• 100(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2016-11-19, 21:12)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2016-11-14, 22:21)trogggy Wrote: @ Helly....
Please please please please please...
...at least consider bringing back the Confluence-style favourites on the sideblade.
I use favourites all the time in the skin - the beauty of the sideblade is that it's unobtrusive and you can still see the rest of the screen. The new one in 3.3.9 (from Estuary?) looks worse (subjective I know), is too big and obscures what's already the screen. It's not the end of the world, obviously - I can replace dialogfavourites.xml with the old one every time there's an update - but from my point of view it's much worse than what was there.
An option to keep the old one would be great (though I'm not sure how you'd go about it).
Thanks for reading, keeping everything crossed.

Hmmm, It's always difficult when making changes. Someone likes the one, and someone else likes the other.

But I'll make it up to you (and el_davidson and probably a few others). I'm making a option to use the original confluence favourites sideblade. Only for favourites, not for all settings dialogs (that I also changed), as that is an awefull lot of work.

Thanks,
Helly.
Brilliant, many thanks Helly.
No interest at all in settings dialogs - things I see once in a blue moon don't matter, you can do a Donald Trump background for all the difference it makes to me.
And I'll investigate the libreelec settings with them, thanks for looking at it.
(2016-11-17, 02:29)Ravanelli Wrote: Hello,
I really love this skin, it's perfect. So thank you for the effort on improving the already great Confluence.

I have one question/request though:

Is there a way to display movie duration/runtime in HH:MM or HHhMM format?

(ie: 1h:37 instead of 97 minutes)

I tried using this http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220753
but I wasted hours over the last week trying to make it work to no avail.

I know there are other skins that have this option, but I like this skin better.

any suggestions please?

(Using Jarvis 16.1) (Windows 8.1)

thanks.

hmmm, you need an addon to recalculate the time. Every view in Xonfluence add minutes to the runtime, so that needs to be changed into something else. I don't really like these kind of things as they always cause trouble. But let me think about it. Maybe in the future ....

Helly.
(2016-11-19, 20:46)fracl11 Wrote:
(2016-11-19, 13:09)glass_rain Wrote:
(2016-11-19, 05:18)fracl11 Wrote: this is a new install of kodi 17 i did yesterday though, and i didn't install any addons. the problem still exists. unless you are referring to the box itself? I'm not sure. but thanks for sharing your info. i will read up on this and maybe find something.
The box... If you don't mind me asking... Which version of Android are you using?
I've got 3 myself... So far the less buggy is the older version. 5 has problems definitely... I've found a few with 6... the worst is when I exit Kodi, and then I restart... I'm back at the default screen of Kodi. Also, it doesn't matter which skin I use... It's the same. Nothing but a bug in OS.
4 seems to work most often... but of course that one is rooted without the bloatware. [emoji89]

Sent from my XT1650 (typie typie)
I have 2 boxes at android 4.2 or is it 4.4? and the rest is 5.1. and i've tried all kinds of skins in the hope of finding one i could replace it with because of that. if i use it on my laptop im ok. but as soon as i connect it to my tv it does the same. .. so i guess its something to do with my tv. its a Samsung 50 inch plasma 8000 series.

Hi,

I'm really sorry you have issues with kodi crashing when using xonfluence. I don't think xonfluence crashes on kodi, but a heavier skin may cause a crash because of memory issues or something else. I cannot test it for you as I don't run kodi on an android device. You can try to load another 'heavy' skin like Aeon or so and check if kodi also crashed when using this skin.

Try to run xonfluence without intro movie and splash screen. That might reduce the memory and processor load on starting kodi.

You can also upload the kodi crashlog to the kodi guys. Maybe they can help.

You hope you can solve this issue and you and lots of others can use xonfluence on android devices.

Good luck,
Helly.
Hi all,

The forum was very busy this week.

As Xonfluence on krypton is running stable at the moment (except for some android users Sad) and I don't want to spend every weekend on skinning Laugh, I plan not to add this many extra features for xonfluence for now.

I know lots of you (including myself) are still working on jarvis, I am not planning new features on jarvis anymore (only thing is probably solving the large widget scaling bug). The official release of krypton will probably be soon.

Things that are on my list at the moment are:
- Adding the possibility for custom scripts on movie info. (extendedinfo button will be replaced by a more button when a user script is entered).
- Adding an option to switch between sideblade of select favourites menu.

Updates will be probably in a few weeks time.

Thanks,
Helly.
[/quote]

Try to run xonfluence without intro movie and splash screen. That might reduce the memory and processor load on starting kodi.

You can also upload the kodi crashlog to the kodi guys. Maybe they can help.

[/quote]

thats the first thing i do, disable intro movie. and i did post a log on here. isn't this good? i'm not sure as i've never really uploaded a log for help, i usually just read and find my answer.

any chance of you coming out with a lite version for android users? the 7 shortcuts and being able to add/remove categories is what sells it for me.
Ok, thanks to @Helly1206 for this great skin, I think have had some success regarding my video OSD Mod, but i will need help from a more advanced member. I can find the rest of the items I need to mod but cant find the OSD content title which I need to mod aswell. see the attached picture. any help will be highly appreciated.

thanks

(2016-11-19, 20:57)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2016-11-12, 21:09)UraFarquad Wrote:
(2016-11-12, 10:04)Helly1206 Wrote: Hi UraFarquad,

You can try autoscroll:

Success,
Helly.

Tried the autoscroll command too............still a no-go. I've got the guy who wrote the original script looking at the code to see what my issue is. I'll update as soon as possible. Any opinion on they layout?

Hi UraFarquad,

Thanks for all your hard work.

To be honest, the layout doesn't really match the confluence/ xonfluence look and feel. But there is something else that bothers me a bit. There are quite a lot of addons that have their own skin and look and feel. I made some of them compatible in the past (like extendedinfo). unfortunately I didn't realize at that time that it is a lot of work to maintain those. Those skins are very much related with the addons, like parameters etc. and if the addons changes after an update, the skin also needs to change. I have to work through the addon code or compare the original skins to find the changes. That is really a lot of work.

Furthermore if someone else does the hard work for me, I need to check your coding. Is everything in xonfluence style so that it changes with changing colors, buttons etc.?

Therefore I decided not to make new addons part of the xonfluence skin (same for Nextup). Everyone may add skins for addons, but I do not make them part of the repo. You need to add them manually if you want to use them.

I'm sorry but I hope you (and anyone else who's asking me for modifying addons to xonfluence look and feel) understand this.

Thanks anyway,
Helly.

Completely understand. I can still release it as a separate mod for those that want it. Until then, it'll stay a personal project. Cheers!!

I'll get you that Large Widget fix ASAP. Thanks again.
(2016-11-19, 21:22)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2016-11-17, 02:29)Ravanelli Wrote: Hello,
I really love this skin, it's perfect. So thank you for the effort on improving the already great Confluence.

I have one question/request though:

Is there a way to display movie duration/runtime in HH:MM or HHhMM format?

(ie: 1h:37 instead of 97 minutes)

I tried using this http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220753
but I wasted hours over the last week trying to make it work to no avail.

I know there are other skins that have this option, but I like this skin better.

any suggestions please?

(Using Jarvis 16.1) (Windows 8.1)

thanks.

hmmm, you need an addon to recalculate the time. Every view in Xonfluence add minutes to the runtime, so that needs to be changed into something else. I don't really like these kind of things as they always cause trouble. But let me think about it. Maybe in the future ....

Helly.

Hmm so the addon/script in that link will not work with Xonfluence?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220753

Because the author says it will recalculate the runtime.
But I couldn't find a "variables.xml" file in there.

Anyway, if it's too much work then I understand really.
Still a great skin.
(2016-11-19, 21:37)Helly1206 Wrote: I know lots of you (including myself) are still working on jarvis, I am not planning new features on jarvis anymore (only thing is probably solving the large widget scaling bug). The official release of krypton will probably be soon.

Things that are on my list at the moment are:
- Adding the possibility for custom scripts on movie info. (extendedinfo button will be replaced by a more button when a user script is entered).
- Adding an option to switch between sideblade of select favourites menu.

THANKS Helly, these are all most appreciated Nod

Just one note, it would be great if the custom scripts via a More button on the "Show Info" screen could be for both Movies AND TV Shows.

Thanks again Cool
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Newb on kodi.. On Xonfluence menus is there a way to quick edit just the menu name like on Aeon instead of going into home menus and redoing the whole menu item..

Thanks in advance

Sent from my PLK-L01
(2016-11-20, 12:05)satyp Wrote: On Xonfluence menus is there a way to quick edit just the menu name like on Aeon instead of going into home menus and redoing the whole menu item..
If there is I've never found it. Either rebuild the menu item in the gui or edit the settings.xml in addon_data/skin.xonfluence manually.
(2016-11-20, 12:15)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-11-20, 12:05)satyp Wrote: On Xonfluence menus is there a way to quick edit just the menu name like on Aeon instead of going into home menus and redoing the whole menu item..
If there is I've never found it. Either rebuild the menu item in the gui or edit the settings.xml in addon_data/skin.xonfluence manually.
Thks troggy thought it was just me, will look at playing with the gui.xml.. love the skin otherwise, might consider Aeon if becomes too much of chore trying to build the right skin..

Sent from my PLK-L01
(2016-11-20, 12:15)trogggy Wrote:
Thks troggy thought it was just me, will look at playing with the gui.xml.. love the skin otherwise, might consider Aeon if becomes too much of chore trying to build the right skin..

Sent from my PLK-L01
(2016-11-20, 12:26)satyp Wrote: Thks troggy thought it was just me, will look at playing with the gui.xml.. love the skin otherwise, might consider Aeon if becomes too much of chore trying to build the right skin..

Sent from my PLK-L01 (typie typie)
Just in case...
Skin settings aren't in guisettings.xml any more (since Jarvis).
They're in userdata/addon_data/skin.xonfluence/settings.xml.
And while I'm at it (this isn't for you particularly) I'll say editing .xml's is not something to jump into feet-first. I do it routinely 'cos it's the only way I can get what I want, but bear in mind...
- use a decent text editor; I use notepad++ in windows;
- don't try editing a skin settings.xml while that skin's running - it won't work, 'cos when you shut down kodi (or change skin) all your lovely changes will disappear as kodi saves the current skinsettings;
- make a backup before you start - as simple as opening settings.xml in notepad++ and clicking 'save a copy as' or cutting and pasting settings.xml to somewhere else;
- the notepad++ 'find in files' feature can come in very handy, as can the automatic text replacement... as long as you took that backup.
And finally... it used to be that skinsettings were saved in an easy-to-follow order, since Jarvis they're all jumbled up. I open the file in notepad++, select everything with 'string' in it (or 'bool', if I'm looking at those) then click 'edit', 'line operations' and 'sort line operations lexicographically ascending.' Everything's now easy (easier!) to follow if you're looking for something / making changes.

Maybe someone will find the above of use - though for the vast majority there's no need to ever mess with settings.xml directly. If you need to, or you can't help fiddling (ie me) though...
Nice one noted ;-) , totally agree.. have used notepad ++ to setup advanced and settings .xml watching a youtube video to setup my nfs nas sources and mysql across all my kodi setups that's about it.. looked at the guis files etc and like you say it's not for me unless it's just the Odd Line based on a tutorial or something..

Willing to spend the time to get one set-up right and COPY to the rest the kodi's in the house.. :-0

Sent from my PLK-L01
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13