Linux How-To: Use ANY IR Remote In The House to Control XBMC
(2015-05-01, 06:02)ChimChim Wrote: Good to know for next time. I used the default names from Irrecord. Thanks!

You can either delete them when finished or use the ignore namespace switch while recording the names.
Any idea why my NUC won't power up anymore from the remote power button? It will power down normally from the button. Thanks!
Sorry, cant help with that one.
Forgot I flashed an updated BIOS after fixing the remote.... Turned out there were some new settings I needed to change in the power settings to wake on CIR. Doh.
(2015-02-22, 22:15)gchase23 Wrote: I finally got around to adding the XBOXONE voice commands, just did play/pause/stop/fastforward/rewind and mapped two TV channels "Watch NBA TV" and "Watch NBC Sports" to Red and Green, hoping that I can use those to launch the BallStreams add-on and NBCSports Add-ons directly from voice,

for some reason my Lircmap.xml creates a constant boot loop of kodi/xbmc, until it kicks me back to the log-in screen, If I rename the Lircmap.xml to Lircmap.bak, Kodi loads without any issue?

here is my Lircmap.xml
Code:
<lircmap>

<remote device="XBOXONE">

<play>KEY_PLAY</play>
<reverse>KEY_REWIND</reverse>
<forward>KEY_FORWARD</forward>
<stop>KEY_STOP</stop>
<pause>KEY_PAUSE</pause>

<red>KEY_RED</red>
<green>KEY_GREEN</green>

</remote>
</lircmap>

As soon as I change the name (no reboot necessary) it loads fine.

Any ideas?

Was this solved? Working on getting Kinect to work with OSMC. Just want it to recognize verbal play/pause commands.
My remote used to work right out of the box with XBMCbuntu. Now that it no longer exists and I have to start from scratch. I began with UBUNTU MATE and install XBMC. My remote is supported by the kernel. So I loaded ir-keytable and began maping the keys with rc6-mce-table.

However most of them do not function. This guide sounds like what I need to do except that it needs to be updated for ir-keytable in newer linux distros.

Is there a guide that already has this info in it?
Frank Barcenas
Dir of Operations
Hospemex.com
(2016-11-26, 23:21)fbarcenas Wrote: This guide sounds like what I need to do except that it needs to be updated for ir-keytable in newer linux distros.

Why?
The whole point of this is to use LIRC to have complete customization and control over ANY IR remote
Doesn't LIRC work anymore?

I am not really interested in adding complexity to an existing method that achieves perfection.
(2016-11-28, 04:54)FishOil Wrote:
(2016-11-26, 23:21)fbarcenas Wrote: This guide sounds like what I need to do except that it needs to be updated for ir-keytable in newer linux distros.

Why?
The whole point of this is to use LIRC to have complete customization and control over ANY IR remote
Doesn't LIRC work anymore?

I am not really interested in adding complexity to an existing method that achieves perfection.
Some IR are now controlled in the kernel. Also if you can't find updated drivers nuvoton for xenial, it can be an issue as well. So if your ir has kernel driver, I would assume that it would be easier to use devinput in LIRC instead of having to locate drivers for odd or un popular IR receivers.
Frank Barcenas
Dir of Operations
Hospemex.com

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How-To: Use ANY IR Remote In The House to Control XBMC4