• 230(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Picture quality is my prime interest, his little brother Solo 4K (same chip) was compared with a Pioneer 450 (2012) and the solo 4K presents superior PQ see link.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

(2016-11-23, 01:29)couto27 Wrote: Picture quality is my prime interest, his little brother Solo 4K (same chip) was compared with a Pioneer 450 (2012) and the solo 4K presents superior PQ see link.

So they compare a 2012 product vs a 2016 Undecided
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
The Dune 4K ranges' AV playback quality (ignoring GUI, library and current lack of 3D subtitles) is widely considered as good as it gets for streaming, but they need to adopt Sigma HDMI 2.0+ SoC's asap to be more relevant (and price justified) going into 2017. I'm sure they've already got those players well underway by now. (just as everyone else is probably moving to HDMI 2.1 Wink

http://www.sigmadesigns.com/news/sigma-d...-chipsets/
(2016-11-23, 01:29)couto27 Wrote: Picture quality is my prime interest, his little brother Solo 4K (same chip) was compared with a Pioneer 450 (2012) and the solo 4K presents superior PQ see link.

I think a current HTPC setup (i3/i5 with GTX1060) with MadVR can have more power for better quality with NNEDDI algorithms or NG1.
But of course, we will have to properly test it with discs like Spears and Munsil 2 like you did....
(2016-11-24, 14:01)hansolo Wrote: I think a current HTPC setup (i3/i5 with GTX1060) with MadVR can have more power for better quality with NNEDDI algorithms or NG1.
But of course, we will have to properly test it with discs like Spears and Munsil 2 like you did....

To get the best PQ, i really prefer to pay 600€/700€ for some 4K Bluray Player and lift my arse from the sofa to change the disk, than built another PC...Just because PCs are not reliable enough.
How annoying is when we to watch a movie after dinner, and the dam thing is rebooting or having a major update... HTPC is not my cup of Tea....and im not english Wink

Some of Kodi developers are really dedicated to this project, and that makes it a better product than the competition.
Kodi is also very popular because its free, good playing engine and have a fancy jukebox that works 99,9% scanning libraries.
VLC is also popular and its also free but misses the Jukebox...How popular VLC would be with some similar Kodi Jukebox ?

Some people are willing to give up some PQ and struggle for capable player just for the jukebox convenience and easy to use...and HTPCs dont really fit in easy-to-use concept IMHO...
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Rebooting? Major update? I think your problem is windows, not kodi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@couto with the Windows 10 pro
forced reboots are not a problem, you can change that setting
as for paying for an over expensive BDP, why would you do that, when the new GPU's play 4k so well just make sure the HDMI version on the TV is 2.0
MY only trouble is the darn hybrids hd, that should have been replaced 2 years ago
Now i am paying the price.
And besides from a cold boot my PC starts in 1.3 sec not from sleep or other TOTAL COLD boot, with a 500SSD and 5 hybrids ignored in UEFI ofc
remember the Windows 7 days that was frustrating
Thank you
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
(2016-11-22, 19:10)movie78 Wrote: @couto27 I don't this the crowd for this type of media player maybe the AVS Forum , they like expensive stuff just because .

And this whole internal DAC built in a media player doesn't make any sense to me, I must be in the minority because of i here a lot of talk about it.

You would be in the Minority for people that do Pre/PRO setups. These are devices that are not made for just movies. People that have setups that handle SACD and such to get the best output they can. You are thinking only in terms of Movies. I own the A500pro the competition to the solo duo and in terms of PQ/AQ it cant be beat for the price and ease of use. I still check out Kodi boxes as the jukebox is still first rate the problem has always been the hardware behind it. Even today I still see all of HDMKV reviews and each box he does always has a * next to some item be it improper framerate slight stutter or something with the audio.

(2016-11-23, 16:18)JustAnotherUser Wrote: The Dune 4K ranges' AV playback quality (ignoring GUI, library and current lack of 3D subtitles) is widely considered as good as it gets for streaming, but they need to adopt Sigma HDMI 2.0+ SoC's asap to be more relevant (and price justified) going into 2017. I'm sure they've already got those players well underway by now. (just as everyone else is probably moving to HDMI 2.1 Wink

http://www.sigmadesigns.com/news/sigma-d...-chipsets/

No need for them yet still no way to get a 1:1 uhd rip. I am not going to start using an HD Fury card to get my 4k content. HDMI2.0+ will be needed when we can actually get some decent content on it and when we get a decent understanding of HDR. We already have tv's that are only HDR10 bit not Dolby Vision compatible. So I think that needs to iron out a bit before we can make a good jump into 2.0+
I couldn't agree more that HDR is in a bit mess and I'm not sure hdmi 2.1 adding dynamic Metadata is going to make it any easier for consumers. I think that update will be followed by HDr10+ to rival DV, but hopefully 2.1 will just be a f/w from 2.0.
I've put all my upgrades (source to display) on hold till next year when everything surrounding 4K might be more settled, common place and affordable (projectors particularly)
First up, big thanks to you guys for helping me choose the w1110s (benq ht2050 in the US). I had been delighted with the quality.
Bit of a possible issue though. I played sammys and suddenly there was pink halos all over the sky. I've read elsewhere about faulty colour wheels.

Edit: Managed to find some online advice and got into the colour wheel delay installer menu. Test patterns were not good. Adjusted the delay and patterns now seem ok and halos have gone. Just an example of very bad factory (lack of) calibration...
(2016-11-24, 17:55)couto27 Wrote: To get the best PQ, i really prefer to pay 600€/700€ for some 4K Bluray Player and lift my arse from the sofa to change the disk, than built another PC...Just because PCs are not reliable enough.
How annoying is when we to watch a movie after dinner, and the dam thing is rebooting or having a major update... HTPC is not my cup of Tea....and im not english Wink
About 4k BR: agree, but not much choices. Avoid Samsung, it has Cinavia on USB/DLNA. And like all Samsung devices, planned obsolescence at it's best/worst.
About HTPC: on all my computers after installing Windows first option is to disable autoupdate (recomended even on legal instalations). I can update myself when I want/need, not when Microsoft want.
Never had any of your issues. Agree that HTPC isn't wife friendly...

Quote:Some of Kodi developers are really dedicated to this project, and that makes it a better product than the competition.
Kodi is also very popular because its free, good playing engine and have a fancy jukebox that works 99,9% scanning libraries.
VLC is also popular and its also free but misses the Jukebox...How popular VLC would be with some similar Kodi Jukebox ?

Some people are willing to give up some PQ and struggle for capable player just for the jukebox convenience and easy to use...and HTPCs dont really fit in easy-to-use concept IMHO...

Agree about Kodi developers and I add this community has many dedicated users, with good knowledge and common-sense.
But you can also have Kodi on HTPC... you don't need VLC.
Absolutely! Double clicking on the Kodi Icon is hardly wife-unfriendly, unless they've been raised by wolves and never seen a computer before!

Edit: I'm not suggesting your wife was raised by wolves...Angel
Does anyone know of a list that shows which versions of the 3D movie have different levels in regards to contrast etc?

Like Man of Steel, the 3D is brighter than the 2D version whereas other are the same. I would like a list so I can discard any duplicates.
Thanks
(2016-11-24, 21:34)nickr Wrote: Rebooting? Major update? I think your problem is windows, not kodi.

As we're in the thread titled "Kodi Media Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio" I wonder: Is the info on the first page wrong that the only option to get MVC 3D + HD Audio passthrough is a windows HTPC? Is there some way to get MVC 3D + HD Audio passthrough with a HTPC running Linux?
(2016-12-01, 18:49)kaefert Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 21:34)nickr Wrote: Rebooting? Major update? I think your problem is windows, not kodi.

As we're in the thread titled "Kodi Media Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio" I wonder: Is the info on the first page wrong that the only option to get MVC 3D + HD Audio passthrough is a windows HTPC? Is there some way to get MVC 3D + HD Audio passthrough with a HTPC running Linux?
Nope

Sent from my HTC 10
  • 230(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17