• 101(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2016-11-19, 20:46)fracl11 Wrote: I have 2 boxes at android 4.2 or is it 4.4? and the rest is 5.1. and i've tried all kinds of skins in the hope of finding one i could replace it with because of that. if i use it on my laptop im ok. but as soon as i connect it to my tv it does the same. .. so i guess its something to do with my tv. its a Samsung 50 inch plasma 8000 series.

Well maybe this might be the problem:

Quote:FROM: https://kodi.tv/kodi-v17-krypton-alpha-2/
Android 5.0 Lollipop (or later) as minimum

Over the years the Android platform started to mature and catch up to the other platforms regarding capabilities. This also means that we can drop all the custom code we had to add in the beginning to get Kodi running at all as that’s now becoming obsolete. One of those from back in the days was libStageFright which we dropped in a previous release and was replaced by the standard MediaCodec from Android. With v17 we have started to clean up all the old implementations which sadly also means we had to set the minimum Android version to at least 5.0 Lollipop. It’s uncertain at this time if we even hove to go higher and set minimum to Android 6.0 Marshmallow as this contains certain features we need to improve Kodi. For now you are safe if you at least have Android 5.0
(2016-11-19, 21:56)fracl11 Wrote: [--quote--]

Try to run xonfluence without intro movie and splash screen. That might reduce the memory and processor load on starting kodi.

You can also upload the kodi crashlog to the kodi guys. Maybe they can help.

[--quote--]

thats the first thing i do, disable intro movie. and i did post a log on here. isn't this good? i'm not sure as i've never really uploaded a log for help, i usually just read and find my answer.

any chance of you coming out with a lite version for android users? the 7 shortcuts and being able to add/remove categories is what sells it for me.

The log you posted is a kodi log. I don't see a serious error in it.

Kodi also writes crashlogs. I can't read them, but probably kodi programmers do.

I don't plan a lite version. In fact confluence is a lite version of xonfluence RoflRoflRofl. I know it doesn't have all features from xonfluence, but I cannot make skins with features that differ for each individual. That will be really a lot of work.

But you can make xonfluence lighter by disabling backgrounds, background animation etc. You can e.g. run xonfluence on a windows machine, set it up as you like, copy the settings.xml file to your android machine and then try to run kodi.

Success,
Helly
(2016-11-20, 15:58)flhthemi Wrote:
(2016-11-19, 20:46)fracl11 Wrote: I have 2 boxes at android 4.2 or is it 4.4? and the rest is 5.1. and i've tried all kinds of skins in the hope of finding one i could replace it with because of that. if i use it on my laptop im ok. but as soon as i connect it to my tv it does the same. .. so i guess its something to do with my tv. its a Samsung 50 inch plasma 8000 series.

Well maybe this might be the problem:
i'm only playing with the 5.1 right now though,
I wish someone could read the Log I put up and tell me exactly what is doing it.
(2016-11-20, 11:39)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2016-11-19, 21:37)Helly1206 Wrote: I know lots of you (including myself) are still working on jarvis, I am not planning new features on jarvis anymore (only thing is probably solving the large widget scaling bug). The official release of krypton will probably be soon.

Things that are on my list at the moment are:
- Adding the possibility for custom scripts on movie info. (extendedinfo button will be replaced by a more button when a user script is entered).
- Adding an option to switch between sideblade of select favourites menu.

THANKS Helly, these are all most appreciated Nod

Just one note, it would be great if the custom scripts via a More button on the "Show Info" screen could be for both Movies AND TV Shows.

Thanks again Cool

Ok, check. I'll implement for both movies and tv shows.

Helly.
Helly......

Did you get my email?
(2016-11-20, 21:16)UraFarquad Wrote: Helly......

Did you get my email?

Yes I did. Already replied it.

Helly.
Ah... That's something to think on... That's a 4k... and it uses HEVC right?
I would say you are probably looking more at a bitrate issue.
Start experimenting there and see what results you get... Also check your settings in Kodi and your peripherals. I hope this helps... If you find it please share the conclusion...

Sent from my XT1650
More progress made in modding Xonfluence Video Osd, Please am still looking for the file to locate OSDMediaHeading. I want to change the content title to white and change the font aswell. Someone who has done this before can please help me out. I am now reading Kodi skinning and getting along.

Thanks for your help.

When on full screen and you press skip/forward button, there is no visual confirmation on top right screen corner like on original confluence skin. Is this by design or is it bug? I am on latest Krypton.
Helly,

I am having issues installing the xonfluence skin onto kodi 17 Beta 3. Any suggestions?
(2016-05-10, 09:38)EngineerPeter Wrote: Thanks for maintaining this addon Helly,

a small question that is probably user error on my behalf!. when I pause a movie, is it possible to have a logo or clear art come up on the pause screen (along side the plot). The skin used to do this, but I've obviosuly clicked on something and I don't know what! This happens on TV shows OK.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Did you ever fix this? I had clearart too at some point and now back to posters but can't remember what I did (if anything) to lose them
I am running Windows 10 and Kodi v16.1. Kodi freezes on exit. I have tried to modify the DiagButtonMenu.xml to insert the Windows command to <onclick>System.Exec ("taskkill.exe /im Kodi.exe /f")</onclick> for the "Quit" command but is does not work like it does in the Skin.Confluence. Please advise how to resolve Exit hanging for freezing. Thank you.
(2016-11-24, 15:29)stevesawyer1895 Wrote: I am running Windows 10 and Kodi v16.1. Kodi freezes on exit. I have tried to modify the DiagButtonMenu.xml to insert the Windows command to <onclick>System.Exec ("taskkill.exe /im Kodi.exe /f")</onclick> for the "Quit" command but is does not work like it does in the Skin.Confluence. Please advise how to resolve Exit hanging for freezing. Thank you.
Post a debug log that includes your shutdown - using the default skin files. That's the only way anyone will have a clue.
I don't know if anyone can help me with this. I'm using the xonfluence skin on winows version of Kodi 16.1. Took ages to create backgrounds, submenues and shortcuts, but now I have finished I'm very happy with it. I wanted to install this on my android box also running Kodi 16.1. Have deleted textures13.db and backed up kodi, have every box ticked. Problem I'm having is when I restore onto the android box or onto the wifes pc, the shortcut thumbnails don't appear. The shortcuts are there but the thumbs are not.

I'm not an expert or anything like that, just a novice who tries.

Hoping this is a simple common issue and not me being a complete twat that ballsed it up.

Thanks in advance!
(2016-11-24, 15:29)stevesawyer1895 Wrote: I have tried to modify the DiagButtonMenu.xml to insert the Windows command to <onclick>System.Exec ("taskkill.exe /im Kodi.exe /f")</onclick> for the "Quit" command...

Is this even a good idea? If I understand correctly killing the task, or even clicking the windows red x causes Kodi not to shut down in the same correct way compared to using the Kodi Quit/Exit.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13