Sort music by year?
Hi Team,

I haven't been able to find anything on this, but is it possible to sort music by year? I know there is a sort option for "by artist by year", but I cannot find a simple "by year" sort option.

Marc.
Marc "year" is lower down the list of possible sort orders on both album and songs. On v17 anyway, juts have a closer look.
(2016-12-01, 10:39)DaveBlake Wrote: Marc "year" is lower down the list of possible sort orders on both album and songs. On v17 anyway, juts have a closer look.

Thanks Dave: I am still on version 16.1...

Will look out for it when I upgrade.

Marc.
Just checked, Jarvis has "Year" as a sort too, just cycle through the sorts until you find it.

In that way v17 is better as the selection of sort order, along with many other selections, now uses a popup list so you can scroll through it.
Dave, I had another look and you are right: sort by year is an option.

I should have been clearer in my question. I have a music source containing "singles". This source has songs from the 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s. I setup a smart playlist against this source. That allows me to only see these singles. When I am in this play list, there is no option to sort by year. Also, when I enable party mode from this playlist, it still grabs all music (including full albums).

Marc
I have done this in the past but it takes a bit of effort.

Try creating "Decades" nodes such as "1990's music" then create a node underneath that for each year.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Audio_nodes

That should also give you the option to sort by year in the 1990's node because its not a playlist and also click down to the years quickly if wanted.

EDIT: here is the example node

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257378&page=2
(2016-12-02, 00:04)1marc1 Wrote: I should have been clearer in my question. I have a music source containing "singles". This source has songs from the 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s. I setup a smart playlist against this source. That allows me to only see these singles. When I am in this play list, there is no option to sort by year. Also, when I enable party mode from this playlist, it still grabs all music (including full albums).
Ah, from smart playlists...... the missing year sort from "songs" type smart playlists has been fixed in v17.

But party mode still exceeds the confines of the list rules, I'll have a look at that.

EDIT: Actually it seems that party mode was never designed to take any notice of the node or smart playlist that was on view at the time. Instead, whatever is on view when turned on from the side blade, it uses the rules inside a special playlist called the "party mode smart playlist".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sort music by year?0