• 98(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
(2016-11-30, 11:20)jdf76 Wrote:
(2016-11-30, 03:56)DjDiabolik Wrote: 5.3.5 it's been auto installed about this afternoon............ apparently now it's no more possible to view as "Media Info" or "Media Info 2" the video list in my subscription of the video result after a search. It's be only possibly to set "Icon", "Large Icon" or "Full List" if i remember.

It's normal ? It's be possibly to re-add this ?

Unfortunately, these changes were requested by the Kodi Devs and we cannot remove it.

If you want to down grade just download the old version from the links on the first page and turn auto-update off.

Jeff

Can you elaborate on this please Jeff? Kodi developers requested that certain view types be removed from the addon? Really?

What was the reason for this? How does it affect them? (is there another related thread about this somewhere?)

I use the Media Info view with all of my YouTube, so it's personally a big issue for me too.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
I used media info/info wall views myself which are no longer available.

The views are different due to the request that the content type for the add-on's videos be changed from 'episodes' to 'videos' . As you can tell there are less views available to this content type. This change also broke the 'Override view' settings which will also not be allowed for official, and therefore removed.

From what I gather this is requested as this should be the skins concern not the add-ons, and our content is simply not episodes and the episode views will have incorrect/episode breadcrumbs.

I find myself now using the WideList view of the latest Estuary skin.
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
I also exclusively use media view in Confluence.
Just an FYI we haven't released 5.3.5 yet, because if we make changes they'll be published under the same number. I just put the zip on kolifanes repo.

Also after the 5.3.5 branch i'm no longer going to use Kolifanes repo because i can't seem to get a hold of him, so i can manage it properly.

Thanks
Jeff
(2016-11-30, 21:44)rodalpho Wrote: I also exclusively use media view in Confluence.

I recommend not updating to 5.3.5 then.

Jeff
All users: I have been in contact with anxdpanic today regarding the issue of Media views and I will be adding some explanatory information to the FAQ during the next days after I have contacted another couple of people first. Please be patient, Thank you Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2016-11-30, 21:59)jdf76 Wrote: I recommend not updating to 5.3.5 then.
What you really mean is don't update ever again. Obviously that isn't a solution I'm happy with.
(2016-11-30, 22:28)jmh2002 Wrote: All users: I have been in contact with anxdpanic today regarding the issue of Media views and I will be adding some explanatory information to the FAQ during the next days after I have contacted another couple of people first. Please be patient, Thank you Smile

Thank you all for staying on top of this with your hard work. I could deal with the widelist view but it doesn't have any way of marking the videos previously watched.
(2016-11-30, 23:54)rodalpho Wrote:
What you really mean is don't update ever again. Obviously that isn't a solution I'm happy with.

Unfortunately this is a requirement for Kodi, in order for us to put this into Kodi's repo we have to follow their guidelines. Honestly like you i'm not thrilled with the changes, but it's something they require so if we want to stay in the Kodi Repository we have to abide by their rules.

I apologize.

Jeff
(2016-11-30, 23:56)EricSol Wrote:
(2016-11-30, 22:28)jmh2002 Wrote: All users: I have been in contact with anxdpanic today regarding the issue of Media views and I will be adding some explanatory information to the FAQ during the next days after I have contacted another couple of people first. Please be patient, Thank you Smile

Thank you all for staying on top of this with your hard work. I could deal with the widelist view but it doesn't have any way of marking the videos previously watched.

I hear you there.

Jeff
(2016-11-30, 11:20)jdf76 Wrote:
(2016-11-30, 03:56)DjDiabolik Wrote: 5.3.5 it's been auto installed about this afternoon............ apparently now it's no more possible to view as "Media Info" or "Media Info 2" the video list in my subscription of the video result after a search. It's be only possibly to set "Icon", "Large Icon" or "Full List" if i remember.

It's normal ? It's be possibly to re-add this ?

Unfortunately, these changes were requested by the Kodi Devs and we cannot remove it.

If you want to down grade just download the old version from the links on the first page and turn auto-update off.

Jeff

I agree... but i thinks whit "Info Media" it's be possible to obtain so many information about video you selected from list... for example:
Using "Info Media" -> This show the list of video on left. At right upper the screenshot of video and below the description of video and you can see what's the actual channel of this video.

Currently.......... whitout this "Info media" the description of video it's no more readable. And when you stay to scroll up the video list you absolutely not know what's your channels.

I repeat... i agree the decision to remove this visualitation of video list but at same time i thinks it's two very usefull feature..............
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
Does anyone know if its possible to enable DASH support on this addon for SPMC on the shield? I'm running the just-released version of SPMC that supports DASH but the check box is greyed out in the youtube addon.
(2016-12-01, 06:50)touser Wrote: Does anyone know if its possible to enable DASH support on this addon for SPMC on the shield? I'm running the just-released version of SPMC that supports DASH but the check box is greyed out in the youtube addon.

Did you have videostream (inputstream) addon installed? Also you need to run Kodi v17 Krypton.

Jeff
(2016-12-01, 02:36)jdf76 Wrote:
(2016-11-30, 23:54)rodalpho Wrote:

Unfortunately this is a requirement for Kodi, in order for us to put this into Kodi's repo we have to follow their guidelines. Honestly like you i'm not thrilled with the changes, but it's something they require so if we want to stay in the Kodi Repository we have to abide by their rules.

I apologize.

Jeff

Can someone make a fork that keeps media info and host it on a separate repo? Wouldn't it be a simple code line add right?
That's unfortunate. I guess I'll go back to YouTube on my FireTV.
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12