• 23(current)
Feature Requests
(2016-11-28, 13:36)loggio Wrote: ability to disable/enable the default widgets

You can already do this for the widgets that are playlist based, the playlists can be found in the addons/skin.estuary/playlists folder, make sure to backup any changes made as any update will over write them.
(2016-11-28, 13:51)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2016-11-28, 13:36)loggio Wrote: ability to disable/enable the default widgets

You can already do this for the widgets that are playlist based, the playlists can be found in the addons/skin.estuary/playlists folder, make sure to backup any changes made as any update will over write them.

I realize this, but it was more aimed at the ability to disable them through skin settings and being able to have the option to use "internet based" widgets instead sort of thing.... simply having nothing these is not really appealing lol
A way to add custom home screen menu items. Preferably something simple like linking it to an addon or favorite.
(2016-11-28, 13:36)loggio Wrote: I do have a subtle suggestion on aesthetics :

1. Perhaps change the "widgets" to wraplists and have them autoscroll so that the homescreen is not appearing to be so static when idle.
Do not do this for the "categories" section as having the categories auto scroll would not be navigationally friendly.

something like this:
<control type="wraplist" id="$PARAM[list_id]">
<autoscroll time="10000">!Control.HasFocus(5001)</autoscroll>
<scrolltime tween="back" easing="out">900</scrolltime>

2. Perhaps make the focused items 'pulse' slowly when highlighted

for example Something like this on control id:9000 focused layout
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="40" time="1800" pulse="true" condition="Control.HasFocus(9000)" tween="sine" easing="out">Conditional</animation>

This will make an otherwise static experience breathe a little bit of life and can be adapted throughout the skin. It doesn't sound like much, but it's subtle movements that the brain needs to see that makes user interaction so much more of an enjoyable experience than just 'pointing and clicking' so to speak. it makes things feel so much more responsive.

No, please! I don't like Christmas tree effects. Better let them on customization hacks....
Hi guys,

Any chance of having the notification dialog a little less obtrusive ?
It appears bulky and rather oddly placed when it appears in the top right corner

perhaps have it centered at the top of the screen between the clock and the navigational information so it doesn't appear over the top of everything.
And have the notification icons a little smaller, the icons seem a little too large and out of balance with the rest of the skin.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
for the options button/choice at the bottom left of the movie folder screens is it possible to have a "long press" that always takes one to the main screen?
can you add option to move/reorder main menu items up and down
Please add view modes to file view for music. I'm kinda worried since now after updating to beta 6 the view options are totally missing. I have always used file mode with thumb view to navigate music visually by album covers. Now list view is the only option. Please add view options back in!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure how most people view their music collections but this is almost a deal breaker for me as I i recognize most albums by cover not name.

On a side note not a huge issue for me but from beta 3 to 6 the main screen no longer fits my tv properly...i know the issue has already been mentioned but would be nice if it could be addressed.

Thanks to everyone for their work on kodi!
+1 to bring back the old homescreen widget layout.

I love the new sidebar, but the huge sub-menu icons keeping two rows of items from fully displaying is a huge miss / UI step backwards. [/u]
Hi! Some feature requests here:

Bring Artwork Downloader Support

Ability to display Movies/TV Shows logos in library views/movie informations in place of movie title

Ability to see original language movie title in library views (bellow the title for exemple)

Ability to display Movies discart in library views/movie informations

Ability to display extrafanarts in library views/movie informations background

Ability to display IMDB/Rotten Tomatoes/Metacritics and all ratings in library views/movie informations

More detailed media flags like we can see in Titan skin (Text Based style for exemple)

Ability to show all audio language/subtitles tracks in movie informations like Estuary Mod does

ClearArt support in OSD (While bringin up OSD and in Pause)

NextUp Service Notification full support

Ability to activate background fanart animation to make the whole thing feel more alive

Display movie informations while in pause

Ability to choose custom background in main menu (for exemple "random movie fanart" when Movies is selected, "random TV shows fanart" when TV Shows is selected) and so on

Ability to customise main menu/submenus/widgets. I want to integrate, Youtube (as a shortcut to Youtube Leanback with Chrome using Advanced Launcher), Netflix (as a shorcut to Netflix in Internet Explorer for 1080p support using Advanced Launcher), Steam Launcher and Big Box launcher on my main screen

It's just an exhaustive list of some ideas coming in mind, there's much more but I'm trully loving this skin, it's neat, clear and easy to browse, most importantly it's lightweight... Some of my suggestions might make it more power hungry if enabled but we should be able to enable/disable them as we wish. Anyway theses things are the features I would love to see the most in the official Estuary skin.
(2016-12-02, 18:25)aedgington Wrote: +1 to bring back the old homescreen widget layout.

I love the new sidebar, but the huge sub-menu icons keeping two rows of items from fully displaying is a huge miss / UI step backwards. [/u]

Why would you want to make categories less visible?

Submenu items are such an essential part of kodi's navigation, the submenu Is the first thing I look for to take me directly to where I want to be.

In V1 they were tucked away in the top right corner completely disjointed from the main menu, it made no sense and I hated that layout, it was a deal breaker. Categories is displayed much better now.

To me, and most users (I'd imagine) the sub menu is much more important than a silly playlist widget. I don't think I've ever clicked on any content displayed on those widgets... I don't even look at them, they're pointless to me because they're not displaying information that I want to see or can't find by clicking on a category icon.

The only way to make things better, would be to integrate the submenu into the main menu and make it visible when a main menu item is clicked. So instead of movies taking you directly to your movies library, it would instead display the submenu and supply you with a list of nodes to navigate to.

And then allow widgets to be customised by the user to cater for peoples different needs and interests. I'd much rather see a list of upcoming movies or trailers or addons at the top of my widgets instead of the current "in progress movies" that just displays a bunch of crappy 'half watch' movies that I'll probably never finish watching... Yet they're the first thing I see when I'm on the home screen.

But if they're not willing to go down that path then they should just leave it as is.
Looking at Krypton B6, Estuary and it looks really fabulous. A minor request, I would like to see the the grey/back ground area on the home page a transparent light blue to give the entire interface a look of lightness. The highlight blue is great, just don't think the dank grey/black is needed and would prefer less contrast and more high key tones.
(2016-12-02, 06:38)kinghop Wrote: Please add view modes to file view for music. I'm kinda worried since now after updating to beta 6 the view options are totally missing. I have always used file mode with thumb view to navigate music visually by album covers. Now list view is the only option. Please add view options back in!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure how most people view their music collections but this is almost a deal breaker for me as I i recognize most albums by cover not name.

On a side note not a huge issue for me but from beta 3 to 6 the main screen no longer fits my tv properly...i know the issue has already been mentioned but would be nice if it could be addressed.

Thanks to everyone for their work on kodi!

Why not add the music to your library using tags? That will give your albums all kinds of nice views.
(2016-12-02, 06:38)kinghop Wrote: Please add view modes to file view for music. I'm kinda worried since now after updating to beta 6 the view options are totally missing. I have always used file mode with thumb view to navigate music visually by album covers. Now list view is the only option. Please add view options back in!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure how most people view their music collections but this is almost a deal breaker for me as I i recognize most albums by cover not name.

+1

i have more or less the same problem. i have a folder with m3u files and other playlist files, i use them as a online radio (without the need of a extra radio-addon). with kodi v16 i had nice big thumbs for each radio-station, with the new skin only a boring list.
A couple small issues with the PVR timeline view.
1) The episode number is not displayed with the show info at the bottom of the screen.
2) At the bottom left of the screen the TV show artwork used to show here, now all I see is the network logo. I'm using PVR.wmc if it matters.

Thank you for adding scroll ability with the mouse earlier. The V2 skin is a hit in my opinion, much better than V1
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests3