, bool) - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/
23:19:48 T:1382013232   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher/) failed

windows and kodi 17 is no problem ...
Well following up on that from bite_your_idols. If you want the same experience and more, but not estuary, hold on a little longer and keep an eye out on Rufoo, Wintermute and others their work. Good things will come.
(2016-11-14, 07:24)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
Code:
Browse by Category
    Arcade --> Virtual launcher that includes all ROMs under Arcade category
    SEGA --> Virtual launcher that includes all ROMs unders SEGA category

What do you think?

Yes!! This sounds like a great idea, hope it can get added eventually.
Is it possible to manually create the .nfo's from a mame xml so that names that are shown are game names and not rom names? I have all MAME assests that I need from a hyperspin install, the only missing piece is the rom name being displayed instead of the friendlier game name.
i have used rom collector browser to create all the nfo's for mame with this method

https://github.com/anarcat/romcollection...AMEOffline

and these nfo's are beside the rom zip's and are being nicly used by advanced emulator launcher

and in the nfo the names are now correct and are showing also correct

<title>Marvel vs. Capcom - Clash of Super Heroes</title>
Thanks!
Hi! is it me or scraper for snapsnots and fanarts aren't working for mame ?
(2016-11-17, 10:16)kevenz Wrote: Hi! is it me or scraper for snapsnots and fanarts aren't working for mame ?
ArcadeDB scraper is not finished yet. You can easily get your MAME artwork, make sure you read well the first post.

AEL includes support for MAME ROMs with the offline scraper out of the box. In AEL settings make sure option Use filename instead is not check for MAME!
just want to follow up with the issue i had with kodi 16 and 16.1

was not able to open it after install

what i did

i downloaded this

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ordereddict

renamed ordereddict.py to OrderedDict.py
i placed it in the asset folder

then i changed the line 27

TO

import OrderedDict

and now i can open it normally
(2016-11-17, 00:14)bite_your_idols Wrote: One missing feature from AdvancedLauncher is the option to launch into default category if selected in settings. With that option, when AL started you go into emulators/games list instead of the start screen and then select the category.

There is no "default" category in AEL. The Emulators initial category is a normal category created the first time the addon is created, and will have a different fingerprint (ID) on every setup. You can create both standalone and ROM launchers in the addon root if you wish and get rid of the Emulators category.
(2016-11-17, 07:01)UKVaper Wrote: Is it possible to manually create the .nfo's from a mame xml so that names that are shown are game names and not rom names? I have all MAME assests that I need from a hyperspin install, the only missing piece is the rom name being displayed instead of the friendlier game name.

You don't need to do that, AEL supports MAME metadata (except plot) out of the box. Before creating your launchers, go to AEL settings, in ROM scanner tab make sure "Ignore ROM scraped title (Use filename instead)" is NOT CHECKED. When creating your launcher, make sure you select "MAME" as the platform. All MAME ROMs will have correct metadata and displayed name will be official MAME full length name. For No-Intro ROMs I recommend to check the option "Ignore ROM scraped title", so you won't miss the tags, e.g., (Europe) (Rev A) etc.
(2016-11-17, 17:15)marcoooo Wrote: just want to follow up with the issue i had with kodi 16 and 16.1

was not able to open it after install

what i did

i downloaded this

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ordereddict

renamed ordereddict.py to OrderedDict.py
i placed it in the asset folder

then i changed the line 27

TO

import OrderedDict

and now i can open it normally

That's weird... Jarvis ships with Python 2.7 and the collections module is part of Python 2.7. Are you using standard Kodi? Which platform? Also, can you activate AEL debug (but not Kodi debug) as indicated in first post and provide a complete log? (Just do some operations with AEL, like browsing, and launch something)

By the way... very soon (maybe version 0.9.6) both AEL and AML will work on Krypton and up ONLY. Kodi developers were graciously enough to include a new feature that will improve AEL display of image dialogs a lot and I'm in the process of updating the code.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12