• 99(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2016-11-19, 04:21)glass_rain Wrote: My brother and I had an issue similar to that on our droid boxes... Ours turned out to be Thumbnail Overload. Android loves to collect those for some reason. After learned some ways to manage it... The problem seemed to disappear.

Sent from my P01MA (typie typie)
this is a new install of kodi 17 i did yesterday though, and i didn't install any addons. the problem still exists. unless you are referring to the box itself? I'm not sure. but thanks for sharing your info. i will read up on this and maybe find something.
(2016-11-19, 05:18)fracl11 Wrote: this is a new install of kodi 17 i did yesterday though, and i didn't install any addons. the problem still exists. unless you are referring to the box itself? I'm not sure. but thanks for sharing your info. i will read up on this and maybe find something.

When you uninstall Kodi, are you making sure to completely remove Kodi, and also making sure that you delete your old profile/user data before installing new builds??
(2016-11-19, 06:01)UraFarquad Wrote:
(2016-11-19, 05:18)fracl11 Wrote: this is a new install of kodi 17 i did yesterday though, and i didn't install any addons. the problem still exists. unless you are referring to the box itself? I'm not sure. but thanks for sharing your info. i will read up on this and maybe find something.

When you uninstall Kodi, are you making sure to completely remove Kodi, and also making sure that you delete your old profile/user data before installing new builds??
yes I do,I usually use CCleaner to uninstall, sometimes i'll reset the whole box and redo everything.i got a few different boxes, and it's a good pass time Smile but that issue I'm having is really bugging me cause I love this skin.
When you install, I assume you are starting with a "vanilla" Kodi build from Kodi.tv and not one of those jacked up builds that you see in the YouTube vids, right?
(2016-11-19, 08:45)UraFarquad Wrote: When you install, I assume you are starting with a "vanilla" Kodi build from Kodi.tv and not one of those jacked up builds that you see in the YouTube vids, right?
I just use the default skin to install (confluence). except for kodi 17 I switch to confluence cause i don't like the new default. I never use those builds, a few years back when i started i did try a few but, I quickly realize that was not the way to go.
(2016-11-19, 09:17)fracl11 Wrote:
(2016-11-19, 08:45)UraFarquad Wrote: When you install, I assume you are starting with a "vanilla" Kodi build from Kodi.tv and not one of those jacked up builds that you see in the YouTube vids, right?
I just use the default skin to install (confluence). except for kodi 17 I switch to confluence cause i don't like the new default. I never use those builds, a few years back when i started i did try a few but, I quickly realize that was not the way to go.

So..... Fresh "vanilla" build.

When you install Kodi and you first start it, does it boot properly? Does it properly load to the default skin with everything working?
(2016-11-19, 09:24)UraFarquad Wrote:
(2016-11-19, 09:17)fracl11 Wrote:

When you install Kodi and you first start it, does it boot properly? Does it properly load to the default skin with everything working?
yes, everything works fine. boots no problem but as soon as I install Xonfluence. the issue starts. sometimes the program will load on the first click but not often. like 1 in 75 times. I don't know what the skin is trying to do when it loads.. but it's having a hard time doing it that's for sure.
(2016-11-19, 09:33)fracl11 Wrote:
(2016-11-19, 09:24)UraFarquad Wrote:
(2016-11-19, 09:17)fracl11 Wrote: I just use the default skin to install (confluence). except for kodi 17 I switch to confluence cause i don't like the new default. I never use those builds, a few years back when i started i did try a few but, I quickly realize that was not the way to go.

yes, everything works fine. boots no problem but as soon as I install Xonfluence. the issue starts. sometimes the program will load on the first click but not often. like 1 in 75 times. I don't know what the skin is trying to do when it loads.. but it's having a hard time doing it that's for sure.

How are you installing Xonfluence? Repo or zip?
(2016-11-19, 09:41)UraFarquad Wrote:
(2016-11-19, 09:33)fracl11 Wrote:
(2016-11-19, 09:24)UraFarquad Wrote: So..... Fresh "vanilla" build.

How are you installing Xonfluence? Repo or zip?
I install the helly repo and get it from there.
(2016-11-19, 05:18)fracl11 Wrote:
(2016-11-19, 04:21)glass_rain Wrote: My brother and I had an issue similar to that on our droid boxes... Ours turned out to be Thumbnail Overload. Android loves to collect those for some reason. After learned some ways to manage it... The problem seemed to disappear.

this is a new install of kodi 17 i did yesterday though, and i didn't install any addons. the problem still exists. unless you are referring to the box itself? I'm not sure. but thanks for sharing your info. i will read up on this and maybe find something.
The box... If you don't mind me asking... Which version of Android are you using?
I've got 3 myself... So far the less buggy is the older version. 5 has problems definitely... I've found a few with 6... the worst is when I exit Kodi, and then I restart... I'm back at the default screen of Kodi. Also, it doesn't matter which skin I use... It's the same. Nothing but a bug in OS.
4 seems to work most often... but of course that one is rooted without the bloatware. [emoji89]

Sent from my XT1650
Dark Cypher
(2016-11-19, 13:09)glass_rain Wrote:
(2016-11-19, 05:18)fracl11 Wrote:

The box... If you don't mind me asking... Which version of Android are you using?
I've got 3 myself... So far the less buggy is the older version. 5 has problems definitely... I've found a few with 6... the worst is when I exit Kodi, and then I restart... I'm back at the default screen of Kodi. Also, it doesn't matter which skin I use... It's the same. Nothing but a bug in OS.
4 seems to work most often... but of course that one is rooted without the bloatware. [emoji89]

Sent from my XT1650 (typie typie)
I have 2 boxes at android 4.2 or is it 4.4? and the rest is 5.1. and i've tried all kinds of skins in the hope of finding one i could replace it with because of that. if i use it on my laptop im ok. but as soon as i connect it to my tv it does the same. .. so i guess its something to do with my tv. its a Samsung 50 inch plasma 8000 series.
(2016-11-12, 21:09)UraFarquad Wrote:
(2016-11-12, 10:04)Helly1206 Wrote: Hi UraFarquad,

You can try autoscroll:
Quote:<autoscroll delay="3000" time="1800" repeat="10000">!Skin.HasSetting(StopAutoScroll)</autoscroll>

Success,
Helly.

Tried the autoscroll command too............still a no-go. I've got the guy who wrote the original script looking at the code to see what my issue is. I'll update as soon as possible. Any opinion on they layout?

Hi UraFarquad,

Thanks for all your hard work.

To be honest, the layout doesn't really match the confluence/ xonfluence look and feel. But there is something else that bothers me a bit. There are quite a lot of addons that have their own skin and look and feel. I made some of them compatible in the past (like extendedinfo). unfortunately I didn't realize at that time that it is a lot of work to maintain those. Those skins are very much related with the addons, like parameters etc. and if the addons changes after an update, the skin also needs to change. I have to work through the addon code or compare the original skins to find the changes. That is really a lot of work.

Furthermore if someone else does the hard work for me, I need to check your coding. Is everything in xonfluence style so that it changes with changing colors, buttons etc.?

Therefore I decided not to make new addons part of the xonfluence skin (same for Nextup). Everyone may add skins for addons, but I do not make them part of the repo. You need to add them manually if you want to use them.

I'm sorry but I hope you (and anyone else who's asking me for modifying addons to xonfluence look and feel) understand this.

Thanks anyway,
Helly.
(2016-11-14, 02:42)UraFarquad Wrote:
(2016-11-05, 11:40)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2016-11-02, 05:08)ilovethakush Wrote: Here's something I noticed months ago but just didn't say anything.

I'm still on 16.1 LE. I'm not sure if it's the monitor that I'm using (1680x1050) or if it's an actual bug.

Movie posters in fullscreen wall and on the homescreen when using large widgets are cut off from the left and right a little bit. The posters are displayed perfectly and in full in all other views except those two.

I actually had the exact same issue when I first tested out Estuary a few months ago, the posters there are cut off in every single view.

So yeah, I'm not really sure what the issue is.

It's probably the bug I solved for Krypton, but not for Jarvis. But screenshots help to explain what you actually mean.

See: 2433006 (post)

Thanks,
Helly.

@helly

Since this was fixed for Krypton, but not Jarvis, could you possibly explain how I could fix it for Jarvis? I'm happy to put in the work if it'll fix the issue for Jarvis branch.

EDIT: Took the time tonight to find it and go ahead and fix this on the Jarvis Branch. I can get it uploaded tomorrow for others if they want or for Helly if he wants to put it in the repo for Jarvis version.

Here's the screenshots.....

Small/Normal widget

Large widget

If you mail me the code, I will check and implement in a next release of xonfluence for jarvis.

Helly.
(2016-11-14, 15:07)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-11-12, 09:56)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2016-11-07, 14:38)trogggy Wrote: Hi Helly
Noticed in error in the log on krypton...
Looking in the latest confluence there is a Set.png - sticking that into the Textures.xbt in xonfluence fixes it.

Also don't know if you've seen this - I assume you'll wait for it to be fixed in confluence in any case...?

The skin's running really well on krypton - thanks as always.

Hi Trogggy,

I indeed see that new flags are added. I will add them in the next release.

About your second question, what's exactly the issue? Is it about the fanart not loading? I think the addon is working anyway, isn't it? I don't think it is good practice for an addon to use a skin variable, as it is skin dependent. I can add this variable, so you won't get the error.

Thanks,
Helly.
Hi Helly
I should have put some screenshots up to show what's happening - basically the background's not loading in confluence / xonfluence, making it look a mess / harder to read. It's not too bad if I'm loading over a relatively empty page as in the screenshots - but the more there is on the preceding page the worse it looks.
I can't reproduce the crashes after updating libreelec, so I'm going to put that down to bluetooth settings going crazy-mad, ie unrelated - and I can see there's a 'videolibrary' reference that shouldn't be in the addon - estuary manages to ignore that though. I'm assuming (maybe wrongly) that if it's working in estuary a change is needed in other skins. Might be a mile off.
Anyways:
xonfluence jarvis (lovely):
estuary (again gorgeous):
Confluence and xonfluence krypton (page visible behind):
Thanks again for looking at this.

Hmm, I see what happens. However I cannot solve that, as this addon uses it's own skin and that one is made for estuary. As you see from the screenshots is that the contents also changed between jarvis and krypton. The only thing you can do is ask the libre elec guys to add a confluence/ xonfluence look and feel to the current version. Probably if they add a black background to the menu, you're got a reasonable solution. Those people should understand that not everybody uses estuary.

Thanks,
Helly.
(2016-11-14, 22:21)trogggy Wrote: @ Helly....
Please please please please please...
...at least consider bringing back the Confluence-style favourites on the sideblade.
I use favourites all the time in the skin - the beauty of the sideblade is that it's unobtrusive and you can still see the rest of the screen. The new one in 3.3.9 (from Estuary?) looks worse (subjective I know), is too big and obscures what's already the screen. It's not the end of the world, obviously - I can replace dialogfavourites.xml with the old one every time there's an update - but from my point of view it's much worse than what was there.
An option to keep the old one would be great (though I'm not sure how you'd go about it).
Thanks for reading, keeping everything crossed.

Hmmm, It's always difficult when making changes. Someone likes the one, and someone else likes the other.

But I'll make it up to you (and el_davidson and probably a few others). I'm making a option to use the original confluence favourites sideblade. Only for favourites, not for all settings dialogs (that I also changed), as that is an awefull lot of work.

Thanks,
Helly.
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13