Home Menu Dialog Box Not Showing
AppTV 1.4.5

If General > Lock Screen setting menu is set to off, the dialog boxes in Home Menu will not show up. If I turn Screen setting menu back on they show up. Let me know if you need more info or if this is a known issue.

Thank you!
(2016-11-20, 07:55)jonnesovic Wrote: AppTV 1.4.5

If General > Lock Screen setting menu is set to off, the dialog boxes in Home Menu will not show up. If I turn Screen setting menu back on they show up. Let me know if you need more info or if this is a known issue.

Thank you!
jonnesovic,

Sorry, took me a little while to understand what you were trying to tell me. Not really sure what was going on when I coded the home menu setting screen, but not my finest work. That and the setting in the general settings menu is very poorly worded.

Now as I have finished with Kodi 16 and am now only coding for Kodi 17, there is not a lot I can (or will) do for the 1.4.x series of the skin. Good news is that work progresses nicely with 1.5.x series. Extra, extra good news is that I have rewritten the home menu setting screen so it is no longer brain dead like you have pointed out. Also I have greatly expanded the options that can be assigned to the home menu buttons to include playlists and Kodi commands. I will also re word the general menu setting to read "Screen settings menu ................ On/Off" and change the help text to hopefully better explain what the setting does.

Thank you for the useful bug report. Sometime I spend so long staring at things that I no longer see silly mistakes such as this one. All it takes are an extra pair of eyes and a gentle tap on the shoulder to point out what I have missed.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
It really isn't a big bug. When I need to edit a home button, I just have to set Lock Screen setting menu to OFF. I was kind of going crazy myself trying to find the exact cause for the bug. About half way through updating my build of Kodi the option to add icons just went away.

Thank you for all the work you do! AppTV is hands down the best skin for Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home Menu Dialog Box Not Showing0