• 38(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-10-16, 23:07)smitchell6879 Wrote: I have mi box running spmc 16.4.2 I used the non shield TV performance steps from the GitHub. also add a 30mb buffer on all video local and internet. For me I am be watch/stream blu-ray folder structure rips .m2ts from my media server, which are just a bunch of windows share. with that I might get a droped from once in a movie maybe most of the time I would never know I wasn't on laptop connected to the tv.

(2016-10-18, 03:15)smitchell6879 Wrote: in advancesettings.xml

<network>
<cachemembuffersize>30971520</cachemembuffersize> <!-------not exactly 30mb but close enough you can make it bigger but you have to wait longer>
<buffermode>1</buffermode> <!------this force buffer on all files>
<readbufferfactor>2.75</readbufferfactor> <!--------maybe 3 I forgot... this is a multiplier >
</network>

this worked for me on spmc as far as the settings
system>audio output

I personal turned on or allowed pass-through

video>playback

adjust display refresh rate = always
sync playback to display = off

video>acceleration
allow hardware acceleration - mediacodec (surface) = on
Allow hardware acceleration - media codec = on
accelerate MPEG2 = always
accelerate mepg4 =always
accelerate h264 = always

system>video output
set gui video =1080
vertical blank sync= always enabled

sod video settings
DE interlace video = auto
DE interlace method = bob

set default for all media

other
video> playback> sync playback to display off when using pass through

btw most of this came from either kodi forum or koying spmc forum.

Hope this helps... And yeah I don't have a 4k tv so it may not
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2016-11-23, 18:49)smitchell6879 Wrote: Go into setting there is a opition to reset the box..... As far as 24 or 60 Hz don't change the mi box setting us spmc and set it to auto adjust... On here somewhere I posted the setting that are recommended and work great on my mi box.... I see Hz between 29 and 59 it changes depending o. The content I am viewing.

Ok thanks, I'll look for your settings.

(2016-11-23, 19:10)Rpcz Wrote: I am trying to find your settings. However, i could not find them. On the mi box settings on resolution what should i select? I have on 4k2k 60hz (i have a 4k tv). Also, what do i have to select on spmc?. I mean i want the frequency to adjust depending on the content that i play. Right now, everything plays on 60hz, even if i play a 1080p movie on spmc. That is why i get a lot of judder while playing content on spmc.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

That is my problem is very uncomfortable that the change is not automatic.
(2016-11-23, 18:45)smitchell6879 Wrote:
(2016-11-23, 17:00)Pi 4 Wrote: I'm considering picking up a mi box. I have two 4 tb hard drives loaded with 720p (mostly I believe) iso and mp4 files. I'd like to add the usb ethernet adapter with usb input ports I've seen mentioned here. I'd like to ....

1. connect via ethernet (to compare ethernet vs wifi)
2. Use two of the usb ports to connect my two 4tb hard drives
3. Use the third usb port to add to the internal memory with a usb flash drive.

Will the Mi Box allow me to use the two usb ports on the adapter to add the two HDs AND use the third to expand the internal memory ? And also is there a limit to the size of connected HDs ?

I'm deciding between the Shield and Mi Box. The Shield is considered better by most but the Mi Box might be more than enough for my purposes. I'll be of course using Kodi for my HD movie viewing.

Unless the mi box your looking at is different then the us Verison it only has one USB port....

Yes I understand that. However I was referring to using an Ethernet adapter with usb ports. That would add 1 Ethernet port and 3 usb ports. It would plug into the existing usb port on the Mi Box.

Would this allow me to use the two usb ports on the adapter to add the two HDs AND use the third to expand the internal memory ? Or would the Mi Box see either external drives OR internal memory and not both ?
Gotcha... And I will have to try it... I have a 4port connected but I only have a thumb for internal and keyboard if I get time I will test it out and let you know if it will read another HD... I am sure it will tho running Android should show up as usba and usbb etc maybe some else already using it that can answer this faster.
(2016-11-23, 20:42)Pi 4 Wrote:
(2016-11-23, 18:45)smitchell6879 Wrote:
(2016-11-23, 17:00)Pi 4 Wrote: I'm considering picking up a mi box. I have two 4 tb hard drives loaded with 720p (mostly I believe) iso and mp4 files. I'd like to add the usb ethernet adapter with usb input ports I've seen mentioned here. I'd like to ....

1. connect via ethernet (to compare ethernet vs wifi)
2. Use two of the usb ports to connect my two 4tb hard drives
3. Use the third usb port to add to the internal memory with a usb flash drive.

Will the Mi Box allow me to use the two usb ports on the adapter to add the two HDs AND use the third to expand the internal memory ? And also is there a limit to the size of connected HDs ?

I'm deciding between the Shield and Mi Box. The Shield is considered better by most but the Mi Box might be more than enough for my purposes. I'll be of course using Kodi for my HD movie viewing.

Unless the mi box your looking at is different then the us Verison it only has one USB port....

Yes I understand that. However I was referring to using an Ethernet adapter with usb ports. That would add 1 Ethernet port and 3 usb ports. It would plug into the existing usb port on the Mi Box.

Would this allow me to use the two usb ports on the adapter to add the two HDs AND use the third to expand the internal memory ? Or would the Mi Box see either external drives OR internal memory and not both ?
Don't bother trying that adapter, it doesn't work with Mi Box (I've tried it). Well, at least the Ethernet part (the USB ports are fine). Seems a soft issue. Many USB 3.0 Hub + Ethernet adapters are not recognized (see this post). Hope they fix it in a later firmware.

Some of the few that are verified to work are these ones from UGREEN:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LLUEJFU/ (USB 3.0 + Gigabit Ethernet)
https://amzn.com/B00LLUEJXW (USB 2.0 + Fast Ethernet)

A reddit user stated this one works, too: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019GLIJ0Q

Some simple USB-Ethernet adapters verified to work:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00484IEJS
https://amzn.com/B00YUU3KC6

Hope it helps.
(2016-11-23, 18:48)mitalm Wrote:
(2016-11-23, 18:47)mjbxx Wrote:
(2016-11-23, 17:36)mitalm Wrote: Does anyone have any idea how to switch this icon off? I've been doing a tonne of searching/googling and can't seem to find anyone experiencing the same issue on Android TV.
Do you have ES File Explorer installed on the box? There have been numerous complaints about it rendering an unwanted icon. If so, remove the app and see if that helps.

Yes I do! Will try that when I get back. Thanks for the quick reply! Smile

I had the same and it was annoying me...

i just Force Stopped ES Explorer and its gone away!
Is it possible to use mic from remote to input inside SPMC? For example for search a title in your movie database Or input a http repo or you need to use the uncomfortable virtual keyboard?
ES File Explorer has now become nothing better than Spamware, getting its tentacles into all sorts of Android features and generally being bloody annoying. Its getting worse with each version released. Trash the App.
I recommend voting it 1/2 a Star in the Google Play store and Vent your feeling about this Spamware at the same time.

Android Apps (non Android TV) install TIP:

The Android TV App - X-Plore is much better file manager than ES File Explorer.

Q. Want to easily upload an Android App to the Mi Box without a USB Stick needed, using X-Plore ?
  • Simply select the WiFi Server in the X-Plore App, and note down the HTTP IP address under WiFi file sharing
  • Go to a PC / Mac and enter the IP address into a browser
  • Select SDCard > Download folder
  • Upload the required App and then install from the Download folder on the Mi Box using X-Plore again.
Job Done. Smile

(2016-11-24, 08:03)zival Wrote: Is it possible to use mic from remote to input inside SPMC? For example for search a title in your movie database Or input a http repo or you need to use the uncomfortable virtual keyboard?

Yes! I use all the time.

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-11-23, 19:31)smitchell6879 Wrote:
(2016-10-16, 23:07)smitchell6879 Wrote: I have mi box running spmc 16.4.2 I used the non shield TV performance steps from the GitHub. also add a 30mb buffer on all video local and internet. For me I am be watch/stream blu-ray folder structure rips .m2ts from my media server, which are just a bunch of windows share. with that I might get a droped from once in a movie maybe most of the time I would never know I wasn't on laptop connected to the tv.

(2016-10-18, 03:15)smitchell6879 Wrote: in advancesettings.xml

<network>
<cachemembuffersize>30971520</cachemembuffersize> <!-------not exactly 30mb but close enough you can make it bigger but you have to wait longer>
<buffermode>1</buffermode> <!------this force buffer on all files>
<readbufferfactor>2.75</readbufferfactor> <!--------maybe 3 I forgot... this is a multiplier >
</network>

this worked for me on spmc as far as the settings
system>audio output

I personal turned on or allowed pass-through

video>playback

adjust display refresh rate = always
sync playback to display = off

video>acceleration
allow hardware acceleration - mediacodec (surface) = on
Allow hardware acceleration - media codec = on
accelerate MPEG2 = always
accelerate mepg4 =always
accelerate h264 = always

system>video output
set gui video =1080
vertical blank sync= always enabled

sod video settings
DE interlace video = auto
DE interlace method = bob

set default for all media

other
video> playback> sync playback to display off when using pass through

btw most of this came from either kodi forum or koying spmc forum.

Hope this helps... And yeah I don't have a 4k tv so it may not
Hi,
I setting your configuration, and same the problem, is because spmc/kodi can not change the frequency Hz of tv automatically.

Anyone have other solution?.

Hope that Xioami update the fimware for solution this.
Quote:Hi,
I setting your configuration, and same the problem, is because spmc/kodi can not change the frequency Hz of tv automatically.

Anyone have other solution?.

Hope that Xioami update the fimware for solution this.

That really sucks if it doesnt auto switch the refresh rate. I doubt they will firmware fix this.
Sorry to waste your time and to hear that...my tv is only a 3d 1080 Vizio so I wasn't sure how it would work with the 4k.... Seems 4k still has a ways to go before slot of devices are 100 percent compatible. Be of wishes.
I bought this adapter.
https://www.amazon.es/%C3%B3ptico-Toslin....5+TOSLink

And it works perfectly, audio dts 5.1 and ac3 5.1 passthrough
I have a problem.

I have an external HDD. Wd elements desktop 3TB.
https://www.amazon.es/WD-Elements-Disco-...YCHWG?th=1

When I turn off my box from the remote. The disc stops, but after a while it returns to the beginning and not stops.

When I turn off the TV, my box goes off too. And it's the same with the hdd.

Can you completely shut down my box?

Do you have hdd problems?
(2016-11-24, 14:08)smitchell6879 Wrote: Sorry to waste your time and to hear that...my tv is only a 3d 1080 Vizio so I wasn't sure how it would work with the 4k.... Seems 4k still has a ways to go before slot of devices are 100 percent compatible. Be of wishes.

My tv is TV LG 3D 1080, and not work. But your tv change automatically the frequency?
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21